Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Coding

Discussion on Coding within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Coding

i get a weird error i don't understand any help plz?
Old 12/03/2014, 01:29   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Every opening tag/bracket/etc in programming should be paired with a closing one.

In this case you're starting a new block with { and never closing it with a }

You can think of this like a paragraph that has no punctuation. Computers are dumb and only know when to stop 'reading' when you tell them to. That being said it looks like you tried to paste someone's NPC into your source and messed up some of the formatting in the process.

You should really read some BASIC programming books to get a firm understanding of how to code. It will be valuable life knowledge (being able to think logically is a very, VERY valuable skill) and will make any work you do with pservers infinitely more enjoyable/less frustrating.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2014, 02:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Every opening tag/bracket/etc in programming should be paired with a closing one.

You can think of this like a paragraph that has no punctuation. Computers are dumb and only know when to stop 'reading' when you tell them to. That being said it looks like you tried to paste someone's NPC into your source and messed up some of the formatting in the process.

You should really read some BASIC programming books to get a firm understanding of how to code. It will be valuable life knowledge (being able to think logically is a very, VERY valuable skill) and will make any work you do with pservers infinitely more enjoyable/less frustrating.
The bracket issue has nothing to do with computers being dumb, since it all comes down to the compiler and it really is for your own safety and the way the compiler scopes data. It could be possible to make a compiler that didn't care about scopes and brackets; now that would be a "dumb" compiler. Not a compiler that ensures safety of your code.

I get what you mean though.
Old 12/03/2014, 02:34   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
The bracket issue has nothing to do with computers being dumb, since it all comes down to the compiler and it really is for your own safety and the way the compiler scopes data. It could be possible to make a compiler that didn't care about scopes and brackets; now that would be a "dumb" compiler. Not a compiler that ensures safety of your code.

I get what you mean though.
It's the easiest way to make him understand what his problem is. Blocks are C#'s way of grouping instructions together and so I used an analogy to get that across based on something he might have understanding of.

I get that you want to be 'right' but seriously, **** off. Nothing I said was 'incorrect' it was simply dumbed down to try to help someone out.
Old 12/03/2014, 09:04   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:

inb4 reads a book on the language BASIC
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/03/2014, 11:14   #6

Quote:
It's the easiest way to make him understand what his problem is. Blocks are C#'s way of grouping instructions together and so I used an analogy to get that across based on something he might have understanding of.

I get that you want to be 'right' but seriously, **** off. Nothing I said was 'incorrect' it was simply dumbed down to try to help someone out.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/04/2014, 16:15   #7

Thanks all and about pro4never saying i copied pasted ... no i did it by my own but i was kind of can't find the mistake :S

I have this issue in my private server (conquer online) i am trying to remove JiangHu system but instead i get the progress removed any help plz?
Old 12/04/2014, 20:15   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moataz2023 View Post
Thanks all and about pro4never saying i copied pasted ... no i did it by my own but i was kind of can't find the mistake :S

I have this issue in my private server (conquer online) i am trying to remove JiangHu system but instead i get the progress removed any help plz?
LOL what the ****. How do you try to remove one system, and completely remove another? Like, what?
Thanks
1 User