Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About the server donation..

Discussion on About the server donation.. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
About the server donation..

Well, to make it short, I've been working on a high-version source and I think I'm so close from opening a new server.
One of the most important aspects that I'm currently thinking of is "the Donation System". Meh, lately it's been a weird matter I mean it sometimes decides the orientation and ofcourse the fate of the server whether it's pay2win and in this case the server falls down in weeks or it's a balanced donation system and in this case it becomes a great factor for actually pushing the server forward and making it succeed!
So, I just wanted to check your opinion guys in which donation system you consider fair and balanced?
I thought of disabling the donation for the first month in order to give players the chance to build up their own characters without the annoyance of donation, but I don't know if it's such a good idea!
Anyways, waiting to hear your opinion in this subject.
Old 12/10/2016, 03:37   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Normally, you want to do everything in your power to ensure that everyone has more or less a fair chance at fame. Donations are tricky, and there's not one answer for this besides use your common sense. If you believe something will break the server, don't offer it. If you're looking for ideas: garments, double exp, statuses, titles, auto-loot, etc. are all examples I've seen. Chris's server is nice. You get double exp for 4 hours by voting and double exp for a month if you donate.
Old 12/10/2016, 03:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Normally, you want to do everything in your power to ensure that everyone has more or less a fair chance at fame. Donations are tricky, and there's not one answer for this besides use your common sense. If you believe something will break the server, don't offer it. If you're looking for ideas: garments, double exp, statuses, titles, auto-loot, etc. are all examples I've seen. Chris's server is nice. You get double exp for 4 hours by voting and double exp for a month if you donate.
Well, I agree with you that the donation is sure tricky but as you are talking about garments, double exp and accessories.. I don't think that would work on new versions. I mean, Chris's server "as you gave it an example" is a classic server as far as I know .. Which is as we all know that all you gotta do is hunting and building stuff for the PVP "I don't know about Chris's server I'm just talking generally". On the other hand when we come to talk about the high version .. You're not just talking about a simple mission to make a stuff and start pvping, no! We here are talking about months to get stuff and then you gotta do Chi then JiangHu then you get to do Subclasses, Inner Power and then you gotta master the monster that TQ built "Perfection"! You need about 450k cps in order to make a one piece just perfect!
All I'm trying to say is that such simple donation is not suitable for that version, players will need help at building the main account not the accessories. What kind of help should I be providing? This is what I'm trying to figure out
Old 12/10/2016, 05:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis~ View Post
Well, I agree with you that the donation is sure tricky but as you are talking about garments, double exp and accessories.. I don't think that would work on new versions. I mean, Chris's server "as you gave it an example" is a classic server as far as I know .. Which is as we all know that all you gotta do is hunting and building stuff for the PVP "I don't know about Chris's server I'm just talking generally". On the other hand when we come to talk about the high version .. You're not just talking about a simple mission to make a stuff and start pvping, no! We here are talking about months to get stuff and then you gotta do Chi then JiangHu then you get to do Subclasses, Inner Power and then you gotta master the monster that TQ built "Perfection"! You need about 450k cps in order to make a one piece just perfect!
All I'm trying to say is that such simple donation is not suitable for that version, players will need help at building the main account not the accessories. What kind of help should I be providing? This is what I'm trying to figure out
I'll start by saying I don't have an answer to this, but here's why I don't have an answer. The way TQ remains relevant with their players (and keeps them engaged or paying them money) is by introducing systems and equipment that constantly replaces and makes useless other (previous) systems and equipment sets. It's very much a "throw out" strategy - which is the simplest and worst strategy there is for an MMORPG. Making a donation system around that which isn't pay-to-win will be difficult. Any suggestions which will allow you to create a donation system around those features will involve "quick" ways of gaining CPs (which devalues the currency) or introducing new mechanics for leveling into those systems (which isn't welcome to most players).
Old 12/10/2016, 05:17   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Clarification, we do VIP which offers convenience features only, not boosted rates.

Things like remote warehouses, teleporting to town, notification on rare items (we make them glow on the ground so they are easy to spot) and more.

Auto loot is very bad because it encourages the use of afk macroers scattering non stop for crazy amounts of CP.

