Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Developement] Heard of SwordArtOnline?

Discussion on [Developement] Heard of SwordArtOnline? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Development] Heard of SwordArtOnline?

Okay, I'm getting really sick of all this development I've been saying I'm going to make, and so yeah I did progress a bit. But people I stick with isn't much active. Now it's summer vacation, and I still can't host a server on my internet, guess what? I don't give a crap anymore.

So going on topic again, a friend of mine gave me this great idea of him dreaming to be able to play a game like Sword Art online, so I asked couple of friends that has watched the whole series, and yeah they would love to play something like that. Now then, I didn't have much clue about it, so I had to watch it myself. I must say, it's just inspirational!

So how about it? What I need is people working with me, to give me the motivation to keep coding. Coding alone? Holy shit that's demotivating (refer to my previous projects, most of them are still ongoing whenever I feel like it).

What I have thought of adding so far that is unique:

Now I know we can pull this off, and here's a list of what "WE" need:
NEAT Version:

Crappy looking one with description and comments:

Here's a list of what I can do by myself:
- HTML/PHP/CSS/SQL Coding for website
- Photoshop Webdesigning
- 3D Modelling, yes I can make weps etc + skills effect (sort of)
- C#/C++/Java programming. Uhh, I did AstaCo
- Think of great unique features to add for getting attention .. lol
- Managing staff members all alike (MODs GM's however you want to call it)
- I have All summer vacation. So much time I can sit in the toilet for 2 hours.

Now however gets interested and wants to participate in this project, let me know here by replying + adding my skype

oh btw I am doing this because I have too much time and is extremely bored ;]

Old 06/21/2013, 08:57   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakejoe67 View Post
Here's a list of what I can do by myself:
- C#/C++/Java programming. Uhh, I did AstaCo
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/21/2013, 20:04   #3

The Death Penalty will never work out in an actual game. Also instead of doing this in Conquer, why not make it an actual game?
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/21/2013, 23:23   #4

The time and resources for it takes too much, and I don't have the motivation to do so. That simple of an answer is what you will get.
Old 06/22/2013, 11:34   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
the only appealing aspect of SAO was that it was reality for the players, other than that it's a standard mmo like WoW.
Old 06/22/2013, 21:54   #6

Well, on WoW and most other MMO's you can pretty much solo just about everything. And you only discover unique sets from dungeons etc.

However I want to change that, discovery makes adventure, MMO + RPG appeals most in adventure parts. And who doesn't like thrillers?
Old 06/22/2013, 23:41   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Well, on WoW and most other MMO's you can pretty much solo just about everything. And you only discover unique sets from dungeons etc.

However I want to change that, discovery makes adventure, MMO + RPG appeals most in adventure parts. And who doesn't like thrillers?
You can't do "discovery" on CO without re-creating the entire game, which goes back to the point of just making an entirely new game. And I don't see your point about soloing everything, Kirito most OP character 2012
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/22/2013, 23:56   #8

So you just will create this game out of boredom? You will waste your time on the game, what if your motivation stops will you just shut down the server without giving a single ****? I'm not really sure how to explain this, but you're doing this server just by force?

I don't think that you have what it takes to create co private server with custom story and almost re-changing the game. Plus the way you treat people, hmm, I don't like it. Your attitude is bad tho, don't understand me wrong but you don't have the requirements to be a project manager. Don't rage, i'm just telling you what I feel.

But yeh, whatever, good luck!
Old 06/23/2013, 02:51   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
You can't do "discovery" on CO without re-creating the entire game, which goes back to the point of just making an entirely new game. And I don't see your point about soloing everything, Kirito most OP character 2012
That's eactly what I'm doing, mobs/items/skills will be re-created. I know it's possible, done it and confirmed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmist View Post
So you just will create this game out of boredom? You will waste your time on the game, what if your motivation stops will you just shut down the server without giving a single shit? I'm not really sure how to explain this, but you're doing this server just by force?

I don't think that you have what it takes to create co private server with custom story and almost re-changing the game. Plus the way you treat people, hmm, I don't like it. Your attitude is bad tho, don't understand me wrong but you don't have the requirements to be a project manager. Don't rage, i'm just telling you what I feel.

But yeh, whatever, good luck!
Yeah, you got a point there, but no once I got my team I doubt I'm that easily unmotivated, I worked alone on AstaCo for a long time despite having many down sides on it. Didn't stop until I was unable to "host" anymore.

And I do know I have what it takes to re-change most of the game + making story, if you do not believe so you may visit my AstaCo thread and consider again.

but yeah, thanks.
Old 06/23/2013, 03:24   #10

Quote:

Yeah, you got a point there, but no once I got my team I doubt I'm that easily unmotivated, I worked alone on AstaCo for a long time despite having many down sides on it. Didn't stop until I was unable to "host" anymore.

And I do know I have what it takes to re-change most of the game + making story, if you do not believe so you may visit my AstaCo thread and consider again.

but yeah, thanks.
Just to let you know, i'm developing 3D mmorpg all by myself, I wrote story long 48 pdf sites, i'm creating 3D models by myself, i'm designing the level by myself and I program/script the game all by myself. =P

I just checked your advertisement, so you created your own classes or what?

P.S: Here are some plans I have for my game, they are only for my eyes atm:

And here is something I brought to life, alot has to be done but yeh just for now (Don't laugh at my drawing skills. =P)

Old 06/25/2013, 01:37   #11

It's amazing I have to say.

but what I have in mind doesn't require that much of skill to work out.
Yeah, I created my custom classes with custom skills. I did not make new armor/weapons for them other than custom weapons/3D model for it.
Old 06/25/2013, 02:48   #12

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Choose a source to work on, not going to waste time to start scratch OR we can actually use my source I used for AstaCo (5017 stable, almost all of it recoded). There's alot of custom stuff in there, we can make use of it. If we choose this, then we can start off pretty quickly. Else I'll have to learn myself a new source, uhh like where stuff lies and how each function works that has been coded. Time craving seriously.
With a mindset like that, having to rely on **** code (most of the releases, that's somewhat completed) and is fine with that just because it works - you're wasting your time completely. Better start at the other end then and actually learning programming instead of trial and error when copy+pasting.

Not meaning to put you down or anything just an advice I wish I took long time ago.
Old 06/26/2013, 01:17   #13

Why recode something from scratch when you've already done it once? Why not continue on a source you coded yourself? And why would I need to copy paste all the time in my own source? And also, how come I don't learn anything from coding on my source? o_O

Why would you go through 500 formulas to get to a result when you can use 5?

Now really we're going offtopic. Anyway, we've got 3 people now. 2 more to go before I even start at anything.
Old 06/26/2013, 01:36   #14

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Why recode something from scratch when you've already done it once? Why not continue on a source you coded yourself? And why would I need to copy paste all the time in my own source? And also, how come I don't learn anything from coding on my source? o_O

Why would you go through 500 formulas to get to a result when you can use 5?

Now really we're going offtopic. Anyway, we've got 3 people now. 2 more to go before I even start at anything.
Because you are not trying new methods and ways to achieve objectives.

Noone to blame for that but yourself.
Old 06/26/2013, 03:28   #15

If you want my opinion not that you have a choice ha-ha, SAO concept in a CO Server is like uhm... ****. Also this will never launch.
Thanks
2 Users