Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Item copying help!

Discussion on Item copying help! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Weapon/Armor Editing

So, I've done some looking into the client side and server. But basically what I wanted to do was copy an existing item to a brand new item thus re-naming it remake the level requirement and tweak some stats maybe. And ofc it was mainly to change the look of armors/weaps, but don't want to take away the old looks. Instead ill use the available 7 levels I have and make a brand new 7 items for lvl 131-137.

To test this I wanted to first copy an existing item, change its ID and do this for server and client side. Then add a new texture to client side then change the ID of that too. It's this how it should be done? Or there it's another way?

Third part would be make a NPC that would sell them or rather, just put them into the Shopping Mall.

Step one. Create new items on Database and Item.dat on client side.
Step 2, make new texture items and mesh
step 3, create new item ItemID-c3/texture/new texture.dds and same for mesh
step 4, make new or copy existing item map and item icons.
step 5 add em into shoppingmall.

So after doing all those steps, I got the item to come up in inventory and show properly in equipment and inventory. Don't know why when I drop the item it doesn't show an image. Also the texture/mesh of the item doesn't show. I doubled check the ini IDs and make sure I didn't type the wrong dds files, but they all correct.

Please anyone would give me a better guide or explanation ill appreciate it.
Old 12/27/2014, 22:44   #2

bump
Old 12/28/2014, 00:41   #3

elite*gold: 130
Old 12/28/2014, 01:55   #4

Finally got it to work. So apparently after editing the ini files.. u have to unpack c3.wdb file, then convert those files within and edit them. After all that, convert the file again then put them back into the ini then open conquer and itll pack them back to c3.wbd.
But the quality of items don't work properly. Like only normal item shows and etc..
Old 12/28/2014, 03:00   #5

elite*gold: 130
No, you just fail in adding them.
The last digit of the itemid stands for the quality.
1-5 is normal, 6 unique, 7 refined, 8 elite, 9 super.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/28/2014, 03:56   #6

That fixes the qualities, but now it just doesn't show for any quality and normal quality cant be spawned anymore used 3-5. And yes I did change the numbers in texture and all the rest of the stuff I did before. Weird...
Old 12/29/2014, 21:46   #7

Please move to CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits section. Thanks.
Old 12/29/2014, 22:43   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by killermale123 View Post
Why would they move it to the edits section? Questions are not allowed there.

It's a release section for people to post their work, not to ask about how to do edits.
Old 12/29/2014, 23:40   #9

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by killermale123 View Post
Quote:
get your Conquer Online 2 eye candy modifications here [no questions]
Your question is related to private servers as you "can't" add an item to the official Conquer. Plus, it's not a release, so should not be in the edits section.
Old 12/29/2014, 23:58   #10

I saw plenty of questions there but read it wrong lolol, it was on the main co2 section. Nvm lol.