Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[QUESTION]Using Public IP

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[QUESTION]Using Public IP

ME AND MY FRIEND SETUP A PRIVATE SERVER USING MY PUBLIC IP SO THAT MY OTHER FRIENDS FROM OTHER PLACE CAN CONNECT.

We did Port Forward.. and now we can use our Public IP to view our website..
but when i try to use the IP into my source... the emulator will stop running and recommend 2 IPs only which is my hamachi IP and my Internal IP or Local IP... i uninstalled the Hamachi and this time the emulator will recommend the Local IP.. so i think it will only read internal IPs...
can someone tell what might be the problem of this?

thank you ePvP.

Old   #2

Bind your sockets on IPAddress.Any (0.0.0.0), portforward the ports used when binding the sockets for the emulator and make sure firewall does not block those ports. Once you have done so you can use a website like canyouseeme.org to verify that the ports can be acessed from outside of your lan.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Bind your sockets on IPAddress.Any (0.0.0.0), portforward the ports used when binding the sockets for the emulator and make sure firewall does not block those ports. Once you have done so you can use a website like canyouseeme.org to verify that the ports can be acessed from outside of your lan.
i dont have any idea about binding socket sir but i try to search google about port forwarding same with my router/modem but when i try canyouseeme.org... there is nothing i followed the tuts
Old   #4

IPEndPoint endPoint = new IPEndPoint("0.0.0.0",gameport);
socket.Bind(endPoint);

That's what he means by bind your socket check your serversocket.

Old   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,305
All you need to do is make sure your computer is visible to external networks on the ports conquer uses. This means port forwarding and then all you have to do is configure the source to use your external IP address in its settings.

There's no difference between using internal/external/hamachi address in terms of the server. The only difference is who will be able to access the server and making sure your network configuration is correct.
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
All you need to do is make sure your computer is visible to external networks on the ports conquer uses. This means port forwarding and then all you have to do is configure the source to use your external IP address in its settings.

There's no difference between using internal/external/hamachi address in terms of the server. The only difference is who will be able to access the server and making sure your network configuration is correct.
i was about to read the Post entitled "non-hamachi" because there is a qouted reply there how to port forward.. i think its deleted now.. i cant see it..
Old   #7

Received Thanks: 3,170
Old   #8

My friend can now connect to my server.. i used my PublicIP/externalIP but why i cant login to the server?
Old   #9

Received Thanks: 3,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiduko1 View Post
My friend can now connect to my server.. i used my PublicIP/externalIP but why i cant login to the server?
Use your internal Ip Address.
Run the following command in cmd (Start + R, "cmd"): ipconfig
That will show you the IPv4 Address for your desired ethernet adapter.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Use your internal Ip Address.
Run the following command in cmd (Start + R, "cmd"): ipconfig
That will show you the IPv4 Address for your desired ethernet adapter.
i tried use it sir and the loading bar will show up but it never move an inch.. after few seconds the prompt pop-up "Failed to connect to the game server. Please try again later."

i think there is something that block my connection whenever i try to get into the server...

my port is forwarded, i check it on canyouseeme.org an then i turn off my firewall.. still no luck.
Old   #11

The issue is when he uses his internal ip it connects to the login server which then responds with his external ip which he's having issues connecting to.

Solution 1: Host your server properly. Buy a VPS to host from
Solution 2: Re-code your server so if the connection attempt is from a internal IP it responds with the same address (internal ip rather than external ip)
Solution 3: Use a different loader that overrides the game server response address
Solution 4: Use hamachi (eww)
Old   #12

Quote:
The issue is when he uses his internal ip it connects to the login server which then responds with his external ip which he's having issues connecting to.

Solution 1: Host your server properly. Buy a VPS to host from
Solution 2: Re-code your server so if the connection attempt is from a internal IP it responds with the same address (internal ip rather than external ip)
Solution 3: Use a different loader that overrides the game server response address
Solution 4: Use hamachi (eww)
My friend from other place can connect the server but only me i cant. How is that happen? But when i put my internal IP to the source, i can now login the only thing is that my friend cant login anymore.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiduko1 View Post
My friend from other place can connect the server but only me i cant. How is that happen? But when i put my internal IP to the source, i can now login the only thing is that my friend cant login anymore.
we've already explained that... it's because the server is replying with your external ip address and it's not routing as it should.

I've had that happen with specific routers before and I can't really offer much help but basically you're connecting to login server with internal network ip and it then responds telling you to connect to the game server with your external ip which is not working properly for you.
Old   #14

Quote:
we've already explained that... it's because the server is replying with your external ip address and it's not routing as it should.

I've had that happen with specific routers before and I can't really offer much help but basically you're connecting to login server with internal network ip and it then responds telling you to connect to the game server with your external ip which is not working properly for you.
yeah that's it.. and i wonder why is it.. :3
Old   #15

Did you forward it in your router?