Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Adding +21 gear (not fully working)

Discussion on Adding +21 gear (not fully working) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 03/12/2016, 01:10   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
This is some really simple ****. Add to client file, add to server database. That is all folks. If you're struggling this hard to do this, trying to modify the source and creating errors... hell, trying to even add +21 in the first place, then maybe you shouldn't be running a private server? We don't need more ****** servers like the one your friend is also trying to make. I'll say to you what I said to him: Nobody wants this ****. People want to see progress and an actual game out of Conquer Online - and adding things from 2009 private servers isn't going to do that. Having absolutely zero knowledge on database management and programming is a huge red flag as well. It all just points to a shitfest, so give up. Go learn how to program in a general case.
I doubt he's actually considering to take this public nor expecting people to pay for that kind of server. It's probably for him and his friends. Not everyone who comes to this forum has expectations of a server like Chris, or you, does. How many people you actually think knew how to code when lotf was around? Not as many as we'd probably think. But that's what caught my interest in programming, actually. No need to be a hardass to all these guys. Yeah I realize you need programming knowledge to do this - but everyone was in their shoes at one point. Get the point across, no need to be a **** to everyone.
Old 03/12/2016, 02:05   #17

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphy×ia View Post
I doubt he's actually considering to take this public nor expecting people to pay for that kind of server. It's probably for him and his friends. Not everyone who comes to this forum has expectations of a server like Chris, or you, does. How many people you actually think knew how to code when lotf was around? Not as many as we'd probably think. But that's what caught my interest in programming, actually. No need to be a hardass to all these guys. Yeah I realize you need programming knowledge to do this - but everyone was in their shoes at one point. Get the point across, no need to be a **** to everyone.
Programming knowledge is a requirement, not an option. If people want to play a private server, they should support a server that's already out there. Once you start modifying a source and then complaining when you don't know how to code and maintain the source, you're up **** creek without a paddle, and I'm not about to dive into some waste deep **** to fish someone out of a mess they created.