Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 01:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Project :: CrystalSeven (Next level customization)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Project :: CrystalSeven (Next level customization)

(First Post re'written) (Open the OLD Post here with introductions and other info)

Hello ElitePvP community. This is Joe & Yuki.
We want to introduce you to our big project involving the old source of AstaCo

We know that there are still alot of Conquer Online lovers out there, but some might be very sick of the same features right?
So, you may have experienced Joe's previous project, or even tried other servers with custom features. Things that other servers don't have.

Now that itself is what we think is interesting, so we've taken the challenge of further improving and adding new custom features compiled from ideas of what old gamers that have played many many games together into one project. And that is CrystalSeven

We will be livestreaming and writing our progress through Trello and on the thread. Be sure to follow us! If you find this interesting ofcourse ;]

Yuki's LiveStream
Joe's LiveStream

Yuki - Project leader and advanced programming C#
Joe - Project leader and custom feature programmer C#/CSS/PHP/HTML and side-designer

Our team is open for new members. Contact Joe/Yuki to be approved.

Official Website:
Locations for Hosts: US and Europe
Sponsors: IT-InTime
Source: Custom

We want to give you a very unique gameplay with alot of variations to tinker with. Some gamers think many games has too little variation to offer, that is something we want to crush.

By introducing you features never seen on Conquer Online before, we want you to be able to enjoy our game with friends and foes and even be able to suggest your own ideas yourself.

We feel that the game is too easy, so it becomes boring. CrystalSeven is aimed for 15+ and will be heavily team-oriented gameplay.

The game itself will continuesly have updates and new content added to it to make everything feel like it changes, just like in our own lives.

We want you to band together with all the players in the game, to clear through our chapters of challenges.

A multiplayer game needs to have alot of players, without players nobody can clear the chapters on their own. That is why we need a brave player that is willing to take the challenges and discover the contents to plounder through all the chapters, and that player is none other than you.

Navigate with Spoilers

What we need ..
  • Modelers (new Weapons and Items)
  • Client editing experts. (New Maps from other TQ Games, effects, icons)
  • Testers (Bug reports, balancing)
  • Story Writers
  • VFX Artists

Skype to contact:
thejoe67 , fuzionxt

Gallery 1

Video blogs

Yuki thanking ..

Cpt.Sky, Justin / Lostsolder05

Special thanks to Justin, for teaching me how to shut the fuck up years ago. Id still leech codes from epvp if he didnt step into my life.

Joe thanking ..

Spirited Fang

Seriously, thank you for cleaning the thread. Hope you can keep up with it 8D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoginScreen finished.jpg (467.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg interface.jpg (221.6 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg interface semitransparent metallic silver.jpg (899.6 KB, 343 views)

Old   #2

Lightbulb

Crystal Seven is a Project that aims to fully redesign Conquer in both the optics and the gameplay. We constantly try to recruit interested GFX Artists to make C7 a whole new, epic expirience

So, whats Crystal Seven, how is it any different and why would I dedicate my time to that project? Its probably just "yet another half assed private server, that will shut down within weeks or less, because of lacking interest or missing funds to keep the server online".
Gallery 1
Fear not my friend, we shall not have similar issues. Our expenses are fully covered. The Servers are provided by and shall never shut down. Why do they sponsor us? Well, thats another Story. It includes me beeing YouTube partner and advertising, boring stuff wich likely bores you already. How about motivation then? Well, me and Joe are into Co2 developing since 2006 and 2008 (even back in time be4 LOTF got released) and ever since got hooked by it. Its true, we both had multiple Servers, some more (Joes) some less (mine) successful, but together as a team, we can combine [GALLERY][*]our two main strenghts together - Efficiency and Creativity.[/GALLERY] [GALLERY] [/GALLERY]
Gallery 2
Our Project (Crystal Seven) shall be a game changer for the private server community. We will have the first, fully fledged, story driven, teamplay required, dynamic and "new-everything" Server. While I am learning about Game Programming, we will build up Crystal Seven as Private Server and in the Future either port C7 over to our own Client, where we will no longer be limited by anything but imagination or keep C7 as a private Server and develop a entirely new game.

Gallery 3

I also want to highlight that we hired a professional voice actor to narrate the core storyline.

Who do we need?
  • Modelers (new Weapons and Items)
  • Client editing experts. (New Maps from other TQ Games, effects, icons)
  • Testers (Bug reports, balancing)
  • Story Writers
  • VFX Artists

If you are interested, click on the spoiler below to read more about C7 and please feel free to add me on skype!

Progress Board:

Hello!

Seeing you read this means you might be interessted in our Project and I want to thank you for that in the first place.

