Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

True Interserver Network

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,302
True Interserver Network

Hybrid/infamousnoone and myself have been working on a network which allows for players from different servers, using different client versions to play together seamlessly. We have it to a working state and are going to be starting to add partners to the existing network.

It's not 100% and we have plenty more to do in terms of content but the system itself is solid and fully functional.

Here's an example of it working

We are looking for servers interested in joining the network. Current requirements

-Average 50+ concurrent players
-C# based source
-Old style jumps enforced
-Original classes only

We can support any client version but are most inclined to go with servers running patches we've already added support for (5017, 5065, 5095, 5165, 5212, 5517 being good example sources that are well documented and easily added)

Reply/PM if you'd be interested in joining the network. Ideally we will be setting up a NA and EU network (with the ability to of course join either side of the network with the understanding that it will effect ping)

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
You probably mean InfamousNoone not Impulse.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
You probably mean InfamousNoone not Impulse.
OOH ***!!

This is what I get for having multiple tabs open lol. Was typing this and responded to one of your posts.

#shame
Old   #4

By the way, who's voice was recorded. Sounds like it was made exactly for that purpose. :P

Old   #5

That's my voice :O

<edit>

5212 support added. TrueConquer will be the first server added to the EU network and should be available for their players in the next 24 hours (they are running it on their test server first to avoid any issues)
Old   #6

With the implementation of your interserver network - that could honestly turn pvp around haha. Imo, I visualize this like CoD, where you are in the base lobby -> move to the dedicated host for the game -> then back to the base lobby. This could work with complete different gametypes (or pvp events) including tdm, ffa, ctf, snd, etc. I know that's not what you are focusing on haha - but it could be something you look at in the future. The content you guys always put out is top notch - nice job Chris.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm. View Post
With the implementation of your interserver network - that could honestly turn pvp around haha. Imo, I visualize this like CoD, where you are in the base lobby -> move to the dedicated host for the game -> then back to the base lobby. This could work with complete different gametypes (or pvp events) including tdm, ffa, ctf, snd, etc. I know that's not what you are focusing on haha - but it could be something you look at in the future. The content you guys always put out is top notch - nice job Chris.
We already have quite a few pvp events added to our interserver and are working on a bunch more!

Basically when you join the interserver you're in a version of PK arena hosted on a different server (NA or EU host) which has reviver monsters and the ability for us to override, upgrade or limit player gear to create balanced pvp.

From there players are then pulled into PVP events which again, can have unique gear and character balancing rules on a per event/per map basis.

When you're bored of the pvp you can return to your original server you normally play and collect any rewards for the events you're participated in (each host server can reward whatever they would like for the events. They have full control over it we just inform them of who played in what events and how well they did)