Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Newest TQ NPC meshes?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Newest TQ NPC meshes?

Hello, TQ has made a lot of new(awesome) NPCs, but we all are still using the old ugly ones.

My question is : what are the new NPCs meshes

wait wait, here is a cooler question: how can i find them by myself.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpingson View Post
Hello, TQ has made a lot of new(awesome) NPCs, but we all are still using the old ugly ones.

My question is : what are the new NPCs meshes

wait wait, here is a cooler question: how can i find them by myself.

I've generally gone with trial and error. I know at one point I had a debug mode in my source where everytime you sat it spawned the next consecutive NPC mesh, you then pushed a hotkey and it would create a cropped screenshot of that NPC (using npcMesh.jpg as filename)

That's how we created a (very old) list that we posted. Such a command is pretty **** simple to make. Just keep in mind that npc meshes increment by 10 at a time (last digit is direction they are facing)

Step 1: Create a simple uint variable to control what mesh you're currently on.

Step 2: Create a simple bool to control if you're currently logging. Set it by command or however you wish. If server is not hosted for others than skip this step.

Step 3: Handle some client action (Ex: Sit action) and have it spawn a npc/monster/etc near your location using the nextMesh + 10 for its mesh and name

Step 4: Log the results. You can capture portion of your screen or by hand. Up to you.

Alternatively you can dig through the client files but personally I prefer having pictures I can just flip through.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I've generally gone with trial and error. I know at one point I had a debug mode in my source where everytime you sat it spawned the next consecutive NPC mesh, you then pushed a hotkey and it would create a cropped screenshot of that NPC (using npcMesh.jpg as filename)

That's how we created a (very old) list that we posted. Such a command is pretty **** simple to make. Just keep in mind that npc meshes increment by 10 at a time (last digit is direction they are facing)

Step 1: Create a simple uint variable to control what mesh you're currently on.

Step 2: Create a simple bool to control if you're currently logging. Set it by command or however you wish. If server is not hosted for others than skip this step.

Step 3: Handle some client action (Ex: Sit action) and have it spawn a npc/monster/etc near your location using the nextMesh + 10 for its mesh and name

Step 4: Log the results. You can capture portion of your screen or by hand. Up to you.

Alternatively you can dig through the client files but personally I prefer having pictures I can just flip through.
i did all of that
trail and error until 4k (command , was **** boring)
then handling action until 8k
then found it impossible to go for something like 19766 (one arm bandit)
tq getting smarter by time
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
i did all of that
trail and error until 4k (command , was **** boring)
then handling action until 8k
then found it impossible to go for something like 19766 (one arm bandit)
tq getting smarter by time
Pretty sure you can get a list of valid ones from the client files then just iterate on those.

I more meant the command/action based system in order to get pictures of them all ingame for reference uses (hell, have it auto build a website and host it for ppl if you felt nice)

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Quote:
Pretty sure you can get a list of valid ones from the client files then just iterate on those.

I more meant the command/action based system in order to get pictures of them all ingame for reference uses (hell, have it auto build a website and host it for ppl if you felt nice)
i had the same idea (inspired by your topic mobmesh,npcmesh massive pics) but for mob meshs , npc meshs , ground effects (squams , pla pla ) , flags , transformations , items and maps
but it will take forever to get all pictures , rename them , upload them
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
i had the same idea (inspired by your topic mobmesh,npcmesh massive pics) but for mob meshs , npc meshs , ground effects (squams , pla pla ) , flags , transformations , items and maps
but it will take forever to get all pictures , rename them , upload them
Why would you do that?...

-Set a predetermined screen area where client and meshes are visible
-Variable MS after spawning next mesh, capture that area's pixels
-Export data to meshID.jpg in the correct subfolder
-Link into existing html document (append main page or however you wish to handle it)

Pretty simple to do really. Just requires some planning and a valid range of meshes.

Alternatively you could run a VERY basic image recognition algorithm to determine if it spawned a valid mesh (ignore the name section of image, check background texture + shadow area of screen)

PS: Was curious so I did a quick check. Apparently you can just use Bitmap.CopyFromScreen to screenshot specific areas of your visible screen.
Old   #7

Quote:
Why would you do that?...

-Set a predetermined screen area where client and meshes are visible
-Variable MS after spawning next mesh, capture that area's pixels
-Export data to meshID.jpg in the correct subfolder
-Link into existing html document (append main page or however you wish to handle it)

Pretty simple to do really. Just requires some planning and a valid range of meshes.

Alternatively you could run a VERY basic image recognition algorithm to determine if it spawned a valid mesh (ignore the name section of image, check background texture + shadow area of screen)

PS: Was curious so I did a quick check. Apparently you can just use Bitmap.CopyFromScreen to screenshot specific areas of your visible screen.
that's motivating :@ guess someone will start working on that XD