Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The real Conquer Online private server community has died.

Discussion on The real Conquer Online private server community has died. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The real Conquer Online private server community has died.

This has being going on for a long time. I just miss the old days, back when Qonquer and HCO v1/v2 were there to keep us entertained. I'm being one nostalgic ***** right now, but right now there's not one single server that is as fun as those were back in the day. Probably because there weren't a lot of them around, that's why everybody was on the same servers. Conquer online private servers have died, unfortunately.

Does anyone feel the same way? Maybe, maybe not, I just feel like there's too many ****** servers out there. They cover the somewhat decent ones.

Miss dat ****.

/nostalgic rant ended.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/18/2014, 23:45   #2

Im with you, my top 3 were:

Pwnquer
VengeanceCo
CoEmu (Magic Man one)

Today, everyone can easily get one up and running. Hell, i was happy when I managed to code Mana on a CoEmu based source. It was rare to have mana working back in the days.

Everything was much more fun than nowdays. The community is split into 1000īs of bits, while there are maybe 10-20 worthy servers.

Meh, I dont like competition thats not able to compete but just uses up space.
Old 02/19/2014, 06:37   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Only server I've ever considered worth playing was Qonquer.

Never bothered trying any others except to reverse engineer some stuff.
Old 02/19/2014, 11:52   #4

The game itself is dying. It can't be helped.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/19/2014, 11:59   #5

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
The game itself is dying. It can't be helped.
Even though the game is dying, it doesn't mean that you can't keep the game somewhat alive by not doing the same mistakes they do by adding useless features etc.
Old 02/19/2014, 17:37   #6

what are you guys talking about? the game is not dying the old version sources, clients and everything is there for you the problem is that the people who where talented and know how to make legit servers are gone. so if you miss that old times how about re create it your self.
Old 02/19/2014, 17:43   #7

The community died when people decided it was better to upgrade to TQ's feature rather than implementing their own features and differ from the original games other than just rates.

I remember when private servers were used to compete based on unique features and not based on whoever could pay a coder to upgrade a few packets and implement TQ's greedy systems.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 02/19/2014, 19:39   #8

elite*gold: 26
I do share the same opinion with hadset, There's no way this will be saved sadly.
Old 02/19/2014, 21:53   #9

I didn't mean the game dying as in losing popularity, but more like dying as in losing its soul or so to speak. The game is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. And if some old client servers are made, they do not work that well anymore, because players have done enough leveling and all that stuff. The game is now almost entirely about PVP, and PVE has lost its point.
Old 02/24/2014, 15:31   #10

The game is a lot more fun than it used to be like around patches 5100. Still not as good as it was in the old days, but lots of vets that quit because of talis/BP are actually enjoying the new changes. PVE comes in farming banshee/dragon/etc, and hunting. Hunting has become a LOT better (at least Im experiencing decent drops, not great ones though), you can easily get 1-2 DBs in 1-2 days in a legit way. Also, they implemented their own itemtype hack (not a hack anymore lol), which is great again. Chi/JiangHu gives a ******* great power to kings and really high BP guys, but the game is a LOT more fun at lower BP because of these things.

You can disagree with me of course, but Im actually enjoying the game now, with my friends rejoining.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/24/2014, 23:21   #11

Gave it a try myself on the new FatalCross server. I'm actually enjoying it a little bit. Just the problem is probably when you get higher level. I'll probably get in fights with bulkers again and then I'm screwed.
Old 02/24/2014, 23:46   #12

Yeah, that happens. With low BP dont even think you stand a chance vs VERY high bp guys. Around 50 BP + is okay, because of that minimal damage caluclation that they introduced. Also, if you are low on funds, get an assassin, you actually can do something vs high bp guys with that. A decent skilled assassin with high BT (and average BP) can do wonders. Can be easily countered though, but in arena you ll most likely be ok.