Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why doesn't...?

Discussion on Why doesn't...? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why doesn't...?

Why doesn't anyone convert the new 5165 into MYSQL? It seems to me more people know mysql than ini. I'm not saying either is faster nor slower so if your going to post about that then you can just stop right now. Is anyone planning to? Has anyone done it?
Old 12/15/2009, 02:06   #2

ini is easier and alot faster
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/15/2009, 02:11   #3

me + arco were talking about it.. and might attempt it, ill let you know soon
Old 12/15/2009, 02:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormo View Post
ini is easier and alot faster

Are you that stupid? Did you even READ my post?

First of all it may not be easier to everyone and second of all if its not correct it could also be slower than mysql.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot0type View Post
me + arco were talking about it.. and might attempt it, ill let you know soon

I know someone else who might try it to...I'll give you his name if he wants to..maybe you three/four could do that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/15/2009, 03:02   #5

Quote:
#Removed
Seriusly you had no, reason to post that, Ur been immature
Old 12/15/2009, 03:12   #6

Quote:
#Removed
If you read my post I wouldn't have to. I like how you tell me I'm stupid . Unlike you I read the post, So therefore it seems to me that your the stupid one. I hope I can't thats called inbred. Do you do that? Bedtime? Last time i've seen a bedtime was in what? first grade? Failure for you?
Old 12/15/2009, 03:29   #7

[quote=Dormo;3651828]#Removed[quote]

#Reported
Pleas do not flame members
Old 12/15/2009, 04:29   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
Why doesn't anyone convert the new 5165 into MYSQL? It seems to me more people know mysql than ini. I'm not saying either is faster nor slower so if your going to post about that then you can just stop right now. Is anyone planning to? Has anyone done it?
Haven't you noticed, this community doesn't like to share yet?

ANYONE who uses the 5165 source probably can't code or can't do it well, because the decent/good people left here won't dare look at it.
Old 12/15/2009, 04:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
Haven't you noticed, this community doesn't like to share yet?

ANYONE who uses the 5165 source probably can't code or can't do it well, because the decent/good people left here won't dare look at it.
have to disagree just a bit
Old 12/15/2009, 06:34   #10

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
#Infractioned.
Old 12/15/2009, 09:15   #11

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
If you read my post I wouldn't have to. I like how you tell me I'm stupid . Unlike you I read the post, So therefore it seems to me that your the stupid one. I hope I can't thats called inbred. Do you do that? Bedtime? Last time i've seen a bedtime was in what? first grade? Failure for you?
Why are so unbelievably rude to everyone who speaks to you?

I dont really understand why you ask these questions either, there isnt a 5165 SQL "edition" because no one wants one, probably because the .ini "edition" works just fine, also, the majority of the forum now doesnt know how to perform the neccassery changes in order to switch from one to the other.

Im sure that if a SQL "edition" was wanted by someone it would have been done. Woulda thought that was common sense personally.

If done correctly .ini can be faster than SQL (and lets face it, if it isnt done correctly then your server isnt going to work), so in alot of cases its faster, however you can also make changes to SQL so that the performance and speed is increased, so really its swings and round abouts.

I beleive .ini only supports one server aswell, so i suppose SQL has an advantage there.
Old 12/15/2009, 11:26   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseby View Post
#Infractioned.
...Your a moderator and who are you infracting ? infractions are private therefore you have to keep them private. I'm pretty sure multiple people got banned for showing their infractions.
Old 12/15/2009, 12:40   #13

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Quote:
...Your a moderator and who are you infracting ? infractions are private therefore you have to keep them private. I'm pretty sure multiple people got banned for showing their infractions.
Actully, i make posts like that to show im around and doing my work as a moderator, if u got any thing to say to me PM me.
Old 12/15/2009, 17:31   #14

Figured,

Someone would try to speak to the community about this, therefore the source just lacks everything. No offence, if you're using it, you probably fail yourself too.
Lets point some things out.
If you're using somebody's else source, you obvious can't or never tried to create a base yourself.
If you download and use a source, which you can't understand, then don't even bother to continue with your server or what so ever.
Fine, i'll test which is faster with a screenshot to proof it.

Till then,
Cyaa.
Old 12/15/2009, 19:47   #15

When will this community just grow up? That being said, I'm a SQL user. Simply because its easier. .ini databases have their advantages as Korvacs has pointed out, but my favorite advantage would be .ini database wouldn't require a **** load of applications such as MqSql ect.

The major disadvantage is the security, anyone who knows what their doing could access it and make changes or just wipe the entire db.