Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help] NPC's

Discussion on [Help] NPC's within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help] NPC's

I added a few new NPC's to my database. I've made sure the co-ordinates are correct as well as the mapID and UID. The NPC's don't appear in game. Help?
Old 11/10/2009, 02:25   #2

elite*gold: 20
Which source is this? Is this the first time it's happened?
Old 11/10/2009, 02:52   #3

make sure its the right Type (links to the right mesh)
Old 11/10/2009, 13:28   #4

As the guy above me said, make sure the type is correct because as I've seen so far all public sources check for the types, wether it's guildgates, pole's or unique NPCs, and if the type is incorrect those will not be sent.

While we're on NPC, I see you're not that far with your server (I'm assuming), therefore a good thing would be to implement LUA for the NPCs. It's a scripting language used or being used by Blizzard, it's pretty amazing. Whenever you call a NPC chat (by pressing it), it will read from the scripts, which you store in a basic .txt document.

This way, you can edit text or actions by NPCs without restarting the source, very smart for beta servers.

Goodluck with your problem and hope you solve it.
Old 11/13/2009, 21:55   #5

@Zion
This is for LOTF sorry I forgot to say that. And yes this is the first time its happened. I thought I was the bomb at adding NPCs but I guess not lol

@raiden
The npcs that are not working are ones that I added from my old source. I didn't change anything when transferring them to my new source. The NPC types should be fine seeing as they worked in the old source. Even the Conductresses I made wont appear lol The NPC UIDs in my npc table are the same as they are in the source as well. I'll go through them again and make sure but im like 99% sure everything is okay.

#Edit!!
Wow its got to be something else rofl I made sure everything was correct. Any other idears? ^^