Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Where to start (CO Private Server Development)

Discussion on Where to start (CO Private Server Development) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Where to start (CO Private Server Development)

Hello elitepvpers,

I've been reading , to find a source that will help me learn CO Server Development, I have a background in Programming. And I want to practice/improve my programming skills by developing(or studying) a CO Private Server Sources. And I was wondering if you guys could please recommend me a source (good/bad) that will introduce me to CO Private Server development.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05/06/2018, 00:24   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
The list is old. I've been meaning to redo that after so many years. Delete entries and categorize only the good ones. Spring cleaning and what not. I think a few of us would agree that COPs v6 is the best open source out there being well written and simple to understand.
Old 05/06/2018, 15:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
The list is old. I've been meaning to redo that after so many years. Delete entries and categorize only the good ones. Spring cleaning and what not. I think a few of us would agree that COPs v6 is the best open source out there being well written and simple to understand.
The thread is still helpful though, and thanks for the recommendation, got it up and running, still reading and understanding the source tho. Also, thanks for the Phoenix source too, reading the documentations gives me idea how the server works. Got a noob question though, I have the Phoenix source up and running, I logged in successfully (I think, since the Account Server said so), but after that the client crash/disconnects. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Old 05/06/2018, 18:14   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I don't recommend Phoenix. It has a broken server architecture.
Old 05/07/2018, 16:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I don't recommend Phoenix. It has a broken server architecture.
I see, but it actually help me understand Packets, together with your thread on Packet Tutorial, so all good. Anyways, thank you for replying.