Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Project :: CrystalSeven (Next level customization)

Discussion on Project :: CrystalSeven (Next level customization) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 02/22/2014, 17:49   #121

elite*gold: 0
This is a very, very interesting project!

Quote:
bro why not make it different way? dont just change the color, make it look a bit better then this.
This is harded than you think. We wanted to change everything too, starting from models and textures to making new interface. But, it will need a client edit i believe. Which is almost impossible. I mean, you can't just make your own menu, pictures position are pinned to screen, ****. So you have to follow screen position and replace pictures is all you can do . As for login screen, you are allowed to do anything you want, he-he. But, that's a drop if the sea, as we say...

****. I think community needs it's own client, and i'm pretty sure if people will have to pay to get a sources, it will be many sells. I will be one of buyers for sure.

Really, really great work, especially with Zelda-like maplook. Did you guys do it yourself or copied from other games?
Old 02/26/2014, 08:11   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemGM View Post
This is a very, very interesting project!

This is harded than you think. We wanted to change everything too, starting from models and textures to making new interface. But, it will need a client edit i believe. Which is almost impossible. I mean, you can't just make your own menu, pictures position are pinned to screen, damn. So you have to follow screen position and replace pictures is all you can do . As for login screen, you are allowed to do anything you want, he-he. But, that's a drop if the sea, as we say...

Damn. I think community needs it's own client, and i'm pretty sure if people will have to pay to get a sources, it will be many sells. I will be one of buyers for sure.

Really, really great work, especially with Zelda-like maplook. Did you guys do it yourself or copied from other games?
Thank you, yes Indeed its harder than you might think to recreate the gui but in the end its worth it.

I hope we will have the chance to get a custom client in the near future but it doesnt look that good yet.

Zelda like maps? I dont think they look like zelda but i´ve never really played zelda :3

---- C7 Updates ----
  • Crystal Seven Patch Creator²- developing started
  • Bots are more advanced, its getting scary already!
  • Crystal Seven Patch Installer[/COLOR] - Development started

²:
I´ve created a system like the Conquer WDF File storage, wich lets me pack items required for a patch inside one file and re extract them.
I´ll call that File Format CrystalPagackage and it has the extension .crsytal

Includes a very basic consistency check and verification by a special fileheader.

Everything is stored inside the patch.exe and gets extracted on runtime! Woot!
Old 02/26/2014, 09:41   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemGM View Post
Ever hear of TQ's Crazy Tao. Ported the maps over to CO.
Old 02/28/2014, 09:13   #124

*COUGH*

Old 02/28/2014, 15:43   #125

Received Thanks: 1,147
I want a Crystal file to reverse the structure
Old 02/28/2014, 18:50   #126

Here you go :3
Old 03/01/2014, 20:15   #127

-----------------------------------------------

Update:

Mob AI overhaul! "****, Yuki discovered the virtual keyword"

This will make the code so much easier to maintain and the readability will improve by a factor of holy ****³.

Thanks
1 User
Old 03/02/2014, 05:48   #128

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post

Update:

This will make the code so much easier to maintain and the readability will improve by a factor of holy ****³.

YOUR AVATAR! OMG! You sir have won the interwebs for today, hands down.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/02/2014, 16:41   #129

Quote:

Update:

Why on earth would you work on something so advanced as a private server in C# when you don't even know such basic OOP concepts?
Old 03/02/2014, 17:47   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRambo View Post
Why on earth would you work on something so advanced as a private server in C# when you don't even know such basic OOP concepts?
Go ahead, tell me how inheritance isnt oop...

Edit: If you were refering the the quote, that wasn't a serious comment, I thought the "****" gave that away on its own.
Old 03/02/2014, 19:25   #131

Quote:
Go ahead, tell me how inheritance isnt oop...

Edit: If you were refering the the quote, that wasn't a serious comment, I thought the "****" gave that away on its own.
The quote + the screenshot of your classes overriding like a shitload of methods and just calling the base method on all of them without doing anything extra made me think that you were for real. My bad
Old 03/05/2014, 14:45   #132

Extremely Parallel Instancing Core - or just EPIC

Everything can be instanced and cloned across the server. For example: You talk to the Npc "A", you are on Instance "I".
Next to you, there ist a Player "P" on "I".
The Npc logic on "A" dictates it has to jump some fields to the right.
While the "A" jumps, You can see the Jump - "P" cant. For "P", "A" is still on its spawn point on "I". You switched to Instance 2 together with a copy of "A".

Confusing?

Now imagine to code that.

-

MobAI is now fully scriptable and can be changed at runtime - for every AI type.

-

New Map System (needed for EPIC)

PHP Code:
new Map(instanceMapID
For every MapID there will be multiple Map instances based on wich instance you´re on. Can´t really explain that as I cant think of words to put it in.. Language barrier ftw.

Basically it allows much faster Looping though (seperate) collections and extends our instance system in a more clean manner.

-

Location System update (needed for EPIC)

The X and Y positions are also instanced. For example, you enter a dungeon wich creates a copy of the map for you and your team, after that it creates a new instance of the Location Class on your character so it saves the old Position. While you are moving freely in the dungeon, a copy of your char will remain outside and visible but not attackable for other players. Once you leave the dungeon, the previously created Location instance will be disposed and you get your old one assigned as your current one again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2014, 15:15   #133

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Extremely Parallel Instancing Core - or just EPIC

Everything can be instanced and cloned across the server. For example: You talk to the Npc "A", you are on Instance "I".
Next to you, there ist a Player "P" on "I".
The Npc logic on "A" dictates it has to jump some fields to the right.
While the "A" jumps, You can see the Jump - "P" cant. For "P", "A" is still on its spawn point on "I". You switched to Instance 2 together with a copy of "A".

Confusing?

Now imagine to code that.

-

MobAI is now fully scriptable and can be changed at runtime - for every AI type.

-

New Map System (needed for EPIC)

PHP Code:
new Map(instanceMapID
For every MapID there will be multiple Map instances based on wich instance you´re on. Can´t really explain that as I cant think of words to put it in.. Language barrier ftw.

Basically it allows much faster Looping though (seperate) collections and extends our instance system in a more clean manner.

-

Location System update (needed for EPIC)

The X and Y positions are also instanced. For example, you enter a dungeon wich creates a copy of the map for you and your team, after that it creates a new instance of the Location Class on your character so it saves the old Position. While you are moving freely in the dungeon, a copy of your char will remain outside and visible but not attackable for other players. Once you leave the dungeon, the previously created Location instance will be disposed and you get your old one assigned as your current one again.
Sounds a ton like WoW's instancing system, with effects, npcs, quests, mobs, players, everything instancable. It's really cool to see you doing it too
Old 03/05/2014, 15:22   #134

I love the idea, sounds awesome.
Though instancing your character and leaving them at the entrance seems like extra work that is unnecessary, especially if they provide no function.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03/05/2014, 15:44   #135

Quote:
Sounds a ton like WoW's instancing system, with effects, npcs, quests, mobs, players, everything instancable. It's really cool to see you doing it too
Yeah, basically. To be more accurate its like Guild Wars 2.

Quote:
I love the idea, sounds awesome.
Though instancing your character and leaving them at the entrance seems like extra work that is unnecessary, especially if they provide no function.

Just my 2 cents
I think its nice to have! Everyone can check what others are doing

Edit:

Anyone up for code cleanup? LOL

Codemap - Click fullscreen.