Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 10:50

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 31
Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server.

SO I'm a nobody. I'm EliteMagus - I was the former management and brain behind the paradigm of Raw Conquer.

Raw Conquer survived for about 6-7 months before I had to shut it down over finical reasons and getting too busy at that time with my day occupation.

I'm looking to try this once again; so I wanted to ask the community if any are still interested in the CO 1.0 style that I crave to this day.

So as this isn't an advert I'm going to keep my links and such out (we are already in closed alpha testing with 4330 custom source); however Raw CO and soon Legacy CO will be something like this:

1.0 rates on almost literally everything. 1.0 rates - serious. 1.0 exp - 1.0 drops. I'm talkin' as freaking authentic as possible.
path 4330 has no cp, bp, lotto, garments (will provide a work around).
Low drops = expensive donations to protect the longevity of the server
PVP oriented with events every 30 mins
Multi-server expansion plan

Again this isn't fit to be an advertisement and we are easily a month out.

So I've talked enough with little to no train of thought - My question is a broad one. I'd like to know how the community feels about stepping back in time not in baby steps like brown ui's and old jumps but actually PLAYING conquer official rates like we all enjoyed in the day. I'd like to hear from those of you who DONT give any ***** for playing conquer proper - because I'm not too privy on WHY or HOW you can still be in the scene for 12 years and this ISNT what you want.

Over all I'd like an open discussion about your interest or disinterest in playing a CO private server that almost directly emulates conquer game-play circa 2006-7.



EliteMagus is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 245
Received Thanks: 271
Unlikely to be a success. (As in, maybe 100-200 players if any)
We all have that nostalgic feeling of PK'ing in Ape City, rev killing people, breaking their items because that's just funny, however nobody wants to scatter for 1 month to get that +3 1 sock item.
Risk–return spectrum is too high for that.

Change to much (custom things), won't be the same (there goes that nostalgic feeling)
Change nothing, people complain about not having enough content.

Offering cosmetics to pay for the server costs (and I'm sure you want something to eat as well) will only get you so far, specially with a limited player base.


Thorev is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,272
Received Thanks: 1,311
Welp Thnx bruhhhhhhhhhhhh, <3 Btw, im behind the development of this svr... omgawd oh noes...
Ultimation is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 245
Received Thanks: 271
In that case it will be a great success and what I said above is bullshit because that is directed towards amateurs.

no ****.


Thorev is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,272
Received Thanks: 1,311
**** man, u so kind, here is a cookie <3
Ultimation is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorev View Post
Unlikely to be a success. (As in, maybe 100-200 players if any)
We all have that nostalgic feeling of PK'ing in Ape City, rev killing people, breaking their items because that's just funny, however nobody wants to scatter for 1 month to get that +3 1 sock item.
Risk–return spectrum is too high for that.

Change to much (custom things), won't be the same (there goes that nostalgic feeling)
Change nothing, people complain about not having enough content.

Offering cosmetics to pay for the server costs (and I'm sure you want something to eat as well) will only get you so far, specially with a limited player base.
Thanks for your reply even if it's converse to my desires.

I have experienced first hand with Raw the desire from players to add content. You can only fight them off for so long until you give in or self destruct.

My desire is to provide the most authentic experience possible and while you are dead on with the return-risk value; I'm hoping there are more like myself who over all have come to acknowledge that character progression was an integral part of CO and perhaps one of the most enjoyable. I feel it's a total opinion thing so this server clearly wouldn't be for you.

I'm not gonna claim that others aren't doing classic "right" because it depends on how long you have played CO; but for me when I say I want a classic server what I'm expecting is very close to what we intend to roll out with Legacy.

It won't be the first option like this that has been available and it wouldn't be the last to fail shall it go that route. I do however feel like in the current state of our scene it will be an entire breath of fresh air. If a player only enjoys getting to level 50 and quits - he/she will have still gotten the biggest nostalgia bomb capable; an impression will still be made upon them that yes - we at EPVP are the providers of such excellence there is even a CO pserver that is JUST LIKE CO at 4330.

Additionally tip my hat to the skill of the developer involved - and hold faith that our pairing is one with the necessary desire, interest, and capability to pull off what I understand to be a 'not likely' server.

