Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Newest TQ NPC meshes?

Discussion on Newest TQ NPC meshes? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Newest TQ NPC meshes?

Hello, TQ has made a lot of new(awesome) NPCs, but we all are still using the old ugly ones.

My question is : what are the new NPCs meshes

wait wait, here is a cooler question: how can i find them by myself.

Old 02/02/2013, 15:54   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpingson View Post
Hello, TQ has made a lot of new(awesome) NPCs, but we all are still using the old ugly ones.

My question is : what are the new NPCs meshes

wait wait, here is a cooler question: how can i find them by myself.

I've generally gone with trial and error. I know at one point I had a debug mode in my source where everytime you sat it spawned the next consecutive NPC mesh, you then pushed a hotkey and it would create a cropped screenshot of that NPC (using npcMesh.jpg as filename)

That's how we created a (very old) list that we posted. Such a command is pretty **** simple to make. Just keep in mind that npc meshes increment by 10 at a time (last digit is direction they are facing)

Step 1: Create a simple uint variable to control what mesh you're currently on.

Step 2: Create a simple bool to control if you're currently logging. Set it by command or however you wish. If server is not hosted for others than skip this step.

Step 3: Handle some client action (Ex: Sit action) and have it spawn a npc/monster/etc near your location using the nextMesh + 10 for its mesh and name

Step 4: Log the results. You can capture portion of your screen or by hand. Up to you.

Alternatively you can dig through the client files but personally I prefer having pictures I can just flip through.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/02/2013, 16:19   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I've generally gone with trial and error. I know at one point I had a debug mode in my source where everytime you sat it spawned the next consecutive NPC mesh, you then pushed a hotkey and it would create a cropped screenshot of that NPC (using npcMesh.jpg as filename)

That's how we created a (very old) list that we posted. Such a command is pretty **** simple to make. Just keep in mind that npc meshes increment by 10 at a time (last digit is direction they are facing)

Step 1: Create a simple uint variable to control what mesh you're currently on.

Step 2: Create a simple bool to control if you're currently logging. Set it by command or however you wish. If server is not hosted for others than skip this step.

Step 3: Handle some client action (Ex: Sit action) and have it spawn a npc/monster/etc near your location using the nextMesh + 10 for its mesh and name

Step 4: Log the results. You can capture portion of your screen or by hand. Up to you.

Alternatively you can dig through the client files but personally I prefer having pictures I can just flip through.
i did all of that
trail and error until 4k (command , was **** boring)
then handling action until 8k
then found it impossible to go for something like 19766 (one arm bandit)
tq getting smarter by time
Old 02/02/2013, 16:54   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
i did all of that
trail and error until 4k (command , was **** boring)
then handling action until 8k
then found it impossible to go for something like 19766 (one arm bandit)
tq getting smarter by time
Pretty sure you can get a list of valid ones from the client files then just iterate on those.

I more meant the command/action based system in order to get pictures of them all ingame for reference uses (hell, have it auto build a website and host it for ppl if you felt nice)
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/02/2013, 17:14   #5

Quote:
Pretty sure you can get a list of valid ones from the client files then just iterate on those.

I more meant the command/action based system in order to get pictures of them all ingame for reference uses (hell, have it auto build a website and host it for ppl if you felt nice)
i had the same idea (inspired by your topic mobmesh,npcmesh massive pics) but for mob meshs , npc meshs , ground effects (squams , pla pla ) , flags , transformations , items and maps
but it will take forever to get all pictures , rename them , upload them
Old 02/02/2013, 17:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
i had the same idea (inspired by your topic mobmesh,npcmesh massive pics) but for mob meshs , npc meshs , ground effects (squams , pla pla ) , flags , transformations , items and maps
but it will take forever to get all pictures , rename them , upload them
Why would you do that?...

-Set a predetermined screen area where client and meshes are visible
-Variable MS after spawning next mesh, capture that area's pixels
-Export data to meshID.jpg in the correct subfolder
-Link into existing html document (append main page or however you wish to handle it)

Pretty simple to do really. Just requires some planning and a valid range of meshes.

Alternatively you could run a VERY basic image recognition algorithm to determine if it spawned a valid mesh (ignore the name section of image, check background texture + shadow area of screen)

PS: Was curious so I did a quick check. Apparently you can just use Bitmap.CopyFromScreen to screenshot specific areas of your visible screen.
Old 02/02/2013, 19:14   #7

Quote:
Why would you do that?...

-Set a predetermined screen area where client and meshes are visible
-Variable MS after spawning next mesh, capture that area's pixels
-Export data to meshID.jpg in the correct subfolder
-Link into existing html document (append main page or however you wish to handle it)

Pretty simple to do really. Just requires some planning and a valid range of meshes.

Alternatively you could run a VERY basic image recognition algorithm to determine if it spawned a valid mesh (ignore the name section of image, check background texture + shadow area of screen)

PS: Was curious so I did a quick check. Apparently you can just use Bitmap.CopyFromScreen to screenshot specific areas of your visible screen.
that's motivating :@ guess someone will start working on that XD