Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

PServers For Mac

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
PServers For Mac

are there any pservers out there that work on a Mac computer?

Old 08/17/2013, 11:17   #2

No

Old 08/17/2013, 18:08   #3

Never.
Old 08/17/2013, 18:16   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,382
Technically, you could make a source that can run on a mac computer, but all of the sources released currently only work on Windows and Linux. If you run a virtual machine on your mac computer, or if you have that software that allows you to boot into Windows / Linux (Parallel I think it's called), then you could run one that way.

Old 08/17/2013, 18:23   #5

Received Thanks: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Never.
Well, my EoF source works on Mac OS X, and it wouldn't probably be that hard to edit the Mac client to work on a private server...
Old 08/17/2013, 18:29   #6

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Well, my EoF source works on Mac OS X, and it wouldn't probably be that hard to edit the Mac client to work on a private server...
Was just about to mention this

My source also runs on OSX, it is however, completely featureless.

Emulating an operating system for something like an MMO is generally not advisable, lol.
Old 08/17/2013, 19:53   #7

I think he's referring to a playable server, not a server as in running a server.

My source would work on it as well lols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
Technically, you could make a source that can run on a mac computer, but all of the sources released currently only work on Windows and Linux. If you run a virtual machine on your mac computer, or if you have that software that allows you to boot into Windows / Linux (Parallel I think it's called), then you could run one that way.
Uhmm Mono?
Old 08/17/2013, 20:25   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,382
Quote:
I think he's referring to a playable server, not a server as in running a server.

My source would work on it as well lols.

Uhmm Mono?
Oh hey, Mono is for Mac OSX as well. I never knew that but it makes perfect sense now that I think about it.
Old 08/17/2013, 20:31   #9

I was referring to your VM ****.
Old 08/19/2013, 23:13   #10

Quote:
Never.
Playing on a private server from OS X it's possible (did it myself), but running a server on OS X, I agree with you, not actual need of running it under that OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
Actually, if you get rid of the p/invoke and replace all the '\' characters used in Windows for paths with '/' any server would work fine on OS X compiled with mono.

« How can decrease attack Skills? v5700+ | Requesting Help - Patch 5518 - Second RB Aura »