Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

5165 conquer Protection

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
5165 conquer Protection

Hello everyone. I'm Dave Blizzard Conquer owner.
I encountered a big problem on my server right now, OldCODB users always deleting every 2 - 3 days. Every time I logon on my VDS its all wipe and empty. I keep rollback on my server, the last save I made!

I don't have idea if it is program failure or been attack. My friends told me it was an attack called backdoor file, They are also CO owners but they don't have idea how to prevent it. I guess I need a new conquer.exe just for my server or any program protection running on my VDS ?

Anyone here can help me fixed my problem, I will pay you in return.

Just comment on this post or find me on facebook GM evad or Blizzard Conquer Page!

I badly need help!

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 3,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardconquer View Post
Hello everyone. I'm Dave Blizzard Conquer owner.
I encountered a big problem on my server right now, OldCODB users always deleting every 2 - 3 days. Every time I logon on my VDS its all wipe and empty. I keep rollback on my server, the last save I made!

I don't have idea if it is program failure or been attack. My friends told me it was an attack called backdoor file, They are also CO owners but they don't have idea how to prevent it. I guess I need a new conquer.exe just for my server or any program protection running on my VDS ?

Anyone here can help me fixed my problem, I will pay you in return.

Just comment on this post or find me on facebook GM evad or Blizzard Conquer Page!

I badly need help!
This generally interests me, since I've seen things like this a few times now. I'd be interested to walk your source code and see what exploits I can find. Let's set up a team viewing session, or just send me a copy and I'll look it over after work. I'll disclose all exploits I find to you and suggest fixes, as long as it remains between us.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
This generally interests me, since I've seen things like this a few times now. I'd be interested to walk your source code and see what exploits I can find. Let's set up a team viewing session, or just send me a copy and I'll look it over after work. I'll disclose all exploits I find to you and suggest fixes, as long as it remains between us.
This is my facebook link:

Kindly add me
Old   #4
Im Ruhestand

elite*gold: 20
The Black Market: 402/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,881
Arrow CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions -> CO2 PServer - Dis…

#moved

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

This was caused by malicious code...
Don't buy sources from outside of our community.
Old   #6

Quote:
This was caused by malicious code...
Don't buy sources from outside of our community.
Can you share the malicious code? Who's actually capable and willing to do it that's still around in CO?

I'm interested by all this
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Can you share the malicious code? Who's actually capable and willing to do it that's still around in CO?

I'm interested by all this
That's also what interested me with all of this. It seems like it's the source that one guy was trying to scam people with here a while ago, claiming it was the source for Shannara. I'm not sure though. I'll share the details with you privately after I fix this for them. It's an amusing sum of code.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Quote:
That's also what interested me with all of this. It seems like it's the source that one guy was trying to scam people with here a while ago, claiming it was the source for Shannara. I'm not sure though. I'll share the details with you privately after I fix this for them. It's an amusing sum of code.
any news on were that code are located? i buyed the same source and i have the same problem unbeliveble what ppl do for a few USD this days
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolco View Post
any news on were that code are located? i buyed the same source and i have the same problem unbeliveble what ppl do for a few USD this days
That's why I rather try to make my own buggy source instead of buying this from others... at least I know what I coded and how I'll be able to fix it. Game servers should be managed for people who can do it, not people who wants to have it.
Old   #10

Quote:
PM me.
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintinho12 View Post
That's why I rather try to make my own buggy source instead of buying this from others... at least I know what I coded and how I'll be able to fix it. Game servers should be managed for people who can do it, not people who wants to have it.
your right but all of us have to start from somewere and yes i buy it so i can learn and test but having the accs deleated evry few days sucks for somthing we have payed also just hasking for a small help since Spirited was fixing it for him im not hasking him to do it for me just were is located might help

but ye i get your point we shold learn from scratch but i bet 90% all of the pros here didnt start form "hello world" most of ppl here started from the love on conquer and to see how the things runing so i bet almost evry one started from editing public sources creting minor stuff untill have the knolege to make evrything from scrash correct me if im rong

PS: im sory for my broken inglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
PM me.
done
Old   #12

The end story is that you were scammed. It's not about learning code, it's about learning not to buy source code from random and sketchy communities. The source you purchased isn't good - it was a public source with malicious code edits that you were scammed into purchasing. That's the larger problem - we don't even allow those sources to be posted here. Be more cautious with your money.

