Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server.

Discussion on Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/14/2016, 17:23   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMagus View Post
Now you know that won't fly lol.
It could be like a VIP feature or something, without seeing the item qualities on the floor, auto metspam and maybe (just maybe) an autominer 1.0 would be horrible to play nowadays. There was a reason why this was so popular.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/27/2016, 16:34   #32

I'm delighted to inform you guys that Ryee (legit) will be leading our moderator team. So. Yeah. HA!

Such official, much connections - who is next? I'm on the horn with the real Engputer.

If these name drops mean nothin' to you - you didn't play my version of 1.0; that's okay.
Old 11/27/2016, 17:37   #33

Why the **** every single time someone that actually knows how to get **** done and have a great server decides to go 1.0 or old *** **** patches . I hate you -.-
Old 11/27/2016, 18:00   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]-Cape View Post
Why the **** every single time someone that actually knows how to get **** done and have a great server decides to go 1.0 or old *** **** patches . I hate you -.-
If you want that new patch server I'm pretty sure pro and infamousnoone just launched one called Conquer Heroes. Legacy is def going to be 1.0 centric and excessively so. The reason is because regardless if "no one wants to play and grind that hard" it's what everyone really wants - a platform for a community - and the re-birth of that community. Co wasn't just grinding - it was pking, it was role playing - it was thread chatting while at work just fantasizing how much exp you received in ***** slow TG while you were away. It was these things and so much more and if we can re-capture some of that and nurture it - we shall.
Old 11/27/2016, 18:12   #35

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
If you want that new patch server I'm pretty sure pro and infamousnoone just launched one called Conquer Heroes.
Correct - it's 5517 based but with a bunch of tweaks and changes and custom features.

New events starting up Dec 1st to do a Christmas advertising push now that everything's ready to roll.
Old 11/28/2016, 15:30   #36

Why NA though ? :/ from what I've seen many NA players manage to get playable ping on EU servers but not the other way around.
Old 11/28/2016, 16:38   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
Why NA though ? :/ from what I've seen many NA players manage to get playable ping on EU servers but not the other way around.
I'd say at least 85% of servers public currently are hosted EU anyways.
Old 11/28/2016, 19:44   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]-Cape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
I get most requests for NA servers. Though as I stated a forehand there will be an EU server some time after. We intend to do both.
Old 11/28/2016, 20:08   #39

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
I get most requests for NA servers. Though as I stated a forehand there will be an EU server some time after. We intend to do both.
Could also just get a smaller EU VPS and use it as a proxy for EU players. This way you will simply have 1 server that has all the players where both regions have decent ping.
Old 11/28/2016, 20:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Could also just get a smaller EU VPS and use it as a proxy for EU players. This way you will simply have 1 server that has all the players where both regions have decent ping.
Setting up a routing server wont really help much. I had looked into it in the past and it didn't change user ping much at all.

Most decent hosts will already have a premium network connecting their servers to various major server facilities (for example NFO has a Frankfurt germany host). Unless someone has horrible routing issues, their traffic will already go to the German facility and then route directly to the NA facility. Setting it up as a vpn/proxy connection wont change that and only helps in the case of inefficient routing.

In my tests EU players got around 100-150 ping on NA servers. Directly sending data across the internal network between the two servers was pretty similar results.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2016, 21:53   #41

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Setting up a routing server wont really help much. I had looked into it in the past and it didn't change user ping much at all.

Most decent hosts will already have a premium network connecting their servers to various major server facilities (for example NFO has a Frankfurt germany host). Unless someone has horrible routing issues, their traffic will already go to the German facility and then route directly to the NA facility. Setting it up as a vpn/proxy connection wont change that and only helps in the case of inefficient routing.

In my tests EU players got around 100-150 ping on NA servers. Directly sending data across the internal network between the two servers was pretty similar results.
Perhaps they had average internet but the ones with bad internet will probably have better ping if they are connected that way.
Old 11/28/2016, 23:01   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Perhaps they had average internet but the ones with bad internet will probably have better ping if they are connected that way.
If their internet is bad it will still be a problem. Lets use egypt as an example. Their net ALWAYS has issues and has horrible routing/packet loss/latency issues (generally speaking).

Their traffic still has to get out of egypt and make it to germany or france for your proxy to even come into play. Even without the proxy that same situation is still true... it has to get from their computer, to their ISP then to major suppliers, then out of the country. That's where the issues generally come from, not once it's reached some major backhaul.

To be clear I'm not saying a proxy couldn't be useful in any situation but the situations where it would be most beneficial are also generally the ones where it has the least relevance. There's a reason services like wtfast have dozens/hundreds of input nodes spread across the world, it's so that it can enter their network with as few hops as possible to provide some level of reliability to the connection. Unless you're going to run half a dozen proxy servers in all these countries with shitty internet (where hosting is generally very expensive and low reliability) then its going to have a negligible effect.

<edit>

Only mentioning this because its a huge pet peeve of mine... many countries with bad internet specifically have companies keep it that way. Most of the major ISPs in the Philippines route all their connections through west coast USA. To connect from the Philippines to Singapore for example results in users with 1000+++ ping because their connection goes from....

philippines>usa>singapore>usa>philippines

I don't have other examples handy but that one I experienced first hand when I looked into doing a south east asia server for Australian and Philippines players.

In situations like that if you could get a reliable server hosted in the philippines that could connect directly to major asian networks as well as major american networks, it would be a HUGE boost in reliability of their connection to you. The same would be true if you could do the same in egypt but I've never seen a hosting company worth using in either of those countries and its not as though spending hundreds a month on a specialized proxy network would be profitable for the game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2016, 23:12   #43

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
It's usually the ISPs in a country that are at fault, not the distance / hops between locations. Networks optimize more or less for an averaged least amount of hops. Like, I can route a packet once around the world and back in around 130 ms, and I'm on my ISP's very base "baby's first internet" package. I do see significance in hosting EU vs. NA in terms of giving players equal advantage; but I don't see much need for a proxy.
Old 11/29/2016, 03:42   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
It's usually the ISPs in a country that are at fault, not the distance / hops between locations. Networks optimize more or less for an averaged least amount of hops. Like, I can route a packet once around the world and back in around 130 ms, and I'm on my ISP's very base "baby's first internet" package. I do see significance in hosting EU vs. NA in terms of giving players equal advantage; but I don't see much need for a proxy.
It usually damages the over all populace of the server having both EU and NA but we are going to try. In our defense we are going for authentic as **** - at least I was talked out of hosting it in California. I'm just that interested in the particulars. I really can't speak as to how NA will run for players over seas - that is indeed all up to the packet routing they incur.
The release of our EU server can happen pretty quickly - realistically after a month or so of solid playtest and tweaks on the NA server will yield the readiness to host EU. It's not about the costs related at all more so the necessity to release the product past our own testing team and into the hands of the players/exploiters.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/29/2016, 05:02   #45

I just personally don't think hosting two separate servers is such a good idea for such a limited population, I know it's silly that I want it to be EU hosted and then complain about having two servers but it's just that the crowd you're targeting will be split between these two servers and no matter how good your server is or how many features it offers it's the population that makes the server what it is, either competitive and enjoyable or boring and empty.
Thanks
1 User