Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

questions about client graphics

Discussion on questions about client graphics within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
questions about client graphics

i know this is going to be lots of questions but you may only answer what you know, im thankful for sharing your knowledge with us, i need that information to be able to work on advanced client tools that ill be releasing to the community
ex.
that was really old example

what each .wdf files contains ?
best way to extract them ? how to compress them back to keep client size to still be reasonable ?
does ani files have complete list for every single item exist or limited items (ex. only items which have min icon ? or items that it's ids doesn't match the dds name/number ?)

does that shops ini files have a public structure or should i just use common sense with trail and error ?

why is there certain maps that have ani files that contains list of puzzle ?

would opengl preview the c3 meshes/textures (not experienced with that so i think that question sound stupid)

thanks in advance
Old 07/30/2014, 12:01   #2

elite*gold: 130
WDF:

As for extracting them, CptSky and Korvacs released a tool to extract them. If I am correct CptSky also released a tool to compress, not sure tho.

As for the shop, it depends on the patch. TQ started using emoneyshop starting from patch 5300?

The shop has a simple structure really,

its basically a header, npc id, npc name, npc type, purchase type (money or cps) and a list with items starting from 0 (just like an array).

All the maps have the puzzle files, they are just inside data.wdf.

C3 is a custom extension of TQ, they have even released the source of it. Spirited also shared the link including some explanation in one of his threads. So simply viewing them with OpenGL will most likely not work without adding the extension.