In terms of fixing it... I was more interested in the problem than the fix. I do feel bad for people who get scammed by these other communities... If you'd like, you can pay me $40 (the price of a video game I'd like to buy) and I'll fix it. You've been added to my contact list if you want to PM me over EPVP.

Edit: Also, details on the exploit here: https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/co...haracters.html
Old   #13

Quote:
your right but all of us have to start from somewere and yes i buy it so i can learn and test but having the accs deleated evry few days sucks for somthing we have payed also just hasking for a small help since Spirited was fixing it for him im not hasking him to do it for me just were is located might help

but ye i get your point we shold learn from scratch but i bet 90% all of the pros here didnt start form "hello world" most of ppl here started from the love on conquer and to see how the things runing so i bet almost evry one started from editing public sources creting minor stuff untill have the knolege to make evrything from scrash correct me if im rong
Well, my account is from 2009 and I've never posted anything until couple years ago. I started with a source which didn't have anything coded, the only thing it has was the login and character creation working. I remember how I feel good on that times playing on an 1.0 client again. Never bothered reading the code tho. So I started with TQ binaries, learned a lot from them, server structures and how to simply create things for 5065/5072 game server versions. Learned how to work with the client and started to figure out how Conquer used to calculate such things like damage and shit. At that time I've been shitting about "C# sources sucks and blah blah blah". 2012 I figured out that TQ Bins sucks and started trying something new. Got 5187 Exodus Binaries source and saw it's structure, tried to rewrite it and then written an garbage source which was my first real contact with CQ programming. Wrote packet structures for Guilds and Clans, friends, interactions, items, etc. Such things that for 5187 are easy to find (if you know the basic of CQ packet structures). You know, get something low, set a goal, reach it and then set a new one. You just lost your money (which actually isn't a thing to worry, money is superficial and can be achieved by work, which is something the guy that scammed you doesn't like to do).
You want to start a server and don't know how a server works, and it's just a waste of a lot of things.
Old   #14

i have to agree with you in most of your statment and no im not one of that guys that request evryting done or request guides for evrything
at most you see me hasking you guys to point me for the right direction i have a brain too after Spirited post on epvp how the exploit work was kinda easy to find out were the malicious code was located as the triguers for it...

i belive is nothing bad to some one asking to a more knolege coder for a small guide line or a few advices i belive is how a community works...
if the programmers took the knowledge when he died you had nothing to learn nor any reference to learn from like "5187 Exodus Binaries" if that dosnt exist or any other were you learn structures pakets etc??

SO ye i still belive in the comunity concept i still belive in sharing is carry..
but also belive that nothing shold give away to others fully working widout have to tink how to make it to work

offers 1 fish to 1 hungry men and he eats 1 day teach him how to fish and....haaa you got the idea lool
Old   #15

Quote:
i have to agree with you in most of your statment and no im not one of that guys that request evryting done or request guides for evrything
at most you see me hasking you guys to point me for the right direction i have a brain too after Spirited post on epvp how the exploit work was kinda easy to find out were the malicious code was located as the triguers for it...

i belive is nothing bad to some one asking to a more knolege coder for a small guide line or a few advices i belive is how a community works...
if the programmers took the knowledge when he died you had nothing to learn nor any reference to learn from like "5187 Exodus Binaries" if that dosnt exist or any other were you learn structures pakets etc??

SO ye i still belive in the comunity concept i still belive in sharing is carry..
but also belive that nothing shold give away to others fully working widout have to tink how to make it to work

offers 1 fish to 1 hungry men and he eats 1 day teach him how to fish and....haaa you got the idea lool
I'm working on a very quick base source that I hope people will pick up on. So no, the concept of sharing knowledge isn't dead. I talked it out with a few people from the community, and we want to help out. We'll do our best to provide something in the near future. In the meantime, if you'd like to learn packets, try using my tutorial (and please do give me feedback if anything's unclear).