Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Making a private server

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Making a private server

Before somebody jumps in and screams about the "Search" button and how many guides are available i wud like to say that i checked all these, and the reason iam asking about how to make a private server is that my request is quite different, i dont need a server that everyone can play on, i dont need a host...just a humble server that is locally hosted on my PC ( my own little private world ) , also i need a source that is 100 percent identical to TQ's source, not necessarily a recent version but it has to be the original source tq used at that time, unedited, i checked all the guides and the sources provided with them and ( correct me if iam wrong ) they seem to have been altered by a third party ( not the original thing anymore ) ...so is what iam asking for possible?

Old 11/03/2012, 23:31   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,370
A source like what you described doesn't exist.

Old 11/04/2012, 16:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
A source like what you described doesn't exist.
so its impossible to have a source that tq used ( no matter what version ) to use as a private server?? what are my other options then?
Old 11/04/2012, 19:44   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheater3000 View Post
so its impossible to have a source that tq used ( no matter what version ) to use as a private server?? what are my other options then?
1. You could use a highly illegal TQ Binary (which is the binary output from TQ's real server source from patch 5095). Or...

2. You could use a not-as-illegal (possibly legal if you use it correctly) C# source that one of the members here created. I have a thread of all of these sources in the release section / in my signature.

Both require work on your part.

Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2012, 19:53   #5

Quote:
1. You could use a highly illegal TQ Binary (which is the binary output from TQ's real server source from patch 5095). Or...

2. You could use a not-as-illegal (possibly legal if you use it correctly) C# source that one of the members here created. I have a thread of all of these sources in the release section / in my signature.

Both require work on your part.
hmmm the 1st option sounds good as my server will be locally hosted, no1 other than me will use it, i assume that the threads with ( version 5095 source ) is what iam looking for then,right? as for the working part yeah ofcourse i know that, i just needed to be sure before i start working on something and then realize that this isnt what i wanted, thanks for the information
Old 11/04/2012, 21:59   #6

Quote:
hmmm the 1st option sounds good as my server will be locally hosted, no1 other than me will use it, i assume that the threads with ( version 5095 source ) is what iam looking for then,right? as for the working part yeah ofcourse i know that, i just needed to be sure before i start working on something and then realize that this isnt what i wanted, thanks for the information
Binaries are illegal... and thus not allowed on this forum. You'd have to go to another community to find them. They're not sources, they're binaries (the output from a source).
Old 11/06/2012, 16:27   #7

Quote:
Binaries are illegal... and thus not allowed on this forum. You'd have to go to another community to find them. They're not sources, they're binaries (the output from a source).
alright , i will check some other forums then, thanks for the info
Old 11/06/2012, 16:41   #8

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,929
Quote:
alright , i will check some other forums then, thanks for the info
Taking this last post as a reference...

#Closed

Closed Thread