Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[?]Superman Killcounter & A big thanks to the community

Discussion on [?]Superman Killcounter & A big thanks to the community within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[?]Superman Killcounter & A big thanks to the community

First off, before I even ask my next question, I feel like I owe some of you a huge "Thank You". Especially Spirited and -impulse- but also to a lot others. I've just recently discovered the Co2 private server community and I was really lost in the beginning. Thanks to Spirited I found a place to start my research and thanks to -impulse- I've got to solve my first unsolvable problem. This really deserves a huge thank you to all of you.

Before I dive into asking yet another question, I should show that I really tried to solve it on my own:

I tried sending multiple packets for that, the 1017 packet with all kinds of offsets (XpAdd, TimeAdd, Modifier (which got me cursed after 3 kills - yay))
different attack types, because who knows.. I even experimented with the status-flags, server and client sided.

Now,

This is the counter I'm talking about, the one on the bottom right works fine but appears to be incremented whenever the attack packet with the type 14 gets sent. I really am lost on the one above the head of the entity.

Thanks in advance once again. If there is some kind of documentation I could use to research, please don't hesitate to post the link!
Old 06/01/2014, 21:11   #2

elite*gold: 130
Confirmed to work on patch 5517:

Interaction packet:
PHP Code:
public uint Data
{

get { return ReadUInt32(24); }

set WriteUInt32(value24); }
}
public 
ushort KoCount
{

get { return (ushort)(Data >> 16); }

set Data = (uint)((value << 16) | Damage); }

-----
basically send kocount as the amount of kills in the kill packet.
Old 06/02/2014, 00:29   #3

To update the counter for Superman and Cyclone you send the attack packet (1022) with the Kill subtype. Check where you send the packet and alter set the damage to the packet like this
PHP Code:
attack.Damage = (uint)attacker.KoCounter << 16
^ this way you can only show up to 65535 but you don't usually need to send more. If you get there you will have to add a new variable to carry the KoCount and write as a whole DWORD starting from the offset of the Damage + 2.

I have to say that I didn't test wether you can really send more than 65535 but you should be allowed to. Also make sure you don't send that packet twice because it also forces the killed entitiy to move to the specified coordonates. (it might be weird if you sent it when you killed a player that moves around continuously... just saying).
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2014, 06:44   #4

I have the exact opposite problem you do lol. I have the headkill counter incrementing, but not the ko kill counter on the lower right corner.
Old 06/02/2014, 11:46   #5

-impulse-, you are amazing!

Everything is working flawlessly and the counter was able to increase up to the uint.maxvalue range (which should be enough for anyone).

Thank you for explaining!

Quote:
Also make sure you don't send that packet twice because it also forces the killed entitiy to move to the specified coordonates
Do you mean the animation when they get killed?#

Quote:
I have the exact opposite problem you do lol. I have the headkill counter incrementing, but not the ko kill counter on the lower right corner.

Skype me, I'm sure I can help
Old 06/02/2014, 11:50   #6

So your Problem is done?

When not, i can still help

Best regards
Old 06/02/2014, 11:59   #7

^ Whats this troll on about?
Old 06/02/2014, 19:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic* View Post
Do you mean the animation when they get killed?#
The kill packet stops the animation the entity is doing (in many cases a player could be jumping when someone fbs him and kills him). It also shows the text X killed Y. And shows the blood under the target.

But the main thing here is if you send the packet without changing the coords the target gets sent back to the coords that were in the packet.
Old 06/03/2014, 00:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
The kill packet stops the animation the entity is doing (in many cases a player could be jumping when someone fbs him and kills him). It also shows the text X killed Y. And shows the blood under the target.

But the main thing here is if you send the packet without changing the coords the target gets sent back to the coords that were in the packet.
The blood seems to be randomly activated I see no obvious pattern as of when it gets activated all I know is its the kill packet / packet type.

About the X / Y within the packet... It makes no difference what values I send in it from my experiments.

I can't express how thankful I am towards you impulse, you help me understand how the co2 protocol works really well!
Thanks
1 User