Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion]Global Gamemaster Network

Discussion on [Discussion]Global Gamemaster Network within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion]Global Gamemaster Network

I do not plan on starting what you will read in a few seconds.

So I thought about that for the past hour, and was quite surprised nobody thought about that, or realised that thought.

In general, my Idea was that someone would create a Website, where anyone could offer themselve as gamemaster, playerhelper, blah blah... and Servers could sign up and get staff allocated. So lets say the network has 40 registred Gamemasters and 10 Servers Signed up to accquire staff:

Every Server would then add those 40 ppl to their Database and enable GM access (or whatever).

Now lets implement a quick check on the Login system if there are lets say 2 GM´s online, disable login for additional GMs or print out a message to them that the server doesnt need another GM, so the other GM´s can cycle through the other Servers until all 10 are equally populated.

Servers would be able to report gm abuses to the network and they would remove them from their database - send out a message to all other servers to remove them from their staff db and everything is fine.

I´d go as far as saying remotely host a ACCOUNT DB on the Networks side, and load (gm) accounts from there, that would remove servers without acceptable coder from the sign up process and leave more space for serious servers and wouldnt require the servers to remove gm accounts as the network would simply remove it from their DB - nor would they be required to add them manually once they implemented something to check the status remotely.

In the end, the only problem would be that the network owner isnt trustable / is a kid that gives every friend gm access.

If there was a trustable owner, I could also imagine a good market for paid service. Why spend weeks or months on finding propper GM´s if you could pay 5$ a month to get what you need, without beeing worried.

10 Servers pay 5$, you Keep 1$ and Pay the Staff 4$ - 10$ Profit - covers the Hosting already.

- State your opinion.
- Post a # if you would join such a network as GM
- post a * if you would attempt to create such a network

I´d love to see someone attempt it.
Old 11/14/2013, 11:28   #2

But how would you know if the people on the site would qualify for it? I wouldn't want random people as GM's, I would want people I trust, thus they would at least have to be helpful ingame before I'd even consider adding them.
Old 11/14/2013, 11:36   #3

If I was still active, I wouldn't do it, because people suck and I don't trust any of them. I'd estimate 90% out of who would apply don't possess the emotional maturity or responsibility to handle even the little bit of "power" that comes from being a GM on a CO private server.

It's a good idea for most servers though, I suppose.

Edit: Here's a problem: if a GM is removed from servers, what prevents the person from going under a different alias and applying again with no connection to their previous alias?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2013, 14:10   #4

"I´d go as far as saying remotely host a ACCOUNT DB on the Networks side, and load (gm) accounts from there, that would remove servers without acceptable coder from the sign up process and leave more space for serious servers and wouldnt require the servers to remove gm accounts as the network would simply remove it from their DB - nor would they be required to add them manually once they implemented something to check the status remotely."

Sadly I do not see how hard that would be and the way it would filter the server, but I get the idea that you just want those messi people out. I honestly don't think it is a good idea staff should be people you know like friends. Even though the staff that you would supply is trustworthy many people will not trust them due to the fact they just do not know them.