Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

System Timers Question

Discussion on System Timers Question within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/20/2013, 01:08   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
Yeah, but at some point, it does it anyways. Well not removing memory, but calling finalizers, which are supposed to do the memory freeing.
Finalizers are most definitely NOT supposed to free any memory. Unless perhaps you mean unmanaged memory. In which case you should be using the IDisposable pattern anyways. The garbage collector frees memory, finalizers do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
You're better off doing it yourself at some points. Not saying it's necessary in this case, but with streams and such it's highly recommended.
You should only really use the IDisposable pattern to clean up unmanaged resources - closing handles, connections, etc., which is also why the base class of all streams in .NET, Stream, implements the IDisposable interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Deadlocks hardly. Race conditions, not really either. The source I released used one thread per client so they would be fairly rare. Though, a very well known problem would be the collection modified exceptions which is a result of a lack of locks which do exists in most sources.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/20/2013, 12:29   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
One thread per client is exactly when it happens and @ the collections
Read my post again. I didn't give that source a rating, but obviously it would be poorly written. At that time I had no idea how a thread pool would work nor anything about deadlocks or race conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
I totally agree with you. Good thing we have programming gods like you... unlike you I am a mere mortal.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Timers Question
05/07/2013 - CO2 Private Server - 1 Replies
I've been using the following code for specific events to activate things at different times for everyone who is in the event which works fine. But now im looking at using for something different and im wondering if there is a way to make it so that for every new player that goes through this it starts a new "TimerB" for each individual player rather than just altering it for every player thats gone through it? public static System.Timers.Timer TimerB; public static void...
Better way to set Autoinvite timers?
03/09/2013 - CO2 Private Server - 9 Replies
Hello, I'm using a 5672 edited trinity base. There are a lot of auto-invites timers for several events, but it's situated in Threading system, program.cs this is kinda taking a lot of RAMs (+150mb on 0 players), even with a powerful host, ping is 200-500, it use to be less than 100 on other sources. Do you suggest a better way to deal with these timers? to be honest, i've no idea what to do
Old Timers
10/03/2012 - Shaiya Private Server - 10 Replies
Hey there Epvp been awhile sense i been around just looking around here. To see if i can find any old guildys or players from either Shaiya Evo or Shaiya Abso. My char name i used on those 2 was Syn or other variations of Syn for alt toons. On Evo i was guild leader of Requiem and on Abso i was guild leader of Damnation. So if any of u reconize the name or guilds from those servers hit me up looking to try and connect with some of u guys and gals from the past.
[Question/Request]Halo Timers
01/19/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 5 Replies
has anyone made the save halo timer and if so could they be kindly and release it. ty
Mission Timers?
11/10/2008 - Ace Online / AirRivals - 15 Replies
Ive seen it said a few times that you can slow down the mission timer for missions such as the Lv.8 Mission, and the ANI Lv.27 Mission. Others claim such things are impossible :P What im really looking to know is... Is it Possible?, and How long can you remain in the mission map? Im trying to use Cheat Engine 5.3 but i dont really got the hang of it yet. and a little explination on how this works would be really helpful. Please, and Thank You? :)