Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Redemption - Conquer 1.5

Discussion on [Development] Redemption - Conquer 1.5 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/02/2014, 02:24   #31

elite*gold: 0
Even if there is, hopefully there will be enough information to track down the issues.
Its the whole point of alpha/beta tests
Old 04/06/2014, 02:10   #32

Team Wars Spoiler

Introducing:

Team Wars

Description
This is a death match style event. You will be split into two teams, Red and Blue. Each team has their own starting point and revive point that is inaccessible once you enter the main area.

Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to kill the opposite team members to score enough points for your own team to win the round.

Score the winning amount of points, and the event resets itself for the next round. You are all teleported back to your home locations

Win more rounds than the other team, and you win the event.

Live Updates are on scores are sent to each player as they happen, and a running scoreboard is also displayed.

On top of the team scores, kills are also tracked per player. And the player with the most kills at the end of each round will win additional prizes. Now there is even more motivation to kill!
A running kill scoreboard is displayed momentarily also.

Details
4 Level Brackets:
  • 1-79
  • 80-99
  • 100-119
  • 120+

There will be daily Team War's consisting of 5 players per team for each level bracket.

There will also be one Weekly Team War for each level bracket with greater prizes.

Teams are assigned randomly, and the event requires 10 players to start, otherwise that level bracket will not hold a Team War that day.

If one level bracket is filled up, another event will be created for that level bracket.
Should the first event lose any amount of players, they will be taken randomly from the second event.

Logging out, or using a town scroll will eject you from the event. As punishment for your cowardice, the opposing team will gain 1 point as if they killed you.

Daily Team Wars will be the best of 3 rounds, first team to 10 kills wins the round.

Weekly Team Wars will be the best of 5 rounds, first team to 20 kills wins the round.

Friendly fire is turned off during the event, you can only damage your opponents.

VIDEO SPOILER
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2014, 11:14   #33

elite*gold: 26
Sedat you got owned :O
Old 04/07/2014, 19:32   #34

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
Sedat you got owned :O
I would of won if I didn't have the delay.
Old 04/07/2014, 20:13   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
I would of won if I didn't have the delay.
Yeah the server was running off my local computer, so he had some decent lag.

And I have no doubt, considering I haven't pvp'd in many years.

But it was just a simple demo of the event, big thanks to turk for being a guinea pig and a couple nice ideas.
Old 04/09/2014, 03:20   #36

Improved the efficiency of combat management upon death.
If you didn't notice from the posted video, there was a serious delay.

Fixed some minor bugs that were on the back burner, LuckyTime, Double Exp weren't being stored correctly.

Whats next?
Possibly a FB/SS tournament, or instances/raids.
Also new monster AI with pathfinding.

Also in the stages of setting up internal testing for stability before a possible Alpha testing release. Stay tuned
Old 04/12/2014, 15:03   #37

Internal testing so far has been quite a success.
It hasn't had a single crash and has also highlighted some inefficiencies in certain places.

With that said, I have made quite a few changes to certain areas of the core in order to decrease the processing times and make it more efficient and faster.

An alpha release might not be too far off in the future to continue testing on a larger scale.
Old 04/12/2014, 15:55   #38

wow
Old 04/20/2014, 17:21   #39

Still making progress.
Focusing on player interactions like combat to make it as smooth as possible.
Also need to spend some time on damage calculations to improve on those.

Getting closer to an alpha release though
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/24/2014, 15:45   #40

So damage has been fixed, it was like 5x what it should have been. Oops

Fixed some multi-threading issues causing server crashes.
Fixed some other issues related to server crashes, won't go into further details though.

Combat etc seems to be pretty smooth. I need to work a little on outgoing packets to improve that a little more but shouldn't take too much there.

So I'm looking for opinions on what needs to be there for an Alpha release.
All the basics will be there for sure, all mobs, all required NPCs, basic quests(moonbox, skypass etc). It will be a classic server with really no added features just yet.
But I am playing with the idea of going Alpha before I have coded a bunch of PVP events, the new pet system etc.
Currently the only events are Guild War and Team War. I have ideas for 3-4 more events that I want to create but obviously take time.

Once I go Alpha, I do not plan on wiping the database and starting fresh for beta, so I want to do it right....

My idea was to release a very classic featured server, and add custom features as I go based upon what the community wants added.

So let me know what you think...
Old 04/29/2014, 03:51   #41

Small Update:

Made some rather large changes to the processing systems and reduced CPU usage of each map drastically, (Upwards of 90% reduction, depending on number of players in that map), without affecting any playing experience.
And yes, the original base was that much of a resource hog.

Reduced screen loading times as well. There was some checks in there being performed every movement that was really not required, so they were moved to a more suitable location.

Implemented path finding classes for mobs (expandable in the future to AI if required).
Takes anywhere between 1-5 milliseconds to process depending on the difficulty of the path. Still needs some further testing to ensure it is bug free but that will go with my next point.

Now I am working on completely re-coding the mob AI. Actually give them some life so to speak.
Target selection, path-finding, wandering. Everything they need to react the same as TQ's system.

After mob AI is complete, there will only be some little things left before an Alpha testing. I am really curious to see the performance of the server under a decent load!
Some NPCs need to be added, some of the base quests are still missing (Blue Mouse, Ancient Devil etc).

I have also decided to release the server as a pure classic server (For the patch, excluding everything I mentioned in the first post), with the added custom events as they are created. And add custom features as we go with feedback from the community.

Stay tuned...
Old 05/07/2014, 03:49   #42

Progress still being made.

Right now adding all the little, but essential, features.
Mainly NPCs at this point.

Completed all the market NPCs, upgrades, composing, marriage, resetting points, house vouchers, cp admin, and the list goes on.

Still some more stuff to do.

But an alpha release is getting even closer, at this point I am thinking it will be a closed alpha for a week or 2.

Will post more as its available.
Old 05/16/2014, 01:48   #43

Introducing: Pets

This is the direction I am heading with pets. No longer will you simply be awarded a pet just for being reborn. And they will not get stronger just because you summon them.

These pets grow as they gain experience. Their strengths increase, and so do their bonuses to you. Not only do they gain in strength, but they can even evolve into stronger creatures.

This will not be an easy process, and you will not be given a pet just because you are reborn. You must earn your pet.

Here is a quick teaser. But believe me, it won't be this easy once they are implemented.
Not sure if this will make it to the alpha release though, but it is definitely something to look forward to.

Old 06/18/2014, 13:02   #44

Development still continues, it is just as of late it has been slower than I would like due to real life being quite busy because of several factors.

In the coming weeks I will be getting more and more free time so development will surely continue.
Old 07/23/2014, 16:17   #45

Beta will be coming within a few weeks and will run for roughly 2-3 weeks.
The purpose of the Beta is to test stability,find and fix any major flaws that have been missed and perform final tweaking before the official release.

Some features will be disabled, and also some events (Can't reveal everything).
Equipment and levels will be given away in Beta in order to fully test game play.

Accounts will also be wiped before the launch of the official server. However those accounts who participated in the Beta and made contributions towards finding bugs etc will receive a reward at the start of official server to help them get off to a good start.

Stay tuned
Thanks
1 User

Tags
5065, classic, events, levelling, pvp