Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] How Do They Shut You Down?

Discussion on [Question] How Do They Shut You Down? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 10/24/2009, 02:15   #16

elite*gold: 0
i've seen some closed for linking to copyrighted files...
Old 10/24/2009, 02:23   #17

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenx123 View Post
i've seen some closed for linking to copyrighted files...
interesting, i've never heard of that.
Old 10/24/2009, 02:47   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3ak View Post
LOL yeah right what does he do ddos with a script kiddie botnet ? Oh noes!! If he can only raise ping by 1k then he is a noob anyways with some pretty lame bots lol and any "good" service provider with 100mb connection or higher has cisco routers with double ddoss protection and i would point and laugh at your friend supposedly threatening to shutting down my server he couldn't even raise the ping 50 if he tried.

Everything you said here is pretty much wrong and bullshyt fyi lol alot of people would like to think a TOS/disclaimer will save them but i'm sorry to tell ya it is pointless and stupid to even waste the time it won't save you 1 bit And neither will donations instead of straight up selling items for $$.

TQ doesn't really care about your donations and they don't really care about your TOS/Disclaimer, Infact they don't even care what private server your running it can be custom made source or binarys it makes no difference.

I will tell you how they get ya and how they got everyone else and how to avoid it. And this isn't based on guesses this is FACTS based on my own experience.

It is really simple actually they get you for using copyrighted content to connect to any server. You cannot run a private server without offering players a download URL for a CO client period! It doesn't matter how much you edit there client or try and cover up autopatch and your own dll's by using wrappers or changing exe's ect ect every single file,ini,dds ect are copyrights of TQ digital SO enless your a programming guru and wrote your own client from scratch 100% your SOL and in breach of TQ's TOS and copyrights. They don't need to go on your server to find this out or even get to your stupid Disclaimer, And it doesn't matter if your client is coming from megaupload or any other free site away from your main hosting, the client is owned by TQ digital and you have no rights to modify it to connect to anyone elses servers other then TQ's.

This was how they tried to get me and many others i know of that got same letters in the mail from TQ lawyers. The only difference is they sent there cease and decist letter from there lawyers to my server provider and unlike most others that will fold and give out your personal info or shut you down my dedicated server hosting told them enless they got a court order and subpoena they could stick there letter where the sun don't shine. LOL which i found to be pretty funny when they called and told me about the situation and e-mailed me a copy of what they received.

How can you really save your server from TQ ??

If you look up all the people that got contacted by them they were all in the united states or countries that have copyright laws being upheld, So if you get hosting outside the US in a country that will laugh at anything TQ sends because there laws don't apply there is nothing they can do about it other then make empty threats.

So if your server is being run from egy/turk/EU ect hosting and i think even canada you really have nothing to worry about it is mainly the USA based servers/hosting they went after few mnths back because TQ headquarters is based in california here in the US. Nobody else i have talked to from other countries have ever had any problems and there servers have been up for years.

Also just a fyi TQ gets there lists from Xtremetop100 if you have your server listed there to gain votes/playerbase and your hosting abides by copyright laws from other countries your saved to a list for TQ to send out cease and decist orders at a later time.

That is where people are wrong and think TQ sues people they don't. They first send out cease and decist orders drafted by there lawyers tell you to immediately shut down your server. If you refuse to do so THEN they will threaten to sue. But everyone i know didn't take it that far and shut down after getting the first warning.
havent seen this dude in a while either? maybe co pserver section reverting to the smart people?
Old 10/24/2009, 06:11   #19

Cool, thx for the info guys, very well appreciated.

I don't want to start a new thread about a question..

Where can you code for example the monster Pheasant, that he can drop more dbs?
I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2009, 06:11   #20

Entities.cs
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2009, 06:12   #21

For CoEmu?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2009, 10:16   #22

is this any good?
# Download speed of up to 16 Mbps
# Data transfer capacity of 125 GB per month
Old 10/24/2009, 11:11   #23

elite*gold: 20
upload is important
Old 10/24/2009, 13:15   #24

The guy that requested to look up where he lives:
Code:
IP = 75.139.34.154
Region = Childersburg (US)
Provider = CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Is that right?
Old 10/25/2009, 21:19   #25

didnt want to start a new thread, but ill be using this thread for my questions...

You know when you level up, you get 3 points per lvl...attrib. points...
I am using CoEmu 5095, got everything working but the points...

Where do i edit for example, from level 1 to lvl 2 , i get 3 points, 2 - 3 , another 3...etc.?
Thanks
1 User