Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer Online 3D - (MMORPG inspired by Conquer Online)

Discussion on Conquer Online 3D - (MMORPG inspired by Conquer Online) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Would you play? (Players question, not for developers)
Yes, if everything works perfect, looks good and the game is cool. 9 64.29%
No i love conquer online 2(.5)D for life! 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 50
Conquer Online 3D - (MMORPG inspired by Conquer Online)

Hi there!
A 3D MMORPG inspired by Conquer Online is in development as we speak, it started a while ago to be a bit more specific (C#, Unity etc..), we are not planning on calling it Conquer 3D nor claim to be a 3d version of conquer online indirect (giving this info to avoid question's we didnt ask ourselves and researched already), if you have question's in general about this you can post them, doesn't mean i'll answer them.

Several investments and months later i'm here and i have a few question's i would like to hear more opinions about from people who are actually in touch with conquer online in some way instead of the people i work with on a daily base.

Do you think we should hint potentional players with the name or first expansion's name that the game is inspired by conquer online?
Once open test stages begin, should we put our focus conquer online communitys?
Are you interested in knowing more about the development and progress itself?
Old 05/12/2017, 04:10   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I recommend re-wording your poll. None of those cases apply to me. I would love a 3D game, but nothing related to or inspired by Conquer Online. Conquer Online is a horrible game.
Old 05/12/2017, 05:53   #3

elite*gold: 67
Voted "No i love conquer online 2(.5)D for life!", because it had a "no" in it, neither option fits me either.

Also considering your other posts / threads, you just want to milk people's bank accounts dry, so your f2p model will probably be just as or worse than conquer's.

GTFO basically

Edit: also likely a scammer

Old 05/12/2017, 06:10   #4

I guess I'll also vote "no" because it has the word "no" in it...
Old 05/12/2017, 14:56   #5

Yes one of the reasons i started investing in the development of a 3d mmorpg is because i could and profits are worth the time & investments, no it won't be pay2win tough, nor aimed towards a f2p model with hidden purchases and we won't charge people to play and enjoy the game to it's full potentional.
The game itself will be completely Free2Play & monetizing is mostly aimed towards cosmetics and such. Basicly what almost every MMORPG does to avoid Pay2Win but to keep on monetizing properly.

I'm not a scammer xio i earn to much every single day legally to start scamming, you arent talking to some kid with only a few k in the bank, people like you are the scammers & pro4never is a great example of that.
Developers without cash nor real jobs looking for big cash and doing everything to archieve that, therefore they don't fly straight anymore overtime, they are stuck at projects they started on years ago and dont want to admit it's a big fail regarding monetizing in the long terms and then they come with an exit scam.

Spirited you are correct, conquer online is horrible.
Completely pay2win, outdated graphics, monetizing updates over the years ruined the game, bullshit quests, no real story lines, a power system based on how much money you spent on the game i can go on & on about what tq did wrong.
The mmorpg is inspired by (not based on) conquer online & we are certain that we are on our way towards a great balance in what to implement in our 3d mmorpg and what not.

I'm a bit disappointed in both of you, didnt answer any of my questions why i opened this thread in the first place, instead you guys put the focus on a poll which wasnt aimed towards you 2, i cleary stated out it's a poll for conquer online players not developers, i can't imagine that you 2 are still active playing conquer online these days?
Old 05/12/2017, 17:35   #6

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
Voted "No i love conquer online 2(.5)D for life!", because it had a "no" in it, neither option fits me either.

Also considering your other posts / threads, you just want to milk people's bank accounts dry, so your f2p model will probably be just as or worse than conquer's.

GTFO basically

Edit: also likely a scammer

This is Tatline
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2017, 19:30   #7

"Do you think we should hint potential players with the name or first expansion's name that the game is inspired by conquer online?"

No. The more separation the better.

"Once open test stages begin, should we put our focus conquer online community?"

No. Create your own community around your game. If that means letting us know, that's fine. Don't put all of your chips on an abandoned section, though.

"Are you interested in knowing more about the development and progress itself?"

Sure. I like game dev.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/19/2017, 00:53   #8

Why do you think you can just easily make an MMORPG like that?
MMORPGS are the hardest games to make and you didn't even show a single screenshot backing yourself up.
Old 05/19/2017, 01:56   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko8koki View Post
Why do you think you can just easily make an MMORPG like that?
MMORPGS are the hardest games to make and you didn't even show a single screenshot backing yourself up.
Making an MMORPG is not difficult if you're interoperable with... let's say... a Conquer Online private server. Outside of that, any developer of this section with experience in game design has the capability of making such a project from scratch. It's a large project, yes. The most difficult game project out there, not really. I have confidence.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/19/2017, 05:22   #10

So Perfect World Online?
Old 05/19/2017, 15:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Making an MMORPG is not difficult if you're interoperable with... let's say... a Conquer Online private server. Outside of that, any developer of this section with experience in game design has the capability of making such a project from scratch. It's a large project, yes. The most difficult game project out there, not really. I have confidence.
Indeed it is, check inbox.
Old 05/19/2017, 21:47   #12

Quote:
You made me chuckle. "Large" doesn't cover it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/20/2017, 22:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
You made me chuckle. "Large" doesn't cover it.
I suppose I'm downplaying the complexity a bit... At work, we deal with HMI on the scale of smart cities and such. My sense of scale is a bit warped. An MMORPG is a very large project. My point being it's still a very obtainable and realistic project goal. I think with a bit of work, it's very possible for this community's​ real developers. I'd love to see more projects like this, and I hope the developer follows up with us at some point down the road.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/21/2017, 00:15   #14

Quote:
I suppose I'm downplaying the complexity a bit... At work, we deal with HMI on the scale of smart cities and such. My sense of scale is a bit warped. An MMORPG is a very large project. My point being it's still a very obtainable and realistic project goal. I think with a bit of work, it's very possible for this community's​ real developers. I'd love to see more projects like this, and I hope the developer follows up with us at some point down the road.
How long do you estimate this project would take? Below/over 6-12months?
Old 05/21/2017, 01:47   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_noooob View Post
How long do you estimate this project would take? Below/over 6-12months?
It depends on your experience. Estimating software development is pretty useless. There are so many factors and uncertainties. I would say that one with some experience in both networking and game development could introduce a project like this within a year. At least have something playable to show for it. If you're asking about a first time developer or game developer, then I'd say set your sights on smaller targets first.