Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TQServer/TQClient prefix

Discussion on TQServer/TQClient prefix within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
TQServer/TQClient prefix

Is the TQServer/TQClient prefix included in the size or not?
Old 01/11/2015, 19:16   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
No. Packet size does not include the seal.

Prefix would also imply it came before the packet but I'm sure you know it goes at the end ahah.

The reason packet size doesn't include the seal is that it's only used to signify the transfer of data is over. If you're combining packets I'm under the impression TQServer is only needed at the end of the large packet block but I could be wrong on that side of things.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/11/2015, 19:20   #3

Yeah, I knew it was at the end of the packet of course. I just wanted to know whether it should be included in the size or not.
Old 01/11/2015, 19:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
No. Packet size does not include the seal.

Prefix would also imply it came before the packet but I'm sure you know it goes at the end ahah.

The reason packet size doesn't include the seal is that it's only used to signify the transfer of data is over. If you're combining packets I'm under the impression TQServer is only needed at the end of the large packet block but I could be wrong on that side of things.
Aren't the suffixes just used for packet validation? That's what I always thought. It wouldn't make sense to use the suffix for packet splitting since the prefix/header already takes care of that.
Old 01/11/2015, 20:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Aren't the suffixes just used for packet validation?
They may or may not be... When sending a single tcp frame containing multiple server messages the client will still split them properly..
Old 01/11/2015, 20:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ocularis View Post
They may or may not be... When sending a single tcp frame containing multiple server messages the client will still split them properly..
Multiple server messages without the suffixes, you mean?
Old 01/11/2015, 20:40   #7

No, actually. Multiple complete server messages; each including the TQServer suffix, all encrypted and sent as single packet. The client splits them properly.. It could be the size, but it could be the suffix.

What I know for certain is if a message's array size is not 8 bytes larger than the size written to the header, the client disconnects from the *game server.
Old 01/11/2015, 21:16   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ocularis View Post
No, actually. Multiple complete server messages; each including the TQServer suffix, all encrypted and sent as single packet. The client splits them properly.. It could be the size, but it could be the suffix.

What I know for certain is if a message's array size is not 8 bytes larger than the size written to the header, the client disconnects from the *game server.
Oh, yeah, I'm aware of that. The client is definitely using the size in the header to split packets though, which is why I'm saying I think the TQServer/TQClient suffixes are only used to validate packets, but that conflicts with that P4N is saying about the game server sending multiple "combined" packets with only one TQServer suffix.
Old 01/11/2015, 22:47   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Oh, yeah, I'm aware of that. The client is definitely using the size in the header to split packets though, which is why I'm saying I think the TQServer/TQClient suffixes are only used to validate packets, but that conflicts with that P4N is saying about the game server sending multiple "combined" packets with only one TQServer suffix.
I'm not working with a version where TQServer/TQClient is used. The necessity of it being needed per packet when merging them together was what I said I didn't know.

The short version of my earlier answer.

No: TQServer is not included in packet length
Client requires TQServer at the end of each group of packets at very minimum or else it will dc.
TQServer MAY not be needed on each packet when you're combining them together (not sure as I'm not working with a version where server seal is used).