Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Needing Help.

Discussion on Needing Help. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Needing Help.

I'm trying to set up a private server and i am having some issues. I've watched tutorial after tutorial and its just not wanting to work, i need someone to help me get this figured out. Preferably i would like a list of programs i need to make it work because i've downloaded programs required from a bunch of different tuts and it just didn't work so i don't know if i'm missing something or what. I need someone willing to use TeamViewer to help me figure this out, will pay if you get it to work.
Old 04/13/2018, 07:04   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,113
A better strategy might be to post details of the problem you keep running into. Starting with what source you tried running. That way more people can help you, and your problem can be answered for everybody also experiencing the same issues. Not to mention you wouldn't be paying someone or requesting paid help... Which would be the Black market section (which you ).
Old 04/14/2018, 02:15   #3

yes i later posted on the black market trying to hire someone to do it for me. the source im trying to use is the WorldConquer source. I am having trouble getting the server online, i loaded up the database and created the account table as the creator said to. The only ip i could find was in the LoaderSet, which i set to my hamachi ip, some older tutorials said to edit the server.dat which also did not work. i do not want my server to be hamachi but for right now i dont mind because i want to use it to help me learn to code so it will mainly just be me online.
Old 04/14/2018, 03:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakun777 View Post
yes i later posted on the black market trying to hire someone to do it for me. the source im trying to use is the WorldConquer source. I am having trouble getting the server online, i loaded up the database and created the account table as the creator said to. The only ip i could find was in the LoaderSet, which i set to my hamachi ip, some older tutorials said to edit the server.dat which also did not work. i do not want my server to be hamachi but for right now i dont mind because i want to use it to help me learn to code so it will mainly just be me online.
Well, what exactly is the problem? I'm happy to help if you can give me details. I feel like I'm pulling teeth as it stands. This might help:
Old 04/14/2018, 08:35   #5

alright i am sorry this is hard for me to explain :/ i will try what the link you posted said and will get back to you. im sorry i do not fully understand how everything works. a friend at school told me i may need to forward ports and that he does it all the time when he plays minecraft with his friends. the person who helped me set up the server before was pro4never, i paid him like 20$ to do it which was reasonable. i remember he did something in some settings in my computer using the internet browser, he may have been forwarding the ports but i have no clue.
Old 04/14/2018, 17:39   #6

Quote:
alright i am sorry this is hard for me to explain :/ i will try what the link you posted said and will get back to you. im sorry i do not fully understand how everything works. a friend at school told me i may need to forward ports and that he does it all the time when he plays minecraft with his friends. the person who helped me set up the server before was pro4never, i paid him like 20$ to do it which was reasonable. i remember he did something in some settings in my computer using the internet browser, he may have been forwarding the ports but i have no clue.
So is the problem that nobody can connect? Can you connect locally? Throw me a bone, man...
Old 04/14/2018, 19:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
So is the problem that nobody can connect? Can you connect locally? Throw me a bone, man...
I cant connect, i guess i never checked if other people could connect lol. I was able to get into my routers settings and created a 3306 port, and created two ports, one for the login port and one for the game port in the “windows defender firewall with advanced security” in the “inbound rules” with the ports shown in the sources loaderset
Old 04/14/2018, 20:31   #8

Quote:
I cant connect, i guess i never checked if other people could connect lol. I was able to get into my routers settings and created a 3306 port, and created two ports, one for the login port and one for the game port in the “windows defender firewall with advanced security” in the “inbound rules” with the ports shown in the sources loaderset
If you're using Hamachi, you don't need to do port forwarding. You just use the IP address that they give you to connect. Are you seeing an error when you try to connect? Are you getting an error when you start up the server?
Old 04/14/2018, 23:15   #9

Quote:
If you're using Hamachi, you don't need to do port forwarding. You just use the IP address that they give you to connect. Are you seeing an error when you try to connect? Are you getting an error when you start up the server?
When i open the loader it says it could not connect to the autopatch server and asks if i want to manually install patches, for hamachi do i use the ipv4 or ipv6 adress cuz i tried the 4 which didnt work. Is there some program im missing cuz when pro4never set it up he had this program that said the server was “online” i would prefer it be non hamachi
Old 04/15/2018, 07:11   #10

Quote:
When i open the loader it says it could not connect to the autopatch server and asks if i want to manually install patches, for hamachi do i use the ipv4 or ipv6 adress cuz i tried the 4 which didnt work. Is there some program im missing cuz when pro4never set it up he had this program that said the server was “online” i would prefer it be non hamachi
Okay, ignoring the autopatch, use the IPv4 address to connect to the server. If you start the client and get an error on connect, then post it here so we can help. If you want to open your ports, use a port checker to check if your ports are open while running the server. Port checkers are online and googleable. The next time you post, try to include...
  1. Description of the problem
  2. Images of what you're seeing (you can upload to epvpimg)
  3. Expected behavior and actual behavior
  4. What you've tried to fix the problem
  5. How you found the problem, repeat steps for getting to the problem
Old 04/15/2018, 10:02   #11

alright well i just wrote this out and got an error trying to send it. lets try this again. The error i get is when i try to log in to conquer it says server maintenance. i tried to open ports on my router but did not know if they were supposed to be UDP or TCP i tried both and the BOTH option as well. neither of them worked, i am not sure if im supposed to fill anything out in the port trigger section but i tried filling in the same information i did for the virtual server/ port forwarding section and still gave me the same error trying to log into conquer. i have a few screen shots of the database, error i got when enabling static ip in the router settings, source folder, LoaderSet and the port forwarding tool also the router settings since apperently different brands have different settings.

Old 04/15/2018, 18:05   #12

Thank you for posting pictures. You need to use your local IP address on the port forwarding page, not the Gateway IP. It should be your 192.168.0.50 address. Same with the loader for local testing. Then, you should be giving people your external IP address in the loader, which you can get by asking google what your IP address is. Edit: After that point, you shouldn't need Hamachi.
Old 04/15/2018, 21:53   #13

Quote:
Thank you for posting pictures. You need to use your local IP address on the port forwarding page, not the Gateway IP. It should be your 192.168.0.50 address. Same with the loader for local testing. Then, you should be giving people your external IP address in the loader, which you can get by asking google what your IP address is. Edit: After that point, you shouldn't need Hamachi.
Actually, he might still need to use Hamachi if his ISP uses carrier-grade NAT. A lot of (most/all?) ISPs here in Denmark use carrier-grade NAT now, which means setting up port-forwarding on your router doesn't do anything - you'll have to pay your ISP for a static IP if you want to use port-forwarding.
Old 04/15/2018, 23:23   #14

Ok so i did what you said and it worked for like a second, the ports said open woth the checker and when i tried to log into conquer it showed the connecting to account server but hung there. I closed it and tried to open it again but then it started saying server maintenance again.
Old 04/16/2018, 00:06   #15

Quote:
Ok so i did what you said and it worked for like a second, the ports said open woth the checker and when i tried to log into conquer it showed the connecting to account server but hung there. I closed it and tried to open it again but then it started saying server maintenance again.
Does a progress bar show up? Do you get errors in the server console? What IP addresses are you now using? What else have you tried? Why did the Hamachi not work when you tried that?

Tags
setupconquer