Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reply on .Mio for closing the thread.

Discussion on Reply on .Mio for closing the thread. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/24/2009, 21:43   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne. View Post
Don't know. Just try this link then, I made the only thread.

There are no posts in this forum.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:45   #32

blade, only you can see that thread you made, noone else w/o sufficient authority.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:47   #33

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Do they need to know the rules one server-advertising then? Or do they need to know that we have a graphic editing section, or that threads about hacks belong in the hacking section.

In my oppinion, a moderator who wants to moderate the entire conquer section needs to have experience with the entire conquer section. Otherwise they shouldnt be applying for the entire conquer section, right?
In my opinion; E*PVP should follow what a lot of forums do and have specific moderators for specific sub-set forums instead of just assigning everyone as a "CO2 Moderator". If you want to be 100% literal about how the E*PVP system works, then yes, your absolutely right; a moderator should have programming knowledge, history of being in this section, knowledge of what goes on, etc. However, that is never the case on when moderators are assigned globally to a forum (which is really a sub-set in this case, and I previously would've referred to a sub-sub-set), they generally stick to moderating a section of the forums they feel comfortable with. When they step their bounds, this is when they start making errors.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:50   #34

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Now this is going too far. Making baseless assumptions with no proofs at all. We made someone Moderator because he's (yes, .Mio is male) German? Are you serious? If there had been any, and really any other moderator in our team with deeper knowledge of the game asking for the position here, no matter if he's from Pakistan, the USA or Kongo he'd have got it. I have no idea why it shouldn't work well if a moderator who, now I'm quoting you, does a really good job as moderator and who has at least basic knowledge of the game, moderates this section. It worked fine when I was in that situation and I didn't know anything about the game.
If you disagree with some actions .Mio committed this is the wrong section as InfamousNoone correctly stated. There is no need to discuss about this in public. Members can contact the whole staff anytime to handle problems.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:54   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dread View Post
Now this is going too far. Making baseless assumptions with no proofs at all. We made someone Moderator because he's (yes, .Mio is male) German? Are you serious? If there had been any, and really any other moderator in our team with deeper knowledge of the game asking for the position here, no matter if he's from Pakistan, the USA or Kongo he'd have got it. I have no idea why it shouldn't work well if a moderator who, now I'm quoting you, does a really good job as moderator and who has at least basic knowledge of the game, moderates this section. It worked fine when I was in that situation and I didn't know anything about the game.
If you disagree with some actions .Mio committed this is the wrong section as InfamousNoone correctly stated. There is no need to discuss about this in public. Members can contact the whole staff anytime to handle problems.
This section's full of dumb dumbs...especially when the OP has a thing in his signature: "The CO (PServer?) section should have a zero tolerance rule for a few weeks to get back some order in the Section" but yet he's a part of the problem (by posting OT topics).
Old 11/24/2009, 21:59   #36

Quote:
The thread you closed on Complaint Section is 1 proof. You said it didn't make sense when it made perfect sense and even S.A.L.O.M.O.N agreed. Plus all these people disagree with him being mod. What more do you want?

Also, this discussion in public is necessary. If each member privates messages you individually, it will be ignored or not handled.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:04   #37

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne. View Post
The thread you closed on Complaint Section is 1 proof. You said it didn't make sense when it made perfect sense and even S.A.L.O.M.O.N agreed. Plus all these people disagree with him being mod. What more do you want?

Also, this discussion in public is necessary. If each member privates messages you individually, it will be ignored or not handled.
The thread about .Mio giving the wrong designation for a warning? He said spam instead of off-topic. That's nothing to complain about.

Some people are against him being mod here. But I don't see a reason.

Not handled? Your complaint thread has been handled.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:05   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyPerfection View Post
You code too much!:P
Post = true;
Old 11/24/2009, 22:06   #39

Quote:
The thread about .Mio giving the wrong designation for a warning? He said spam instead of off-topic. That's nothing to complain about.

Some people are against him being mod here. But I don't see a reason.
Yep mis-labeling a warning is non-professional. But that's not the only thing he/she does. If you want reasons just read the thread, obviously I'm not the only one stating.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:08   #40

As I said and as InfamousNoone also mention ; Mio is doing a great job, but he would fit for another section as there is alot of game revelant threads/posts going on, and he might do a wrong action due to he don't know if it's spam, an ironic post etc.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:09   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyPerfection View Post
Mio is doing a great job
That is why alot of people are complaining ;\
Old 11/24/2009, 22:10   #42

he (.Mio) closes threads for broad-mind assumptions, as in "this" or "that" is flame, when most of the time (87/100 times) it's correctly relating to the thread, whether it's helpful to the threadstarter or not. warnings/infractions are the exact same. i've been dealt one this week, that was completely pointless, and posing an invalid reason.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:12   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smythe94 View Post
Wow, there's one group with all power in this section right now.
Not going to tell you guys who, anybody that has been around here for longer knows who I'm talking about.
Yea, smart and competent people.
Old 11/24/2009, 22:13   #44

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
#closed

Closed Thread