Quick thanks list.
Cpt.Sky, Justin / Lostsolder05
Special thanks to Justin, for teaching me how to shut the fuck up years ago. Id still leech codes from epvp if he didnt step into my life.

If you however love the good old 5017 conquer, you will be dissappointed by this Project. Im not allowed to tell you the name we will most likely choose for our server but I can tell you the following: While we will use Conquer as our base, including its Models, Maps and textures this project already is nothing like conquer anymore.

I will post updates as soon as they happen, probably daily by updating this Post. My Updates will follow in form of Videos (Ad-free) with voice over, in the best english I can possibly produce.

PLEASE NOTE, THOSE VIDEOS BELOW ARE JUST A SHOWOFF AND DO NOT SHOW HOW ASTA LOOKS LIKE!

Gallery 4

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3

Dude post the devlog.

And for whoever wants to brag about their skills and how ****** I am. I am a ****** coder, but I get it to work how I want it to with ****** codes that looks like a airplane crash.

but hey, it works.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakejoe67 View Post
Dude post the devlog.

And for whoever wants to brag about their skills and how ****** I am. I am a ****** coder, but I get it to work how I want it to with ****** codes that looks like a airplane crash.

but hey, it works.
Dude thats why Im in the team. You make it work, I make it efficient <3

All hail miracle man Joe
the airplane crash coder.

#Edit: Posted DevBlog #1

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,313
Good luck with your project.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #6

elite*gold: 81
Received Thanks: 1,169
Kewl Yuki, good luck
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,308
All the best of luck to you. That being said it seems a little silly to imply no one has done this stuff before... There's plenty of 5017 sources (private or otherwise) that have 100 percent working nobility. As for crafting, it's pretty well documented and I simply assumed most people in co dev knew about the feature regardless of if public servers are making use of it or not.

Again, not discounting the value of your work, you guys are doing some fun stuff but acting all high and mighty about how 'no one else has ever done this before' is a bit.... aggravating to those who have... many, many times before you.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
All the best of luck to you. That being said it seems a little silly to imply no one has done this stuff before... There's plenty of 5017 sources (private or otherwise) that have 100 percent working nobility. As for crafting, it's pretty well documented and I simply assumed most people in co dev knew about the feature regardless of if public servers are making use of it or not.

Again, not discounting the value of your work, you guys are doing some fun stuff but acting all high and mighty about how 'no one else has ever done this before' is a bit.... aggravating to those who have... many, many times before you.
Sorry, youre right about that, however since 2006 ive seen no server besides Pwnquer in 2007 that made use of Crafting, yet to show me a server where revive here / offline tg works. If ppl did that be4 me im fine with that, just yeah... never saw it happen :3
Old   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,308
I don't pay that much attention to publicly hosted servers but I know I have at least a few sources on my old HDD that have fully working offline tg (across number of patches) as well as at least 2 5017 with 100 percent working nobility.

Again, not implying that your not going a great job over there, it just bugged me when you implied that this was completely new, undiscovered territory. Hell when I was working on albetros I messed around with the crafting system and made a number of posts about how it worked and at the time there were quite a few developers who were already familiar with it thanks to their previous work.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I don't pay that much attention to publicly hosted servers but I know I have at least a few sources on my old HDD that have fully working offline tg (across number of patches) as well as at least 2 5017 with 100 percent working nobility.

Again, not implying that your not going a great job over there, it just bugged me when you implied that this was completely new, undiscovered territory. Hell when I was working on albetros I messed around with the crafting system and made a number of posts about how it worked and at the time there were quite a few developers who were already familiar with it thanks to their previous work.
:O But I said that i got nobility from copsv6 didnt I? I hope I did O___O Okay didnt know that you were working with crafting too, anyway, lets bring this to an end. Ill change my videos from now on so i dont offend / [Insert right word here] other people.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

I think it was Arco that was the first to actual release Nobility for a 5017 source.

Anyways good luck on the project.
Old   #12

Yeah Yuki, stop bragging. I'll make a airplane crash of a code for you to fix, as a punishment =|

but still desperately in need of content creators ~
And, has anything had any good news about a Conquer.exe for 5017 without a fake trojan inside it?
Old   #13

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,159
What patch are you going for? 5017?

If one of the older patches (before 5165), hit me up if you need a helping hand with coding/web/database management. I got some spare time on my hands.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14

Good luck Joe.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Emil View Post
What patch are you going for? 5017?

If one of the older patches (before 5165), hit me up if you need a helping hand with coding/web/database management. I got some spare time on my hands.
Yeah 5017, but since youve released stuff that isnt yours in the past, im sorry but i cant take that risk. (talkin about THIS)

Thanks for the offer tho.