Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Adding new custom monsters

Discussion on Adding new custom monsters within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Adding new custom monsters

Original Question:
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the bother, I'm looking into adding a completely new monster from a different game for testing (.C3,.DDS). Eventually I may create my own monsters.

So, I added an entry pointing to the monster's C3 in the 3dobj.ini, and an entry for the DDS to 3dtexture.ini, created an entry for both in the 3DSimpleObj.ini, and then linked the typeID from the 3DSimpleObj.ini to the monster.dat's typeID. I Then used the monster's typeID for the lookface on the SQL server, the monster seems to be invisible. Am I missing any steps? Do I need to edit any additional files? I've been driving myself insane looking throughout the ini and ani folders lol.

Anyone have any luck adding additional monsters to the game? Anyone know of a guide or a procedure they use to go about adding new monsters?

Thank you for all your help.

EDIT:
I have located several threads about it:

It looks like the tool used to extract the additional files are the WDB-Extractor and DBC converter from the second link provided. CptSky has several tools that are useful.

Use the WDB-Extractor to extract the DBC files, convert the DBC files into txt files. Edit the txt files and convert them back into DBC.

So far, the custom monsters are added, but they are lacking proper animations and circle around. I referenced all C3 files in the 3dmotion.dbc and 3dmotion.ini files. I messed up somewhere, I'll keep looking through my 3dmotion.dbc and 3dmotion.ini, if anyone knows what I could be missing let me know.

Thank you for your help.
Old 07/04/2013, 18:59   #2

Anyone know of a way to animate the creatures? Where do we add all the animations and link them to the monster? I have already added all the .c3 animations into 3dmotion files.

Right now the monsters spin around and stay in one spot and sometimes teleport when I get off screen, so must be something I missed. Also the client refreshes are random, the monster's name appear in random spots when I move, so I must be missing some communication between server and client as well.

I'm hoping I can figure this out and have a system of creating monsters, we can add a step by step guide, so others will know too.
Old 07/04/2013, 20:26   #3

the first thread you listed was made by me long time ago when i was studying conquer online and eo online clients, and sadly i did not found a way to create c3 files from scratch that will work on co, but i manage to replace the one i got with eo and it works but not perfect, you see each monster have his own list of .c3 lets say

1.c3 makes the monster walk
2.c3 makes the monster attack the way how he should

and if you want to get a monster from eo to co you need to make sure both monsters have the same amount of .c3 files but still there is 70% chance that the actions of the monster will be a bit you know "****** up"

but i will try to study this more to see if i can come up with something and if i do i will let you know.

but the monsters are in c3/monster and i am sure there is more steps to make a correct version of a monster.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2013, 20:50   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
There is no way to edit or create custom meshes that involve animation in conquer. No such plugin exists publicly.

As such you cannot create custom models or animations for anything visible ingame that has skeletal data. Monsters, armors, garments, steeds, etc cannot be made from scratch or edited.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2013, 21:12   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
the first thread you listed was made by me long time ago when i was studying conquer online and eo online clients, and sadly i did not found a way to create c3 files from scratch that will work on co, but i manage to replace the one i got with eo and it works but not perfect, you see each monster have his own list of .c3 lets say

1.c3 makes the monster walk
2.c3 makes the monster attack the way how he should

and if you want to get a monster from eo to co you need to make sure both monsters have the same amount of .c3 files but still there is 70% chance that the actions of the monster will be a bit you know "fucked up"

but i will try to study this more to see if i can come up with something and if i do i will let you know.

but the monsters are in c3/monster and i am sure there is more steps to make a correct version of a monster.
I see, that makes sense as a workaround. There must be a file or something that links the animations properly. I guess if it's actually in the client binaries, I may have to get into more debugging and assembly language type deals. Though it seems like the main .C3 also links to the other .C3s in itself which could explain why it's almost impossible to get custom monsters if we can't edit the C3s to properly link to its animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
There is no way to edit or create custom meshes that involve animation in conquer. No such plugin exists publicly.

As such you cannot create custom models or animations for anything visible ingame that has skeletal data. Monsters, armors, garments, steeds, etc cannot be made from scratch or edited.
Hmm...I see, that sucks, so the monsters will just need to be edited (textures and looks but not general shape). I'll look into how pcs_ffchen added characters as NPCs and see if there might be a work around for creating custom monsters.

The main .C3 files links the other .C3 (animation) files to it? I guess that might explain it and how even editing anything on the client wouldn't work properly :/ I still won't give up, nothing is impossible.
Old 07/04/2013, 21:57   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadysmalls View Post
I see, that makes sense as a workaround. There must be a file or something that links the animations properly. I guess if it's actually in the client binaries, I may have to get into more debugging and assembly language type deals. Though it seems like the main .C3 also links to the other .C3s in itself which could explain why it's almost impossible to get custom monsters if we can't edit the C3s to properly link to its animations.

Hmm...I see, that sucks, so the monsters will just need to be edited (textures and looks but not general shape). I'll look into how pcs_ffchen added characters as NPCs and see if there might be a work around for creating custom monsters.

The main .C3 files links the other .C3 (animation) files to it? I guess that might explain it and how even editing anything on the client wouldn't work properly :/ I still won't give up, nothing is impossible.
Yes C3s control models, rigging, animation and texture mapping across multiple files.

The file structures are reasonably well documented but I've not delved into making them display animations properly. Assuming you can do that I don't see a reason why you could not write your own 3dsmax plugin or w/e.

The problem is that the current plugin only works for eudemons. It will load conquer files just fine but the structure is not quite the same so it screws up a lot of the rigging and animation data and that's why you cannot edit them and why they look horrible if imported from eud to co.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2013, 09:40   #7

u can create mounts , monsters , npcs but they will be floating and will not apply ont he motion files of Conquer Online but u can edit monsters, monsters, garments and armors by alpha channel editing it's the best

i've created a Flying rocket once as an example just used 1 texture file and the model and placing it right under the character like that :

that rocket is flying of the ground and yes i said flying so it will move like charm with no need of motion files but if i mod a bear let's say then i have to move it's leg and that's impossible that's the whole idea.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2013, 13:14   #8

Edit:

I've just created a monster minion from league of legend it'll move but it'll slide see the video below

if u want that model you will find it in attachments.

P.s: u can make the monster to animate like going up and down mean like to animate the model itself not a motion file.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Minion.rar (38.7 KB, 67 views)
Thanks
2 Users