Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

removing portals 5065

Discussion on removing portals 5065 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
removing portals 5065

How to remove portals in 5065?
Deleting them from the database doesn't work.
Old 03/27/2016, 21:31   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstryfe View Post
How to remove portals in 5065?
Deleting them from the database doesn't work.
write a dmap editor and use it to delete the portal

<off topic>

Here's what the front page of the section currently looks like

Do you see an issue? You are making a new topic on every possible issue or question you could ever have (often duplicate threads).

This section exists for developers to collaborate, to release their work, to write guides to help others... that doesn't mean we are a place to dump every thought or question you ever have. We expect our developers to do their own research and to reference the work that has already been released by others.

This thread in particular isn't actually a bad one, I'm simply posting this rant on it as I had already posted a reply and didn't want to spam the forum.

Short version:
If you have a issue or question with a source, don't make a new thread for it, reply to the original release thread for the source you're having the problem with. If no one answers your question/replies to that thread it's because they don't intend to help you, re-posting it elsewhere will not change that.

If your question boils down to "I don't know what I'm doing, fix this problem for me" then it breaks EPVP rules and should not be posted at all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/27/2016, 22:29   #3

Quote:
This section exists for developers to collaborate, to release their work, to write guides to help others...
Clearly says Discussions/Questions on my end.
should be the guide and release section.

Quote:
If you have a issue or question with a source, don't make a new thread for it, reply to the original release thread for the source you're having the problem with
Duly Noted.

Quote:
If your question boils down to "I don't know what I'm doing, fix this problem for me" then it breaks EPVP rules and should not be posted at all.
Never said "fix it". Simply asked for help, and perhaps an example or a lead that could help me. Saying "write it yourself" doesn't help me or anyone else at all.

If you are making a living by coding, good, good for you, but don't take it to this forum and expect people to pay u for code. Because basicly thats what it's all about isn't it. Free code a.k.a bad businuss for you and other coders on this forum trying to make money out of it. Lets face it right here right now.

Look at what this forum has become. Only you 2 are answering every new thread.
Looking back some years ago, people actually helped eachother on this forum, and actually, yes, in this forum "discussions/questions".

I can predict the future aswell.
*Spirited will like your post and place a rant too*
Old 03/27/2016, 22:53   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Never said "fix it". Simply asked for help, and perhaps an example or a lead that could help me. Saying "write it yourself" doesn't help me or anyone else at all.
There is only one public map tool written by ultimation but I think he removed it. The one he released is flagged as a trial and will expire and crashes all the time... so yes, my advice is to look at how map files are handled in public sources and work on developing a tool to edit maps if that is what you want to do.

There is no public tool that will let you do it so my advice to "research the file structure and write a tool to let you edit it" is completely accurate

Quote:
If you are making a living by coding, good, good for you, but don't take it to this forum and expect people to pay u for code. Because basicly thats what it's all about isn't it. Free code a.k.a bad businuss for you and other coders on this forum trying to make money out of it. Lets face it right here right now.[/I]
I am not offering to help for money. I haven't done freelance work in close to a year as it's not something that interests me or that I have time for.

My point is you keep posting new threads every day or two asking questions that either are easier to find answers to by searching publicly or have no answer that doesn't involve us simply writing the fix for you.

We're happy to answer actual questions that you've done your homework on but what you're doing (again, this is not in reference to this thread but to most of them) boils down to "I dont understand what I'm doing, fix my issue for me".

Take the time to do your own research and you'll find that when you post a question we'll actually be able to help you.

Example time!

Lets say you had dug into the map files somewhat, had looked at one of the dozen or so references for dmap structure already released on the forum and said something along the lines of

"I've been researching the dmap files in an attempt to add/remove portals. I'm getting stuck though when I try to write back to the file. Here's my current code." then we would be very happy to help with that because there's actually an answer we can give (that doesn't involve writing the full tool for you)
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2016, 01:24   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Yeah, I'll like his post because he's ****** correct. We're not your *****. We're here to be a community. You screaming "I need you to do **** for me" once a day isn't community-centric. We're not here to teach you how to program and do everything under the sun. We're here to answer questions for those who actually do work with the community. Chris answered your question. He also provided you with advise on where to post your spam. Get over it.
Old 03/28/2016, 03:17   #6

Received Thanks: 1,146
Stop spamming your own thread...

#Closed
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread