Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Weapon skins

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Weapon skins

Hello guys!

Recently I was looking into the weapon skins idea because a friend of mine wants it, The problem is with the owner of the skin cant see his own skin I managed to make other players see the skin but the problem comes with the owner, any ideas on how to solve this?

Old   #2

What ever edits you made on your client, the others need those same changes.(give them the files).

Old   #3

Am not talking about the client.
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
Am not talking about the client.
When you said "weapon skin", my mind also went to reskinning weapons. What are you talking about then? Do you mean artifacts? Do you mean weapon accessories? Some custom system that only you know the details of? What is "the weapon skins idea"?

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
When you said "weapon skin", my mind also went to reskinning weapons. What are you talking about then? Do you mean artifacts? Do you mean weapon accessories? Some custom system that only you know the details of? What is "the weapon skins idea"?
For example : I want to replace Lv110 blade look with a Lv130 look, it's easy to make other players to see it since it's only a spawnpacket value but you (yourself) cant see it on yourself or if i edit it in the packet 1008 it's using the lvl 130 blade not 110 (I mean i want the player the owner himself to see it).
Old   #6

Quote:
For example : I want to replace Lv110 blade look with a Lv130 look, it's easy to make other players to see it since it's only a spawnpacket value but you (yourself) cant see it on yourself or if i edit it in the packet 1008 it's using the lvl 130 blade not 110 (I mean i want the player the owner himself to see it).
If you want to replace it out right, just replace the texture in the client.
Edit: Otherwise, you're going to have to implement and make your own artifacts.
Old   #7

Quote:
If you want to replace it out right, just replace the texture in the client.
Edit: Otherwise, you're going to have to implement and make your own artifacts.
You don't get my point, this is just an example I want to do it dynamically (through the code). I'll take care of new artifacts from newer clients later but the problem is as I stated above.
Old   #8

Quote:
You don't get my point, this is just an example I want to do it dynamically (through the code). I'll take care of new artifacts from newer clients later but the problem is as I stated above.
Not possible then. Items are programmed into the client to have a certain mesh. You cannot program around it on the server side - the client doesn't support it. You would have to implement it using artifacts. Does your patch support artifacts? Because unless you make a hook for the client that provides this functionality, it isn't possible without artifacts. Your choices are artifacts or just straight up replacing textures.
Old   #9

I think he meant it:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

I also have questions about what was done and how it was..

(GIF from Shannara Conquer Classic Server).
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCOder View Post
I think he meant it:

I also have questions about what was done and how it was..

(GIF from Shannara Conquer Classic Server).
Completely custom, and I see the motive now...
Old   #11

Quote:
Completely custom, and I see the motive now...
Is this skin weapon transformation done by editing on the client or will it be done by the source?
Old   #12

Quote:
Not possible then. Items are programmed into the client to have a certain mesh. You cannot program around it on the server side - the client doesn't support it. You would have to implement it using artifacts. Does your patch support artifacts? Because unless you make a hook for the client that provides this functionality, it isn't possible without artifacts. Your choices are artifacts or just straight up replacing textures.
5165 i have no clue if the souls exist over there.