Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VIP Aura not saving correctly

Discussion on VIP Aura not saving correctly within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 01/14/2018, 17:55   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
@ sir, can I ask you something? Is it possible if I add new data in statuseffect? like if the statuseffect.ini have the last of 54 (of total effects) and in the public enum statuseffect also have 54. Can I add another new line of effects both statuseffect.ini and in the source part? It's kind a noob question but want to know it.

Thank you.
It depends on the client version, but yes. It's limited by the length of the status effect bitmap for the spawn packet. But yes, it is possible to do. Easier thing to do would be to replace an effect that you don't need.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/14/2018, 18:58   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
It depends on the client version, but yes. It's limited by the length of the status effect bitmap for the spawn packet. But yes, it is possible to do. Easier thing to do would be to replace an effect that you don't need.
Wouldn't it still be easier to set the reborn count manually in the entity spawn? I have not touched that source so I got no clue.
Old 01/15/2018, 04:20   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Wouldn't it still be easier to set the reborn count manually in the entity spawn? I have not touched that source so I got no clue.
Idk. I don't touch the source either. I don't think anyone does. Maybe? Idk what else he's using things for. Probably isn't good to do anything too hacky, though?
Old 01/15/2018, 17:46   #19

Quote:
Idk. I don't touch the source either. I don't think anyone does. Maybe? Idk what else he's using things for. Probably isn't good to do anything too hacky, though?
I can only assume that the reason he wants to use 2nd reborn effect is precisely because you can't have it any other way. It would be the least hacky code I can think of. The only issue would then be sending the effect to his own character which just means sending a 1017 packet.
Old 01/15/2018, 17:56   #20

I changed an excisting StatusEffect to the 2nd reborn aura and it works. Problem solved, topic can be closed.

Edit: ( it's just client side )
Old 01/15/2018, 22:24   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
I can only assume that the reason he wants to use 2nd reborn effect is precisely because you can't have it any other way. It would be the least hacky code I can think of. The only issue would then be sending the effect to his own character which just means sending a 1017 packet.
Well, you bring up a good point. My thoughts were that it's not the system designated for the task. The status effect bitmap is, and the client was designed to utilize it and deliver character effects that way. If you were to add second reborn later, that hack would get in the way. It wasn't designed for that purpose. That's why I called it hacky. I get that sometimes it can't be helped, but if it can, why not do it a bit more legitimately?
Old 01/15/2018, 22:47   #22

[IMG=expandable: 1] [/IMG]
Old 01/15/2018, 23:05   #23

Hey, feel free to not answer this question if you don't want to, but did you purchase your source and some programming support through Serenity CO? I'm just looking into the scope of their advertisement on Google, and wanted to know if this was something that influenced your server. If you are comfortable talking about it, and you did pay some for your source code, how much did you spend as just a ballpark estimate? Again, just curious and thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Edit: I ask because I might open source something relatively soon, and am looking for how best to market it above other paid alternatives. If I knew the cost savings, that could help me market it.
Old 01/15/2018, 23:46   #24

You are such a troll. Pay for a source? I can download 5.000 sources in 1 minute, you got to be kidding me. I am not involved with any server other than my own. I wish you all best of luck with any source you are gonna use.
Old 01/16/2018, 06:00   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~OwnageBoy View Post
You are such a troll. Pay for a source? I can download 5.000 sources in 1 minute, you got to be kidding me. I am not involved with any server other than my own. I wish you all best of luck with any source you are gonna use.
You could have just said, "No, I decided not to involve myself with source purchases". You didn't have to be such a **** about it. Saying you can download 5,000 sources in a minute when I'm trying to write a source that gives people a chance to stand above that **** is a real slap to the face. Least you can do is take a hint and try to give me a respectable answer... especially when I'm just trying to help the community. ****, dude.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/16/2018, 09:52   #26

It wasn't suppose to be an offensive answer but I guess you took it as one. You're judging, cursing and going off-topic hoping for answers about a conspiracy illuminati theory, your so called cancer source.

Please read the name of this topic. The issue about VIP aura has been solved. I appriciate your help and answer but stop going off-topic.

Quote:
The NCOS2 source developed super cancer in the Arabic community just like your leaked source did. That's the source he's using.
Old 01/16/2018, 11:13   #27

@ Sir, The source he have is the so called "***" project name, as I saw code of the string packet of his 2ndmetho.... it's the same to the NewestCoServer(So called ***).. I have the Serenity Source it's quite different from the (***) yet they are the same base source (NCOS). I didn't buy it, my friend give it to me after he give up running a server.. it's too bad for him..
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2018, 17:09   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
@ Sir, The source he have is the so called "***" project name, as I saw code of the string packet of his 2ndmetho.... it's the same to the NewestCoServer(So called ***).. I have the Serenity Source it's quite different from the (***) yet they are the same base source (NCOS). I didn't buy it, my friend give it to me after he give up running a server.. it's too bad for him..
Thanks for the straight answer.
Old 01/19/2018, 14:11   #29

Received Thanks: 1,565
please tell me he is not sending effects on server ticks with the MsgString packet LOOOOL
Old 01/21/2018, 00:38   #30

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
I wasn't talking about myself. Sorry if it sounds like I only care about myself, but I don't want to code for you. Nobody here does unless you're willing . Ultimately, I think you have unreasonable expectations when posting questions. I'd love to help, and I offered to help you come to better answers, but you refuse to cooperate or expect the work to be done completely for you - and then you don't respond appropriately in return. If that's not a summary for the type of attitude those god-awful sources bring here, then I don't know what is.
You know, back in the days, before I leaked LOTF even, people used to ask 100 questions a day and would get 100 free code bits a day.

People like me who were just growing some hair on their balls not even able to speak english properly yet got help and free code. Everyone shared his features. Think back how many releases they had for features for lotf. Admittedly they were all shit code and half didn't propely work but it was something people could copy past in and see results and be a little proud of themself's. It's not even trivial to copy paste code cause there were 100's of LOTF forks that changed various parts. - My point being, without the support and spoon feeding, I would have given up learning two languages at the same time.

Now we all know how to code. Now we all see the financial aspect of it, we know we can charge people who can't code alot for a couple of minutes. Now we're the TQ of the Co2Pserver scene.

Edit: Tried to link to some of the older search results from ~06 but epvp doesn't keep archives that long.