Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Albetros PS] Client Login Issues

Discussion on [Albetros PS] Client Login Issues within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Albetros PS] Client Login Issues

Okay, so I've searched the forums for some help on this, and I saw Fang's , and I attempted to do a screenshot that also shows the data I have in the files that connect the client and server...

If the issue I am having is the 1059 packet, I'm not sure how to fix this. I looked at the conquerwiki.com page, and I see the table with the "1059" packet, but I don't really know what I am supposed to do with it. I also saw someone comment out this:
Code:
client = new Player(client.Client);
                //TODO: Add ipban/connection limit/ddos protection 
                Player user = client as Player;
                //user.PasswordSeed = new Random().Next(100000, 90000000);
                //PasswordSeedPacket seed = new PasswordSeedPacket(user.PasswordSeed);
                //user.Send(&seed, seed.Size);
                // return false to deny
So, I tried doing the same thing, and it still ends up with the black screen with no loading bar. I have checked the firewall, port forwarded, made sure the "config" files were correct and using the right ports, but I am still having this issue. Is anyone able to help with this?
Old 05/06/2013, 20:33   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
#1: This belongs in the albetros FAQ thread if you have a question regarding that source.

#2: You cannot edit the source using notepad. To make any changes you need to use visual studio, open the project, edit the files and then re-compile the source.

#3: No changes need to be made to the source in order to log in. There IS a client issue in that version though where you sometimes need to log in twice (If it shows you connecting to login server then times out after like 10 seconds just click login again and you'll get into the game)

Your server appears to be loading without any errors which means any issues connecting are related to port forwarding done incorrectly. If you use a local or hamachi IP will it work? It's always best to start small and work your way up. Once you are confident everything is working for standard login then you can worry about port forwarding so you can host with your external IP address.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/06/2013, 20:53   #3

People really need to learn how to debug.
Old 05/06/2013, 21:22   #4

#1: I wasn't aware I needed to SPECIFICALLY be in the Albetros FAQ thread, this is the main CO2 private server question forum, so that is why I posted it here.

#2: I did not edit the source in Notepad. I brought Notepad up because it was easier to show the data in the files, so don't assume.

#3: I think my issue is the Port Forwarding, I did it before and it worked on another Private server I was messing with, but this one isn't working to port foward. I can get the game to load using my local IP. I'm not sure if it's because of my router, the way it uses port forwarding, or what. I wasn't sure if I needed to use the Hamachi IP and the ports, or my local IP and the ports, but it wouldn't allow me to use the Hamachi IP. So-- I assume I'm not doing it correctly, or something it not enabled with my networking on my computer. Any suggestions? Or Should I just stop replying here and make a whole new thread in your "Albetros FAQ?"
Old 05/06/2013, 21:38   #5

It doesn't really matter, I just generally prefer things in the faq thread as it lets me answer all questions in 1 place (and then it's there for other people with similar problems). This thread is already made though so it's no big deal.

Port forwarding directs external connections on a specific port to a local machine on a specific port. This means you must use your internal ip address (169.254.1.x, 192.168.1.x, 10.0.0.x, etc). Assuming this is set up properly then connecting to the server should at LEAST show up in your login server (should show login requests in the login console). Assuming that works then it's a matter of forwarding to the game server address and ip. This means you must edit the settings for the login server to be the correct IP and port that you are forwarding in your router as well as accepting in the game server (what port it's listening on)

But yes, this sounds like a port forwarding/router issue to me rather than any issue with the source. You might want to look at portforward.com for more help with your specific router.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2013, 06:52   #6

Alright, I decided to leave the port forwarding issue for now. What I was wanting was to be able to learn from the code, but I have some questions if you don't mind answering.. I've searched the forums and all the questions I have seem to not be answered or are spread randomly everywhere, and when I think I've found something, I haven't. And I know a lot of these questions are probably answered somewhere, but I've seriously been sifting through these forums for hours only to find like one or two answers I needed, and I'd greatly appreciate some help finding the answers to this simple stuff... I'm doing this to try to brush up on and learn more of C#.

First of all, I am using Navicat to edit the database tables... Could you tell me (whichever is shorter) which tables will or will not work 100% by just editing the tables? For example, I know there may be something else to editing mobs than just changing the values in "monsterinfos" and "mobspawns" because when I tried to change the name of "Guard1" to anything else, the HP bar disappears from the guards. Is there something else I have to edit? I also cannot get the spawn command to work.