Selling skills/levels/stats/items is NEVER going to end well.

Focus on cosmetics and convenience. Sure spending money might save you a few hours (or even a few days) but it shouldn't result in you being miles beyond a non donator but rather making the game feel more convenient and fun for you.
Old 12/10/2016, 05:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Clarification, we do VIP which offers convenience features only, not boosted rates.

Things like remote warehouses, teleporting to town, notification on rare items (we make them glow on the ground so they are easy to spot) and more.

Auto loot is very bad because it encourages the use of afk macroers scattering non stop for crazy amounts of CP.

Selling skills/levels/stats/items is NEVER going to end well.

Focus on cosmetics and convenience. Sure spending money might save you a few hours (or even a few days) but it shouldn't result in you being miles beyond a non donator but rather making the game feel more convenient and fun for you.
Thanks for the clarification, Chris. I get mixed up with servers a lot these days.
Old 12/10/2016, 06:51   #7

check ApexConquer server, You can get idea there.
Old 12/10/2016, 07:38   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
check ApexConquer server, You can get idea there.
He already mentioned the difference, since Apex is classic. My mind is drawing a blank for modern servers, besides some ideas that Chris mentioned from his classic server. I'm really not sure how you'd implement donations with modern systems. @: Maybe start with the basics and see where it goes from there?
Old 12/10/2016, 15:21   #9

ah I see, then he can just like selling points in jianghu and chi, +12 full gear, VIP's, and Goldprize. It won't OP your player instead they can get there gear easily by paying.
Old 12/10/2016, 16:17   #10

Quote:
ah I see, then he can just like selling points in jianghu and chi, +12 full gear, VIP's, and Goldprize. It won't OP your player instead they can get there gear easily by paying.
Well, you are telling me to equalize a player that hunted for almost two, three or even four months to get a full account "considering that my server is gonna be kinda hard" with someone donated whatsoever the amount to get a +12 gear/chi/jiang..etc in just a minute? Not fair I guess, or, not the kind of server I wanna build. However, I'd go for VIP selling which I'm gonna create some cool advantages for the VIPs such as increasing the chance to get CPs from the monsters "well, not gonna be a big difference with normal players" but still, an advantage.. And such kind of donation I guess is best.
I'm thankful for the suggestion btw ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/11/2016, 07:37   #11

Then you can just create lot's of garments with special effects, Just like Chris do. Selling VIP, DragonBalls, StarDrill and ToughDrill.
Old 12/13/2016, 05:48   #12

VIP by paying money and VIP by earning in game as in online values, hunting values and etc. Fair play for both aspect of players.
Old 12/13/2016, 13:32   #13

Quote:
Then you can just create lot's of garments with special effects, Just like Chris do. Selling VIP, DragonBalls, StarDrill and ToughDrill.
The idea of selling Garments/Mounts with special attributes is really good too. There are some Garments/Mounts that add Defense, M-Defense, Immunity and CriticalStrike that originally created by TQ like:
Hero'sArmor
Fighter'sArmor
ArmorofHolyLight
FreedomSuit

I think selling such Garments would be pretty cool idea as it doesn't affect the battle system "just slight attributes addition. E.g. 800+ Defences.".
Thanks for the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermale123 View Post
VIP by paying money and VIP by earning in game as in online values, hunting values and etc. Fair play for both aspect of players.
I've already considered that, the ways of getting VIPs will vary between donating, guildwar prize and other options which I'm gonna think of.
Old 12/13/2016, 16:01   #14

I think giving the players the ability to get cps/dbs through donation is fair as long as
it is priced according to the effort needed to acquire them in game so the players
can trade time with money and as long as every thing that affects the game play
can be acquire through hard work then that should be fair play imo.
Old 12/13/2016, 22:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniQ View Post
I think giving the players the ability to get cps/dbs through donation is fair as long as
it is priced according to the effort needed to acquire them in game so the players
can trade time with money and as long as every thing that affects the game play
can be acquire through hard work then that should be fair play imo.
Agreed!
That's why I actually made this thread up.
My aim is to save the players' efforts and appreciate them with fair & balanced donation system.

« vps | client 5017 »