Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

5017 coding questions (:

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
5017 coding questions (:

Hello!

I've got some noobish question for 5017 coding. I'm sorry about that, but i have to know it^^

1. How to make monsters move and attack? my just stand in the world like retards..

2. How to remove ALL drops like silver/gold, items..

3. How to add auto silver in inventory by a kill?

4. Is there already a 100% working market vending released?

5. Is it possible to add a new quality? If yes, how?

Ok thats all for now =P

Old   #2

Quote:
1. How to make monsters move and attack? my just stand in the world like retards..
most likely it's the mobs attacking/detecting range and maybe try using a normal account not a gm/pm , else you need to do some break points
2. How to remove ALL drops like silver/gold, items..
trace it in your source , handlers -> attack packet -> (if attack >= hitpoints) -> monster die -> it drops item/gold and gives exp
then remove all the drops , else search reversely (search for the drop function then check who(what events) calls it and go there and remove what you don't want)

3. How to add auto silver in inventory by a kill?
i duno what source you are using but in general , dropping is more complicated that adding in inventory , in general it's client.entity.gold += amount of gold or client.gold += amount of gold , it depends on your properties
tell me what source you are using , ill download it and spoon-feed you

4. Is there already a 100% working market vending released?
yes there is a 100% working market vending released , it's not that complicated
5. Is it possible to add a new quality? If yes, how?
i don't think it's possible or atleast not possible for me , it's pretty easy to add that to the server side but it need some asm skills to add it to the client side and no one would waste time doin that
answers are in blod

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,307
Pretty sure new qualities are pretty simple. I remember a number of servers had it.

Keep in mind you'd need to add new item ID's for every single item in the game which to do properly would require a decent batch itemtype editor.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Pretty sure new qualities are pretty simple. I remember a number of servers had it.

Keep in mind you'd need to add new item ID's for every single item in the game which to do properly would require a decent batch itemtype editor.
Ye i thought the same, so it's possible to creat a new item with improved stats new name and also new glow behind the item and also new name color like purple or something like that?

Old   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,307
Creating new items is very easy. The issue is how you are going to ID them.

Currently the last digit in an item ID represents the quality and Supers are currently 9. You cannot use 10 (well... you can but it will be 0 or else you mess up the item ID) so it will make many of your item calculations more costly as a result.

Creating an itemtype batch editor to add a new item quality for every item in game (using say quality 0 or 1 for your new type, OR convert the numbering scheme currently sued by the game completely) and then change what qualities are handled by the client. You should be able to just add a new DDS effect for the glow behind items and it will apply it to any item that ends in quality ID x much like refined->super does now.

Lots of work but nothing that requires a huge amount of reverse engineering.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:

Currently the last digit in an item ID represents the quality and Supers are currently 9. You cannot use 10 (well... you can but it will be 0 or else you mess up the item ID) so it will make many of your item calculations more costly as a result.

Creating an itemtype batch editor to add a new item quality for every item in game (using say quality 0 or 1 for your new type, OR convert the numbering scheme currently sued by the game completely) and then change what qualities are handled by the client. You should be able to just add a new DDS effect for the glow behind items and it will apply it to any item that ends in quality ID x much like refined->super does now.

Ok thaks so far. I'm gonna try that..

I got another noobish question lol..

Quote:
if (MyChar.InventoryContains(722000, 1) && MyChar.InventoryContains(722001,1) && MyChar.InventoryContains(722002, 1))
It means my Inventory HAS to have these items for anything.. BUT i would like to change it that you need to have one of these 3 items to recive anything, but idk how lol
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuscheli View Post
I got another noobish question lol..

It means my Inventory HAS to have these items for anything.. BUT i would like to change it that you need to have one of these 3 items to recive anything, but idk how lol
Replace && with ||
**** that was hard
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Quote:

i didn't really get all of what you said
but what i think is , client shows effects for qualities depending on there last digit at itemtype
ex. for a refind item it ends with 6 , which shows the item blueish on the ground and blueish with some special effect (that effect of ref/uni/eli/super)
so if i somehow managed to create the dds effect , how ill link both in the client ?
in another words , if the superduper effect is green , how to link that superduper to the new dds ?
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Replace && with ||
**** that was hard
Ye, extremely hard.

But how to code it that only one of these 3 items will be removed? >.< Yes i'm a totally noob..
Old   #10

Code:
if (MyChar.InventoryContains(722000, 1) || MyChar.InventoryContains(722001,1) || 
MyChar.InventoryContains(722002, 1)) {
	for(int i = 722000; i < 722003;i++){
		if(MyChar.HasItem(i)){
			MyChar.RemoveItem(i);
			break;
		}
        }
}
PS : If you want to host your own server you might want to learn the basics of programming beforehand .
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.unreal View Post
Code:
if (MyChar.InventoryContains(722000, 1) || MyChar.InventoryContains(722001,1) || 
MyChar.InventoryContains(722002, 1)) {
		if(MyChar.HasItem(i)){
			MyChar.RemoveItem(i);
			break;
		}
        }
}
PS : If you want to host your own server you might want to learn the basics of programming beforehand .
if(MyChar.HasItem(i)){
MyChar.RemoveItem(i);
break;
}
}

unnecessary if
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.unreal View Post
I didn't said that i want to host my own server. I'm just learning and thankful that people help me with that a bit..
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
if(MyChar.HasItem(i)){
MyChar.RemoveItem(i);
break;
}
}

unnecessary if

How is it uneccesary if they can have only one of those 3?
Old   #14

Quote:
if (MyChar.HasItem(i))
{
MyChar.RemoveItem(i);
break;
}
got both lines with error messages
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuscheli View Post
got both lines with error messages
Its a pseudo code . You need to actually use functions from your source .