Next, I saw you mentioned in one of your posts that to edit NPCs, you need to open the NPC files such as "1.npc"-- I can edit those in Notepad, correct? And I don't need to do anything else?

3rd, I was trying to find a list of item IDs and names, but the one I found is not up to date, do I need to somehow extract the itemtype.dat file into a text? If so, how do I do that? I tried download some itemtype.dat editors, one seemed to be what I was looking for, but it kept giving me an error, and I couldn't make it open the "itemtype.dat" file.

I have also been getting a couple errors in the Game Server console:
"Unhandled Item location type: 13"
"Unhandled Item location type: 14"
"Error: unhandled general data type: XpClear"

I'm not sure that they are affecting me in any way that I can tell, but I didn't know if there was something I should fix here to stop this from happening?

I also read that you have to edit the "emoneyshop" file in Debug->Misc to change the Shopping Mall contents, correct? Do I need to change anything in "Shop.dat"?

I hope it's okay that I ask these questions; I'm just trying to get some help as I said, I've been searching the forums and I've only been confused by some of the "Guides" and also not finding info that I need. I think if I can figure out how to get the itemtype.dat readable (as it looks encrypted or chinese, I can't remember which it was) then I can be perfectly fine there, and same with the NPCs and mobs. I'm pretty good at looking through the code to figure out what stuff does, but I just need a bit of help with that... Thanks for reading this and helping if you will.
Old 05/07/2013, 07:07   #7

The vast majority of things are controlled by the database tables. Most things will require you to mirror your changes client side though. That's why NPC names will not work for you. They must match between client and server or the client will not display them properly.

Yes, you can edit the npc scripts using notepad or other simple text editors. They are loaded whenever you click npcs meaning you can edit them while the server is still running and have access to any registered npc functions (look in the npc handler code, there's plenty in there) as well as methods and variables in the Client class.

All IDs and names should be in the database. This includes things like items, skills, map names, spawns and monsters. Some other things can be found in the client files for things such as titles.

Editing shops needs you to edit a few things.

Shops controls what items are listed in each shop (edit client and server)
Emoneyshop controls what items are listed in mall/cp shops (edit client and server)
itemtype.dat controls the cost of items client side
itemtype table controls the cost of the items server side.

All 4 must be updated for everything to take effect properly.

Those errors you're describing is mostly debugging information to help locate where there were issues in the source. Those ones shouldn't be causing problems but I couldn't say as I haven't touched the source in a very long time.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2013, 07:35   #8

Thanks very much for that info!

I see that in the database, "spellinfo" contains the IDs and names for skills, although I'd say 95% of the names say "Unknown", but I'm sure I can figure those out myself.

I looked in "items" it contains a registry of existing items on the server, I believe... (It's a very small list with IDs linking to my account)

"itemaddition" contained 11 pages of entries that look like items, but there are no names, just IDs (not sure what this is).

"itemrefine" is empty, "item" is empty.

"itemtype" seems to contain all the items IDs and names that I was looking for.

"cq_map" contains the maps and IDs.

So, I was able to find those things, thanks!

Also, I saw a thread or post about adding new items...
If I want to add a new item, something simple, for example.. A new type of scroll, Should I just need to add a new ID (possibly close to that of another gate scroll) and just change the values, or do I also need to edit other files than the "itemtype.dat" table? You mentioned editing both clientside and serverside, is this an instance in which I need to do both?

Also, I was trying to get "ReviveHere" to work, I assumed the code for it would be near the regular "Revive" code, but I didn't see it. Does this have anything to do with it?:

I appreciate you helping me out; I think once I get this basic stuff, I will be fine.

Edit: I also noticed another error just now, which I believe disconnects my character from the server afterwards. When it happened, I was not "active" on the client. Is this something that was done on purpose?

"Unhandled packet type[1033] from player[Eteru]"
"Unhandled packet type[1037] from player[Eteru]"

Also, I tried editing the ShopKeeper in TwinCity, I edited Shop.dat both in client and in GameServer folder. I also edited "npcs" in the database, the only thing that seems to change is the name after altering "npcs" in the database. This is what I changed in Shop.dat:

And I also changed the header so that it displayed the correct number of "shops"... But When I click the NPC, the shop is blank.