Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 11:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

does 5165 source work on vista/W7?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
does 5165 source work on vista/W7?

does the new source 5165 source in windows vista? or windows 7? how to make it work, and if its not, tell me why

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Yes it is compatible with Vista and Windows 7.

Old   #3

I use win7 (32-bit) works perfectly for me as long as I run as administrator.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirion View Post
I use win7 (32-bit) works perfectly for me as long as I run as administrator.
just installed win7 (62-bit) Ultimate. and its still not working:/ i d-loaded the 5165 from e*pvper and this one said it cant find database i putted the oldcodb in c: and run as admin. still same error-.-' and i d-loaded the source from 4*botters. and it just give me this errorerror.jpg

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoieJones90 View Post
just installed win7 (62-bit) Ultimate. and its still not working:/ i d-loaded the 5165 from e*pvper and this one said it cant find database i putted the oldcodb in c: and run as admin. still same error-.-' and i d-loaded the source from 4*botters. and it just give me this errorAttachment 33607
hmm I'm not sure if it works in in 64-bit systems (I may be wrong) but someone else on here had the same problem..It might be the libeay32.dll in the debug/release folder since its a 32-bit file it may be whats causing the error, also what does your most recent debug file say?

EDIT: The only thing I sorta found alittle info on was in in this post near the bottom of LetterX's guide it says.........."'libeay32.dll' DOES NOT WORK on ANY VERSION of x64 Windows! This is important because 'libeay32.dll' is what 'ManagedOpenSsl.dll' wraps to. The game server will only run in a x86/32-bit environment.
In order for 'ManagedOpenSsl.dll' to work, you must re-wrap it to 'libeay64.dll' OR if you have Visual Studios (2008/2010), you can force the game server to run in a dedicated x86 mode."
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirion View Post
EDIT: The only thing I sorta found alittle info on was in in this post near the bottom of LetterX's guide it says.........."'libeay32.dll' DOES NOT WORK on ANY VERSION of x64 Windows! This is important because 'libeay32.dll' is what 'ManagedOpenSsl.dll' wraps to. The game server will only run in a x86/32-bit environment.
In order for 'ManagedOpenSsl.dll' to work, you must re-wrap it to 'libeay64.dll' OR if you have Visual Studios (2008/2010), you can force the game server to run in a dedicated x86 mode."
ok i readed that on 4botters. im installing 2010 atm and going to try it +k for u if its works^^
Old   #7

how do i
Quote:
re-wrap it to 'libeay64.dll'
?
Old   #8

Look on page 2 or 3 there is a guide on how to do it, You can not use Visual Studios Express Edition. The only other free and legal way to fix this problem is to download the new Visual Studios 2010 Beta 2.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden17 View Post
Look on page 2 or 3 there is a guide on how to do it, You can not use Visual Studios Express Edition. The only other free and legal way to fix this problem is to download the new Visual Studios 2010 Beta 2.
i have VS 2010 beta 2 but how do i re-wrap .dlls?
give me a url
Old   #10

Have you tried rebuilding the project by clicking on NewestCOServer then going to the build tab and where is says Platform Target set that as x86 then rebuild the project?
Old   #11

its easy here dude.. ill show you how to w/o editing any shizz.. download this: and put into your bin/debug folder.. replace the libeay32.dll thats already in there.. this should work
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

elite*gold: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot0type View Post
its easy here dude.. ill show you how to w/o editing any shizz.. download this: and put into your bin/debug folder.. replace the libeay32.dll thats already in there.. this should work
yet it doesnt. instant crashes :\
Old   #13

libeay32.dll ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dunno how many times ive said this.. i use vista 64x just get the fixed libeay32.dll then it'll work.. beta limit rel'd it.
Old   #14

Received Thanks: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot0type View Post
libeay32.dll ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dunno how many times ive said this.. i use vista 64x just get the fixed libeay32.dll then it'll work.. beta limit rel'd it.

Couldn't he just follow Korv's guide?
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitis C View Post

Couldn't he just follow Korv's guide?
it's so much easier replacing 1 file.. incompetence of some people..