Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TQ CRACKS DOWN! Learn how to protect your pserver!

Discussion on TQ CRACKS DOWN! Learn how to protect your pserver! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 03/28/2009, 00:14   #31

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
At no point do they mention 'you must agree to our terms of service by using this site', nowhere does it say that. They also do not mention that use of the site auto-binds you to that terms of service.

A copyright is only disallowing modification of the client, or modified redistribution. However, they do not ever say, in a terms of service using the client agrees to, that you cannot redistribute the client.

I don't know the laws of Cali, but again: you do NOT agree to those terms unless you make an account.

-Andy
I see. Well, I am out of ideas trying to defend TQ's user agreement. <3
Old 03/28/2009, 00:24   #32

elite*gold: 0
I'd be willing to bet California has the wickedest, most bad *** legislation against this kind of thing in the whole United States.
Old 03/28/2009, 01:29   #33

Well..i learned in my business formation there are international copyrights.. so make sure TQ don't have the copyrights in US or any other countries or they will sue all *****. Btw copyrights include client because the npcs and items names and maps names are their. to be sure not to be sued modify all npcs names,maps names and items names and it is not protected anymore by copyrights.

There is a site to check if TQ got copyrights in Canada or USA... just find it and search in it ... not really hard.I could give any links after i check in my business books.
Old 03/28/2009, 02:31   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by androw3349 View Post
1: We Dont gain any attention cuz Egypt dosent on the ruls of the private server

2nd : Shery Gm On Tq Test Our Server And She didnt Say Nothing To Us

3: Uzn Will Be Off Soon Cuz It gain attention That is what i see
LOL yeah right i believe sherry GM plays on your server about as much as i believe santa claus is real wtf would a GM be doin playin on shitty copals server LOL I happen to know a few of the GM's and sherry is one of them and i know she wouldn't be setting foot in a private server if her life depended on it especially one run by egys gimmi a break if some one on your server claims to be a gm for real co playing there there lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
For Tw3ak and this topic:

Tw3ak's post:

The user agreement for TQ states you cannot use any of their clients for anything except connecting to their servers/services.

Definition 9; "Official Service"

That is where they get you. One nice thing is they'll leave you alone as long as your 'project' doesn't involve any money...as other people are saying.

edit: didn't look at second page, and after doing so, added one of Tw3ak's posts.
Hmm well it has been updated over the years then lol i don't remember original TOS back in 2001-2002 having anything related to private servers because they didn't even exist yet.
Old 03/28/2009, 02:46   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob2008 View Post
I'd be willing to bet California has the wickedest, most bad *** legislation against this kind of thing in the whole United States.
i hope not =] bcuz thats were i live n lots of other pserver owners! =(
Old 03/28/2009, 03:17   #36

Am i the only one that finds this ironic ??

MegaMax just boasted earlier that TQ GM sherry plays on copals ( not that i believe it what so ever ) and that there server is not drawing attention to themselves yet after this thread was posted about servers being shut down copals.org url is dead ?

Is some one scared and shut down there webpage so TQ can't find them running pay2play co server? Could be just coincidence but funny the site was working the day prior to this thread now it doesn't resolve to anywhere again.

Maybe they just have a crappy webhost but either way i found it kinda ironic the url worked other day and now doesn't when as mega max stated they have nothing to worry about when they have alot to worry about from what i hear lol
Old 03/28/2009, 03:23   #37

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Very ironic, they think there all that n now they hide =p
Old 03/28/2009, 15:17   #38

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,346
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemy View Post
Well where i live piracy is allowed and the cops will smile if someone comes and say Jimmy broke our copyrights please help us to court him.

well and my IP goes of over South africa and sometimes you cannot find me even on that earth.
iam agree with you
Old 03/28/2009, 16:09   #39

Well only noobs can be shut down by TQ real pros cannot even be shut down by a goverment.

oh and i agree with Twa3k Copals suck not the source it self the staff of them (not u mega) but all others gay whores who think they own the world just coz Epvpers or becko kissed an chinese *** till he gave him the source to make him shut up.

Jemy~
Old 03/28/2009, 16:21   #40

lol...
Old 03/28/2009, 21:13   #41

It is stupid, I'll tell you why.
If they even suspect that you are using/editing/distributing/coding anything related to their game they have 100% authority or right to access your website even if you forbid them. This is because they've licensed the game and all material is copyrighted. You are stupid if you believe something as small as that can protect you.

You can probably sue TQ, but winning? Slim to nothing. TQ hires lawyers with their multi-million dollar company. Why hasn't TQ shut down QO? They can't simply because QO doesn't really modify anything, code is 100% reverse engineered. So if your p-server is reverse engineered then you should be fine. Binaries are a new story.

Until TQ's TOS states that you cannot reverse engineer their game then your effed. Plus, any binary server isn't even big at all. They only shut down p-servers that are even a fraction of a threat to them.
Old 03/28/2009, 22:03   #42

Received Thanks: 2,518
If you make your own source and dont distribute the client or show people how to modify the client in order to join your private server then you arnt doing anything illegal and you cant be shut down.

Thats how WoW private servers are still running dispite Blizzard going on a rampage shutting down anyone who distribute modified game files and clients.
Old 03/28/2009, 22:42   #43

Hello Im from Sudan and what im thinking is most of the countries Agreed to the terms of the US-but this does not apply to me (I`m hosting my own server )and thats because ........Both Europe and the United States severed relations with us and we are not bound by the terms of the United States I think they are not able to do anything for me if some thing from what i said was wrong corrected me.
Old 03/28/2009, 23:09   #44

in all middle east expect south africa the goverments do not care about copyrights and trademarks.
Old 03/28/2009, 23:12   #45

so i do not have any thing to worry about?