As you can see - this is getting too long because I have feels about CO - 12 years and counting.
EliteMagus is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 1142
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,464
Received Thanks: 1,159
Ulti, do you have an estimated time frame for this? I'm more than happy to throw some money at this project to invest in dedicated server(s), social media marketing and more. Let me know!
_Emme_ is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 177
Received Thanks: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMagus View Post
Thanks for your reply even if it's converse to my desires.

I have experienced first hand with Raw the desire from players to add content. You can only fight them off for so long until you give in or self destruct.

My desire is to provide the most authentic experience possible and while you are dead on with the return-risk value; I'm hoping there are more like myself who over all have come to acknowledge that character progression was an integral part of CO and perhaps one of the most enjoyable. I feel it's a total opinion thing so this server clearly wouldn't be for you.

I'm not gonna claim that others aren't doing classic "right" because it depends on how long you have played CO; but for me when I say I want a classic server what I'm expecting is very close to what we intend to roll out with Legacy.

It won't be the first option like this that has been available and it wouldn't be the last to fail shall it go that route. I do however feel like in the current state of our scene it will be an entire breath of fresh air. If a player only enjoys getting to level 50 and quits - he/she will have still gotten the biggest nostalgia bomb capable; an impression will still be made upon them that yes - we at EPVP are the providers of such excellence there is even a CO pserver that is JUST LIKE CO at 4330.

Additionally tip my hat to the skill of the developer involved - and hold faith that our pairing is one with the necessary desire, interest, and capability to pull off what I understand to be a 'not likely' server.

As you can see - this is getting too long because I have feels about CO - 12 years and counting.
When I decided to enroll myself on Shannara as a learning project this was the idea I had in mind - providing an experience as close as possible to the first stages of Conquer Online.

Considering the fact I've been playing the game since SERVER1 (later named to English and Dragon if my memory serves me right) on late 2003 or 2004, my concept of "grinding" is somewhat different of the one that most of the "classic" community has nowadays and I'd definitely love to see a project like this being carried out. However, I'm afraid that not many people will actually embrace the idea of actually spending a month to get a socket item like it was said above for the reason I just mentioned. Nevertheless, as you said it yourself, it would definitely an entire breath of fresh air to the classic conquer scene and would for sure satisfy the needs of some players that don't like the medium-high rate servers either - hopefully increasing the "classic" community.

I'd also like to say upfront that in case you're interested in doing cooperative events such as a possible integration of an interserver network (like the one Chris has made on Apex) or even some sort of community engagement either through offline (Social media) events or something else (not thinking about anything in specific), I'd be not just willing but happy to cooperate ! I believe the classic community has to be maintained as it's reduced to only a few people and it should be our duty to do so !

Anyways, I wish best of luck to this project and I hope to see its name in the spotlight !

Regards,
Nyo
Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
When I decided to enroll myself on Shannara as a learning project this was the idea I had in mind - providing an experience as close as possible to the first stages of Conquer Online.

Considering the fact I've been playing the game since SERVER1 (later named to English and Dragon if my memory serves me right) on late 2003 or 2004, my concept of "grinding" is somewhat different of the one that most of the "classic" community has nowadays and I'd definitely love to see a project like this being carried out. However, I'm afraid that not many people will actually embrace the idea of actually spending a month to get a socket item like it was said above for the reason I just mentioned. Nevertheless, as you said it yourself, it would definitely an entire breath of fresh air to the classic conquer scene and would for sure satisfy the needs of some players that don't like the medium-high rate servers either - hopefully increasing the "classic" community.

I'd also like to say upfront that in case you're interested in doing cooperative events such as a possible integration of an interserver network (like the one Chris has made on Apex) or even some sort of community engagement either through offline (Social media) events or something else (not thinking about anything in specific), I'd be not just willing but happy to cooperate ! I believe the classic community has to be maintained as it's reduced to only a few people and it should be our duty to do so !

Anyways, I wish best of luck to this project and I hope to see its name in the spotlight !

Regards,
Nyo
Firstly, thanks for your reply, it in itself was pleasant.

