Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do I create a custom server.dat?

Discussion on How do I create a custom server.dat? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow How do I create a custom server.dat?

Now I know I will probably be flamed, but I have searched through google and through the forums a plethora of times and have not found a straight answer for what I'm looking for.
Ok. So, I've been working on setting up a 5670 server and I used the official conquer client and patched it to the version I needed. And after I copied in the LoaderSet.ini and a cracked loader I still found that the servers were all the originals. So I set out to change the server.dat, but to my dismay, found that it is encrypted. So I downloaded someone else's private server to see what their server.dat looks like only to find that it too was encrypted, but had custom server names. Therefore there must be a way to either decrypt and edit the original, or create you own and encrypt it. Right?
Old 11/28/2012, 23:03   #2

elite*gold: 28
It's RSA encrypted, either reverse the key used and then decrypt/encrypt it.

Or... If you're smart there's client edits that can be done to have just one server showing.
Old 12/07/2012, 22:21   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,113
You can decrypt it... but not encrypt it without the server key (which nobody has as far as I'm aware). You could just hook the client and tell it to not decrypt the file. Then, you can load a decrypted file instead.