Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Demon in Development

Discussion on Demon in Development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 02/02/2016, 17:27   #46

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
I'd like to point out that he isnt asking for help. He's doing this hoping that it helps someoone. You're basically saying that people who cant speak english properly shouldnt contribute anything.
That is exactly correct. If you can't even speak your own language well enough to have it translated to English, you're pretty screwed. Also, this project is anything but a contribution. As stated before, this project is a complete waste of time.
Old 02/02/2016, 17:49   #47

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
That is exactly correct. If you can't even speak your own language well enough to have it translated to English, you're pretty screwed. Also, this project is anything but a contribution. As stated before, this project is a complete waste of time.
As jacob pointed out, this is a german/english forum. Would you like it better if he used google translate to post his thread in german? Also, I sorta agree with it being a waste of time, I don't really see much use in having the demon client compile/work on conquer. The difference between us is simply that just because I don't see how its useful I don't generalize it and say its a complete waste of time.

If it's helping him learn its not a waste of time, if someone in the future looks at his work and downloads it to play around it isnt either.

I'm not everyone neither are you.

Edit: hang on a minute... why do I even try talking to you? Accept my surrender. Bye.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/03/2016, 03:58   #48

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
As jacob pointed out, this is a german/english forum. Would you like it better if he used google translate to post his thread in german? Also, I sorta agree with it being a waste of time, I don't really see much use in having the demon client compile/work on conquer. The difference between us is simply that just because I don't see how its useful I don't generalize it and say its a complete waste of time.

If it's helping him learn its not a waste of time, if someone in the future looks at his work and downloads it to play around it isnt either.

I'm not everyone neither are you.

Edit: hang on a minute... why do I even try talking to you? Accept my surrender. Bye.
You and your posse of misinformation...
Well, your points can easily be refuted, so here we go again.
  1. From what I've heard from competent Egyptians, these people can't even speak their own language. Translate it into English or German, or have them speak in their own language, they're still going to sound inept. I'm not sure why this is a point of issue for you since the forum requires either, but he's screwed either way. There's really no argument here.
  2. Yes, it is a waste of time. It's not even a valuable learning experience though. It's the same issues with TQ binaries. You learn how to program for this one project and extend their horrible system implementations (their graphics engine from decades ago and their shit server implementation), and then what? A better project would be working with an open graphics library that is worth learning and reusing. Again, no argument here.
  3. When did I say I was everyone? I actually never said I represented everyone or anyone other than myself. I get you have some weird kink in believing I'm some bad guy, but fuck off with the false claims, yeah? Restrain yourself or better just get over whatever's pissing you off. You're just creating unnecessary stress for yourself and others.