Time has passed and I don't have the type of following but we got up to 100 unique members with Raw but due to the difficulty it quickly dropped down. I'm aware that one of the biggest problems is a likening to a grass is greener effect where people think they want to play some REAL co but then they get here and they are like woah - magus wasn't shitting this is HARD.

However - I've been close to stalked by a small group of really adamant individuals who want another server like Raw because the available options to them aren't classic so it colors their opinions about that server in a negative light that can never be turned off. So with that being said - launch participation is the lesser of my worries but longevity certainly has to be a major concern.

Indeed sparking the community out of this decaying phase is the ideal and ethos of the few of us still remaining. It may very well be initial link Ulti and I made that birthed this endeavor.

I was a TQ forum mod for a few yrs - I still keep in touch with my peeps like Ryee and Engputer - I didn't come from serv1 but I gamed with a group that came from dragon that were heavy donators and then I became part of the IN crowd. CO for me - total fuckin' geek alert - has really grew up alongside me as a person. I'm sure we can all share some form of equal sentiment about our time on CO. If there is a small chance I can re-create that experience for 100 people - isn't it worth it?

It's far too early to be considering interservers at the moment though for sure as part of a possible expansion plan we have internal server war plans. Our fear is all the work P4N would have to do as far as gear goes - our server will rely extremely heavily on input based rewards - someone finding a super 2 soc bow on Legacy would such as a 1soc -5 item for example on most other servers. Notably my intended audience will be so jaded and determined to play REAL co - they wont feel too keen on their gear becoming some 2.0 mess just to play with other people. BUT as always we keep an open mind and are not entirely opposed to the idea.

However about advertisement - I really wish I knew the entirety of the legality behind what we are all doing because I DO have an old net7 dump from when he hacked thousands accounts from his proxy and using google's index search as the WHOLE TQ website was indexed back then; which contains thousands of original CO player emails from IIRC 2008. Though it is definitely one of my opinions that we aren't reaching the full extent of our possible player base with facebook, top100, and epvp alone. Something creative must be done to break through the cap on the pool we tend to experience.

I wrote so much - I'm sorry bud.
EliteMagus is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,545
Received Thanks: 799
I'd suck a **** for it
Super Aids is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
I'd suck a **** for it
When he said A **** I was quite hopeful and sent him a PM. Note to all - he's picky. =P

We're still developing - getting some traction from my old Raw group and some stragglers on sub-par p-servers.
I'm gonna say late December or early January 2017 till this comes to fruition.

Though the amount of excite I have is barely containable - this is gonna be one for the record books.

All hail Ultimation. I'm just a newp.

Legacy Conquer - perhaps the most authentic CO gaming experience possible. (Veterans only - cuz I ain't about to spend all day listening to these "serber too hard i need itens plox".
EliteMagus is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 94
Received Thanks: 53
EU or NA? I know Raw was NA so i'm hoping for the same.
Asphy×ia is offline  
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Received Thanks: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphy×ia View Post
EU or NA? I know Raw was NA so i'm hoping for the same.
NA to start but why not both eh? =P
EU to follow.
EliteMagus is offline  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 308
Received Thanks: 95
I have an open host and will do it for free. We should get in touch, i have many friends in old school conquer aswell.
danieldada is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,468
Received Thanks: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldada View Post
I have an open host and will do it for free. We should get in touch, i have many friends in old school conquer aswell.
Ans what makes you think OP is stupid enough to take a host of some random unknown??


turk55 is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
This should interest everyone runnnig own private server ;)
Hey! I would like to invite everyone who posses own private server to announce itself on new but strongly rising Top server: Top OF Best Games...
1 Replies - Private Server Advertising
This should interest everyone running own private server ;)
Hey! I would like to invite everyone who posses own private server under World Dekaron type to announce itself on new but strongly rising Top...
4 Replies - Dekaron Private Server
This should interest everyone runnnig own private server ;)
Hey! I would like to invite everyone who posses own private server under Metin2 type to announce itself on new but strongly rising Top server: ...
0 Replies - Metin2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
This should interest everyone running own private server ;)
Hey! I would like to invite everyone who posses own private server under Cabal type to announce itself on new but strongly rising Top server: ...
0 Replies - Cabal PServer - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.