Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

item lock

Discussion on item lock within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
item lock

anyoen know where item lock it located? i wanna remove it fully from my source. i have tried searching itemlock, lockitem and lock and removed all that looked to be itemlock. Thanks to all help
Old 12/09/2009, 03:12   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden17 View Post
anyoen know where item lock it located? i wanna remove it fully from my source. i have tried searching itemlock, lockitem and lock and removed all that looked to be itemlock. Thanks to all help
You can allways delete the files from client lol
Old 12/09/2009, 03:13   #3

What ^ said.
Old 12/09/2009, 03:17   #4

where would the files in the client be?
Old 12/09/2009, 03:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden17 View Post
where would the files in the client be?
Im not actualy sure lol but probaly some where in the data folder
Old 12/09/2009, 03:37   #6

i have checked data and data2 either contain it, can i jus remove it from the source? Also could you tell me where or around where it would be?
Old 12/09/2009, 10:44   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Even if the source does not contain any code for item lock (would help if you actually stated what source you are using... but w/e) the client will still have it and bring up the warning msg's.

Eg: Base version of CoEmu doesn't have any item lock coded but seeing as it is in the client, you still have the button to lock it and the item protection for trading/droping valuables. That is all done client side.

As said to remove some of the functionality if it is not coded/already removed from the source then you will need to edit the client.
Old 12/09/2009, 18:00   #8

elite*gold: 20
Can't be removed so don't bother lol It is clientsided and cannot be edited out same as nobility icon and pathfinding it is hard coded into the client and enless your good with olly and decompiling client your not going to do anything about it.
Old 12/09/2009, 18:03   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
To remove it from the source? If you cant be bothered to find all of the functions associated with it, goto the Packet which is used to lock/unlock items and set everything to 0, or find all references to the Packet definition and delete them.

If the packet cant be used then the client cant use the function.
Old 12/09/2009, 22:30   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
To remove it from the source? If you cant be bothered to find all of the functions associated with it, goto the Packet which is used to lock/unlock items and set everything to 0, or find all references to the Packet definition and delete them.

If the packet cant be used then the client cant use the function.
If i'm not mistaken no source released to this day has that packet. Could be wrong the only people who i know have it is Hybrid , You, Myself, and a few others.