Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 19:51

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

New CO1 Server Development (Lots of client mods/fixes)

Reply
 
Old   #16
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusku View Post
I might make this public as well if others want to help/fill in things.
I'd love to contribute, new development is always fun! Besides, I'd like to have another .NET project to tinker with at home away from work, and what you have going on sounds very juicy



Darkkal is offline  
Old   #17
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 56
Received Thanks: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkal View Post
I'd love to contribute, new development is always fun! Besides, I'd like to have another .NET project to tinker with at home away from work, and what you have going on sounds very juicy
I'm pretty sure he was talking about making the "20 page spec of all core CO1 features" public.


boDil is online now  
Old   #18
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boDil View Post
I'm pretty sure he was talking about making the "20 page spec of all core CO1 features" public.
that will also be nice, we will see.
Darkkal is offline  
Old   #19
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 27
Received Thanks: 22
yeah... sorry I meant just the document, not the code.

Here is the google doc with the spec... hopefully nobody will be a **** about it and mass-change it or something (luckily, there's versioning). Theres still a lot of missing detailed info, but it's mostly an overall view of the features, and some of the things to take into consideration when implementing them.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...9OihgBaPI/edit

Also... got around to making a launcher as well
https://i.imgur.com/ZS4kaOF.jpg

As you can see, I've gone with the name "ConquerGods" for the server.
One step closer to public alpha/beta!


Nusku is offline  
Old   #20
 
elite*gold: 13
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 112
Received Thanks: 7
this looks promising, i would be interested to join as player
AgeConan_ is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #21
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 27
Received Thanks: 22
Also... I got dynamic screen resolutions fully working now! It's no longer limited to hard-coded resolutions (as long as it's above 1024x768).. This theoretically means you can run it at full 4k resolution with dpi at 100% ( why on earth would a anyone do that??? )

Here are several of the main screens running at an 'ultra wide' resolution: https://imgur.com/a/QlGG7

A lot of the elements mostly involved properly re-aligning them to the center, or stretching them (TQ used a LOT used a lot of magic numbers when positioning them which made it hard initially)
Nusku is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #22

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,536
Received Thanks: 3,170
Not sure about that server name... but the rest seems good and well planned.
Spirited is offline  
Old   #23
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusku View Post
Here is the google doc with the spec... hopefully nobody will be a **** about it and mass-change it or something (luckily, there's versioning).
You can set it to read only for the public and then authorize specific users to edit it. I'd highly recommend doing that before someone comes in and trolls you, even if there is versioning.
Darkkal is offline  
Old   #24
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Received Thanks: 17
So how is this project doing? (Still active? ) can't wait to play on this server
snipetime is online now  
Old   #25
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 668
Received Thanks: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Great work, I refuse to believe that you are new to epvp, who are you?
As long as he doesn't start selling jewels as his main form of donations we'll be grand
scottdavey is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #26
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 27
Received Thanks: 22
Sorry for lack of contact... busy with a few things IRL, but back at it again!
I had to re-write majority of the attack system which also took some time. Decided to actually just reverse the CO server binary and pretty much look at it 'line by line' because there were some inconsistencies in attack damage, exp calculations, etc... Soo, that took a while :|

Anyhow, that's done now, which means the attack system is finally complete and up to TQ specs. All spells (damage, exp, range, target collection, etc) are done exactly as 1.0 used to be (pre-bp).

Aside from this, I've also done a LOT of fixes yet again during play testing and I've added a ton of stats tracking via redis (player deaths, kills, damage done, received,pvp k/d ratio, fb hits/misses, etc). All this info will be publicly available on our site

So, what does this all mean...?

The server is pretty much ready for alpha/beta testing! I'm currently working on a simple .net core site with user registration. The client/launcher is ready to go, and the dev server is already up and running.
I expect in 2-3 days I'll open it for public testing.


edit: I'll also try and get a quick video to show the progress within a day or two.
Nusku is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #27
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Received Thanks: 0
Posting for registration link, great job man.
nandoobie is offline  
Old   #28
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 668
Received Thanks: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusku View Post
Sorry for lack of contact... busy with a few things IRL, but back at it again!
I had to re-write majority of the attack system which also took some time. Decided to actually just reverse the CO server binary and pretty much look at it 'line by line' because there were some inconsistencies in attack damage, exp calculations, etc... Soo, that took a while :|

Anyhow, that's done now, which means the attack system is finally complete and up to TQ specs. All spells (damage, exp, range, target collection, etc) are done exactly as 1.0 used to be (pre-bp).

Aside from this, I've also done a LOT of fixes yet again during play testing and I've added a ton of stats tracking via redis (player deaths, kills, damage done, received,pvp k/d ratio, fb hits/misses, etc). All this info will be publicly available on our site

So, what does this all mean...?

The server is pretty much ready for alpha/beta testing! I'm currently working on a simple .net core site with user registration. The client/launcher is ready to go, and the dev server is already up and running.
I expect in 2-3 days I'll open it for public testing.


edit: I'll also try and get a quick video to show the progress within a day or two.
Exciting stuff, I have high hopes
scottdavey is offline  
Old   #29
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Received Thanks: 0
what's up any new about beta testers day?
ahmedali10 is offline  
Old   #30
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 27
Received Thanks: 22
Here is a powerlevel testing video (which I actually noticed 2 bugs in!):


Here's another quick video - nothing too interesting really, you can just get a feel of how the client/server run together



In this video, it's running via a remote database (so things such as item drops are slightly delayed due to latency - however this is not visible at all when running with the db locally). Also the mouse is goofy... I guess the recording software didn't record it correctly

Here is a screenshot of some of the statistics we record:
https://i.imgur.com/KjKa43j.png
https://i.imgur.com/e30bPk0.png
https://i.imgur.com/7U3aq0h.png


Nusku is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Reply

Tags
classic conquer, co1, conquer online



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Fixes for GhostLoL - Fixes (UPDATING)
Hello, this thread is about GhostLoL issues and how to fix them. Known issues: 1. PROBLEM - No internet connection when trying to reach lol...
2 Replies - League of Legends Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
WTS EUWest S1 Gold, S2 Platinum, lots of champs, lots of runes, lots of awesome! :)
SOLD
16 Replies - League of Legends Trading
WTS: Us region, lots of wins, lots of champs, lots of skins + rares. Check it out!!
Hi guys wanna sell this account asap so buy it! Ranked: 338wins 296losses Normal: 900wins 100764 Monster/MinionKills 135RP and 1682IP on the...
3 Replies - League of Legends Trading
WTS: Us region, lots of wins, lots of champs, lots of skins + rares. Check it out!!
Hi guys wanna sell this account asap so buy it! Ranked: 338wins 296losses Normal: 900wins 100764 Monster/MinionKills 135RP and 1682IP on the...
13 Replies - League of Legends Trading



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.