Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] All Members Opinion

Discussion on [Discussion] All Members Opinion within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/17/2013, 22:37   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
some ppl like games w/o donations
some ppl like games w/o caring about donations(well, maybe a bit)
some ppl like game where they can donate to get better faster

just leave it as that. i'm the second one, dread looks like the first one, LordGragen as far as i know contacted -impulse- to code stuff by him, so i would say he is like the third kind of player.

it's just that there are different points of view
how am i 3rd kind of person if in my project the only thing you can donate is garment without any power? i hate games when donation makes you overpowerd. and i only pay for fun and to kill time so if i was trying to milk people i would of open a server right now and sell full +12 account.

i have been working with many coders in this forum and the only thing i pay for is to bring my crazy ideas to live, i am sure who ever i am working with can tell that to.

but here is the thing

but this dude is saying you don't need a donate system,

no donate system = no money
and no money = close project in 1 month

now tell me how is a player going to enjoy when he spend few weeks making good account to play and its gone in 1 month,

am i wrong?

no its just his pride is killing him that's why his saying oh no i am not wrong you don't need donation system.

i am sry shadow for the off topic **** you can ask for cleaning from a mod.
Old 06/17/2013, 23:39   #32

elite*gold: 28
There have been servers that have survived longer than a month without donations.

Donations are not essential to keep a server alive.
Old 06/18/2013, 00:07   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
There have been servers that have survived longer than a month without donations.

Donations are not essential to keep a server alive.
well it is essential to keep a server alive if you can't effort paying for the vps on your own
you both got a point , and i don't agree fully to unbalanced donation system but so far it have proven me wrong
almost 50 new player was asking me how much they can donate for a full gears and highest level (and they was willing to pay) which i didn't agree for , the result was closing nextco after not being able to pay the bill of the third month
if i can get back the time i was to do the same thing , it's all about what you want from the start , cash or a better server
but still he got a point as i didn't really like how everyone who spent weeks making gears did lose everything because he wasn't donating
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/18/2013, 01:24   #34

thats what iam afraid from ? i dont get donations so the step after is closing my server then the players lose their Effort , Time on my server ....if i had enough money i would Pay with my own money just for server surivial but Giving Donator super special items , features just for server servival is smthing ill never accept Donation would smthing like :-
1 - dbs
2 - Vip Features
3 - maybe Rare Garments

rather than that i wont .. No +12 gears , Not giving player max level for money ... **** these ****** Servers .i wont Ruin my own Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
some ppl like games w/o donations
some ppl like games w/o caring about donations(well, maybe a bit)
some ppl like game where they can donate to get better faster
surely there wont be any server that doesnt have donations part.. cuz Donations are what makes the server alive .. thats y its called donation
Old 06/18/2013, 01:41   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman123 View Post
thats what iam afraid from ? i dont get donations so the step after is closing my server then the players lose their Effort , Time on my server ....if i had enough money i would Pay with my own money just for server surivial but Giving Donator super special items , features just for server servival is smthing ill never accept Donation would smthing like :-
1 - dbs
2 - Vip Features
3 - maybe Rare Garments

rather than that i wont .. No +12 gears , Not giving player max level for money ... **** these ****** Servers .i wont Ruin my own Server

surely there wont be any server that doesnt have donations part.. cuz Donations are what makes the server alive .. thats y its called donation
most of people of who i know does playing private servers to feel they are better or atleast equivalent to others, to get that kind of players who will donate to keep the server alive or donate to an balanced sensible donation will take longer than you expect, most likely a couple of months, so even if it's a 50 50 chance it will survive it will still worth trying, i would rather play in a decent server for months and lose everything (ex. what happened at l2h) than spending a year in a stupid ordinary server

sooner or later all private servers close, that's why i insist it's worth trying
Old 06/18/2013, 03:13   #36

elite*gold: 28

I'm bored now.

You need to be able to sustain your own server without depending on other people.
Old 06/18/2013, 03:20   #37

Quote:

I'm bored now.

You need to be able to sustain your own server without depending on other people.
that's true but it's not real (atleast not in egypt)
my uncle in vegas gets 25$/hr, in egypt he was getting what's equivalent to 428$/month which is 0.74$/hr (all in dollar), that should explain alot of to why egys are using unbalanced donations to gain money from private servers and to keep there servers alive

edit : but your point is still perfectly valid about stupid +12 2 soc garments and stuff like that
Old 06/18/2013, 03:21   #38

Quote:

I'm bored now.

Wrong at so many point of views.

It's impossible to run a server without depending on anyone. You're depending on all your players, without your players the server is not worth running. As for development I kinda agree, however sometimes it's better to work at as team.

As this is regarding payment of a server then when the server is new I agree with your point, however when the server gets popular and requires newer and better servers then the prices also gets more expensive, thus meaning you'll have to put more money into it. I don't see donation in servers a problem, I just find it a problem that it's the only thing server owners think of. They just open a server to get a few bucks and then closes it again. The real problem is not that the servers have donations, but that it's some ridiculous donations they have lol.
Old 06/18/2013, 03:36   #39

Quote:

I'm bored now.

i didnt depend on ppls .. im only having Discussion with them or at least getting their opinion

i guess this can be Closed Now since i knew what iam going to do ..Thx Every1
Old 06/18/2013, 03:45   #40

about those donations .. its a tough one. the WoW system is the one i like the most. Everyone pays a bit, everyone gets the same .. anyway i dont know if it would work for conquer too, or a private server ..
Old 06/18/2013, 03:51   #41

All i have to say is that no class is OP.
Shows a lot when you do know how to play a class
Try balancing out the damage cal. and also try adding
cool downs with "certain" skills, so that they don't have to
spam and be a noob about it.
Regardless of this opinion, this is YOUR server, do whatever
you want with it.
Old 06/18/2013, 07:03   #42

Quote:
Not offering player advantages against others for money will destroy the game?

It would destroy the game because it wouldn't be able to be hosted anymore due toe the hosting company not accepting smilies and happiness.
Old 06/18/2013, 11:27   #43

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
#closed
Closed Thread