Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Proof of Concept - A player treated as a NPC (thought to be "impossible")

Discussion on Proof of Concept - A player treated as a NPC (thought to be "impossible") within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Proof of Concept - A player treated as a NPC (thought to be "impossible")

Most people would think this is impossible, and although it took us very long to achieve this, it's finally been done.

Good bye normally spawned NPCs, no more ugly just simple-textured NPCs:

Our next major update will be completely replacing all of the NPCs we currently have with these more player-like NPCs.
Thanks
12 Users
Old 05/31/2013, 04:46   #2

Isn't that relative simple to do (simple as in not advanced; not time consuming)? xD I can think of a few ways to achieve this, but even so it's unique and again a very good job from your side. Looking forward to more!
Old 05/31/2013, 04:51   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Isn't that relative simple to do (simple as in not advanced; not time consuming)? xD I can think of a few ways to achieve this, but even so it's unique and again a very good job from your side. Looking forward to more!
It's in no way easy from my experiences because when writing V3 this is something I wanted to do but found no simple way of achieving, give it a shot and try and see what you come up with. Now that I've looked over the implementation there are a few things this video doesn't show such as npcs can be flipped back into mobs (aka attackable).

(@Bauss) I'm assuming your way of doing this was doing the armor/equipment through npcs.ini or whatever that client side file is, and then possibly respawning the "npc" as a monster (with identical gear) if you wanted to toggle between the two?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/31/2013, 04:55   #4

Actually rethinking it, the way I though wouldn't work either. At least not "real" xD Uhmm guess I'm out of ideas, but I'd like to give it a try some time
Old 05/31/2013, 07:54   #5

elite*gold: 28
Enjoying these.
Old 05/31/2013, 11:09   #6

You are using the Entity Spawn packet for the player/npc right? just one question how are you able to get a reply back from the client when clicking on the guard?
Old 05/31/2013, 11:18   #7

yah its a good idea changing all npcs to character type, it can bring the game to more Alive,

it should be fun making them walk around but not to farm just like 1-2 foot per npc it will be wonderful thing.
Old 05/31/2013, 14:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shunsui- View Post
You are using the Entity Spawn packet for the player/npc right? just one question how are you able to get a reply back from the client when clicking on the guard?
I assume you would need some kind of hooking method to achieve this.
Old 05/31/2013, 14:21   #9

hooking left clicking to do what u want it to do, lol good luck is all I have to say, that's one of the reasons I said it was impossible, I assume the "impossible" part was directed at me
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/31/2013, 15:13   #10

Yeah, I assume GetMessage() from the Win API is pretty much useless when it comes to this as well.
Old 05/31/2013, 18:04   #11

Ha, I love it.

I've never actually heard of this whole player=npc=player idea, seems interesting enough.

@Infamous
You should know better than saying something is impossible

@Bauss
Even though in theory it could work, that's probably one of the most retarded ideas for this so far.
Old 05/31/2013, 18:17   #12

well obviously I know it's not impossible, but anyone who took the time to shred through all that asm has way too much time
Old 05/31/2013, 18:22   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
well obviously I know it's not impossible, but anyone who took the time to shred through all that asm has way too much time
I was under the impression this was accomplished without client-side modifications ;o

Hence.. why.. this was so cool.

And while you're messing around in the client, I'd love to see chat colours brought back.
Old 05/31/2013, 18:31   #14

it's not really me doing it, but I can suggest it to them... lol I haven't touched reverse engineering at all, I came home late thursday and just around when I got in was linked to the video before when it was being posted
Old 05/31/2013, 18:56   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Ha, I love it.

I've never actually heard of this whole player=npc=player idea, seems interesting enough.

@Infamous
You should know better than saying something is impossible

@Bauss
Even though in theory it could work, that's probably one of the most retarded ideas for this so far.
Hence why I said it was useless *****