Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Server side SRP implementation.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,054
Server side SRP implementation.

I have moved on long ago and I don't really touch conquer anymore, in-fact I moved away from the programming scene altogether, But while cleaning up my overflowing ssd today I stumbled upon my old server project and while looking through the code it occurred to me that I have spent a lot of time reverse engineering the client side SRP implementation to use it in that server.

And given that I made up my mind to never finish that server, I have been debating whether I should release it to the public or not. (Not the whole thing, Only the SRP implementation).

Idk, On one hand I know it may spark some interest in server development on the latest patches and help some people (even though the CO2 section itself is ready to RIP) but on the other hand I am still salty and think that this forum does not deserve or appreciate my/anyone elses time and energy, It just feeds off of our work like a black hole.

What do you guys think, Get over all the negatives and release it or Keep it to myself? Maybe sell it and make some money instead? Anyone interested? Let me know what you guys think.

I know this will attract a ton of leeches but so I will do my best to ignore them.

Old 05/17/2018, 17:23   #2

It's your work so it's your decision. Better to release so we can get ideas

Old 05/17/2018, 17:28   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,329
My implementation is public, but written in go. It's up to you. It doesn't really benefit the private server scene though, as everyone else just hooks the client to send RC5 instead. You could add it to the wiki if you just want to document it.
Old 05/18/2018, 09:27   #4

Nah don't waste your time with CO.

« adding items contact me | PortProblems »