Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hello!!

Old 08/29/2013, 22:17   #16

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post

There's also from Embarcadero

Have you read the article? I say this again, PHP is a backend language. You can not build front-end with PHP.

Quote:
The new capability includes a WYSIWYG drag-and-drop mobile interface builder, integration with the Apache projectís Cordova to access native mobile APIs such as those for cameras and accelerometers, and built-in PhoneGap integration so developers can publish native app packages to the various app stores.
The front-end is built through Zend, just connected with the backend directly.

Old 08/29/2013, 23:48   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Emil View Post
Have you read the article? I say this again, PHP is a backend language. You can not build front-end with PHP.

The front-end is built through Zend, just connected with the backend directly.

So this is backend code? Okay.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/30/2013, 00:16   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Emil View Post
Good for you. You are almost certain to work for someone for the rest of your life, something I could never do. I have tried working as a programmer for others, with in-house projects ran by the boss or project mananger, or client work - I hate it. You can't be creative, in most cases you have to do it a certain way, even if it's not the best one - and more often than not you end up with a client that's complete and utterly retarded.
As said, depends on the company you work for. Ask anyone who I've worked with in this community, I'm a HUGE perfectionist. I'll probably be at a very small low-level embedded applications development/research company with a few other ultra-specialized people and sell to corporations or something. However, if I choose to do web development, I could probably do it better than those who don't have the experience I have in other languages. This comes off as bragging, but it's not - I'm speaking from personal experience and knowledge. It's not even about the money; programming is fun and I'm gonna do what I want to do regardless of pay or stability. My entire point is that I am NOT "certain to work for someone for the rest of my life" - I have the option. It's not like web development is the only "happy" and "profitable" career choice related to computer science.
Old 08/30/2013, 12:05   #19

I worked a few months in a company as a C# programmer and boy.. did I learn a lot. You can learn all kinds of things from internet, but what really teaches you, is programming a huge project, that is made by someone else. Yes, the project I programmed, was utter **** at some places, but on the other hand, it applied methods, I did not know even existed or if I did, I did not grasp their true meaning.

So, what I mean, is that, you should try a little bit of everything, to get to higher levels or so to speak, because if all you have done, is code a bit C# in order to make a CO private server, chances are, that the quality of your code is not very high.

Thanks
1 User

« A fresh start... | [Feature Analysis] Rejection Messages »