Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[5165] Server.dat not being read properly?

Discussion on [5165] Server.dat not being read properly? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[5165] Server.dat not being read properly?

I recently downloaded a clean 5165 client to edit for my private server, i server.dat that came with it was encrypted or something i thing? as it was just random characters, i changed it for the more standard server.dat layout from 5165 but now i don't think it is being read by conquer.exe properly and no servers are showing up just a lot of empty boxes with red circle. Can anyone help with this?
Old 12/28/2014, 22:30   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Server.dat is encrypted. You cannot edit it unless you're using a cracked conquer.exe.

Most newer patch servers leave server.dat alone and just use something like coloader to force the client to connect to a specific ip/port.
Old 12/28/2014, 22:42   #3

elite*gold: 0
yeah i did that to start with but it left a lot of different servers at the login screen, is there anyway to decrpyt and re-encrypt the file?
Old 12/28/2014, 22:58   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroslayer21 View Post
yeah i did that to start with but it left a lot of different servers at the login screen, is there anyway to decrpyt and re-encrypt the file?
Easier to crack the conquer.exe which is not something I have the slightest bit of experience with.

Basically boils down to bypassing the decryption it runs on server.dat so that you can use a pre-decrypted one and have the client take advantage of it. 5165 is super common so you could always try to track down a server that uses a cracked conquer.exe and just steal it xD

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Request]5165 Ini Source ! Read This !
06/20/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 7 Replies
Hello I know that request is very stupid but I whana a tanel source ( ini version ) with flowers coded + saved cause I add ini saved and I got much errors ! & house's codded plus saved ! And anyone to learn me how I can save in ini source ! Thank you and sorry for that request thanks to who read my thread and try to help me
Ive set up the server, now how do i edit it properly....
05/21/2010 - EO PServer Hosting - 3 Replies
me and my friends managed to get a server up and running, but when we tried to edit the eudemons stats it messed something up and kept saying, server connection interrupted, even though theres nothing wrong with my connection? help?! i would be grateful if someone could add me on msn or something so they could give me some help? thanks :) :mofo:
[REQUEST] 5165 Source, fresh, READ
01/25/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies
Hello, im wondering, if anyone here has a 5165 source as it was first released, id appreciate taking a copy of it, im wanting to basically code everything into it myself, i dont want one that some noob has edited then released, please and thank you in advance!
[Request] special arena(5165) READ for what i need..
12/09/2009 - General Coding - 2 Replies
-F0b/ss skills only -No horses allowed -Timer for when it starts(wait 30 seconds to start) -A screen so you can join -No pots of anysort allowed -A monster at the end to give a reward -Will be teleported to tc when killed -If dont have ss/fb you cant enter -Timer for every hour -No one can revive each other
[Request] special arena(5165) READ for what i need..
12/09/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 1 Replies
-fb/ss skills only -no horses allowed -timer for when it starts -a screen so you can join -No pots of anysort allowed -a monster at the end to give a reward -Will be teleported to tc when killed -If dont have ss/fb you cant enter -Timer for every hour -No one can revive each other