Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[REQUEST NPCS/COMMANDS THREAD]

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[REQUEST NPCS/COMMANDS THREAD]

Hi I'm Pete,

This thread is basically for people of any source type to ask for a NPC or command , now when i say source i mean TQ BINARIES are not a source.

so just post what you want the npc to do/say/check and we ( all members of epvp conquer section ) will try to help you in this process. same with command what the command does/checks for or w.e. NOW if you have question on how to run your source / set it up/ make it work , then this isnt the right place

THIS THREAD IS FOR NPCS/COMMANDS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Example of a Good Request

Quote:

Hi, i would like a NPC that gives you a certain skill like luckytime. But i want it to make sure the player is second reborn and level 15.

Thanks for reading this

Example of a BAD Request

Quote:

i want npc that gives free items
Few reasons why that request is bad
  1. ALREADY RELEASED
  2. ..MORE DETAILS? WHAT ITEMS WHAT LEVELS
  3. DIDNT EVEN SAY THX FOR READING!!!

Thanks
1 User
Old 02/16/2009, 11:55   #2

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,159
Pete, I would have to say this thread is worthless. You can't really say something like this, so if I came to you and asked : Can you make me a command that will raise my reborncount by 3, and I have to be atleast level 105 to use it - could you do it? - NO!

We dont use the same source. I bet this thread is only for LOTF user, and all members of epvp tries to get out of lotf, but you keep sticking to it.

Example of how a code like I posted above can be coded:

Quote:
if (Entity.Level >= 105)
{
Entity.Character.Reborns += 3;
}
In LOTF

Quote:
if (C.Level >= 105)
{
C.RBCount += 3;
}
Those noobs who are going to actually post something here, aren't that smart enough to figure out that C is for Character, and RBCount is for amount of Reborns, etc etc etc..

DONT STICK TO LOTF!

Old 02/16/2009, 12:55   #3

lol...emme i could make that for you >< im not that dumb =]

when your right, for lotf only probably but thats why i said members of epvp
Old 02/16/2009, 15:29   #4

No, you wouldnt be able to do it for me if you didnt know how my source works, for example, instead of "MyChar" which is in LOTF, it could be "ThePlayer" - which you would have no idea of.

Old 02/16/2009, 18:26   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,875
So? All that means is the consumer needs to be competent enough to edit it for compatibility. It's not something that hard to do.
Old 02/16/2009, 19:44   #6

You bring me back to my earlier post - anyone who got that knowledge to 'understand' most of the codes would post here in the first place.
Old 02/16/2009, 20:06   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
You bring me back to my earlier post - anyone who got that knowledge to 'understand' most of the codes would post here in the first place.
You don't have to understand a code to mod it, especially since the vast majority of people are not using custom sources and are using LOTF, it doesn't really matter, now does it? When I started, I'd take a random code, and mod it, and look at what changed and then figure out why it changed, etc. etc. process of elimination and trial and error.
Old 02/16/2009, 20:22   #8

But anyone whos intrested in learning (I assume that you meant people whos intrested are ready to mod it) , should not use codes that are coded for lotf, and especially not from Pete beacuse he is clearly not skilled enough to make a good code for major things, playerguard for a example.
Old 02/16/2009, 20:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
But anyone whos intrested in learning (I assume that you meant people whos intrested are ready to mod it) , should not use codes that are coded for lotf, and especially not from Pete beacuse he is clearly not skilled enough to make a good code for major things, playerguard for a example.
Have u seen any of his codes?...he is 9 years old give him a break.

He probably gunna do better than you, he doesn't flame and he helps the community; what do you do?

Hmm flame and just be arrogant.
Old 02/16/2009, 21:16   #10

Read my post twice, I did not attempt to flame I just pointed out that this thread would probably be only for LOTF users, and e*pvp tries to get away from LOTF.
Old 02/16/2009, 21:43   #11

Quote:
because he is clearly not skilled enough to make a good code for major things
I find that quite nasty toward pete, as for the flaming; did i say that it was in this thread?
Old 02/16/2009, 22:03   #12

That is the truth, and im pretty sure that Pete is aware of that. Major things is like vending,nobility,playerguards, etc etc etc
Old 02/17/2009, 11:45   #13

this is pointless
if someone has his own source wich isn't shared in here (forum) then pete would have no idea how to make a command about it without the owners telling him what is the source.
also that if the owners tell him whats in the source so that pete could make a command that would be lost of time becaus those owners would already have the knowledge from how to make such commands since they must have made the source

so this is pointless.
the only thing that could be requested is npc's but only the idea of a text and or a quest.
even that if this would work why would ppl post here anyways. we are already on page 2.
my suggestion would be, to all those that needs an npc / command then just send pete an email.
posting it here would be pointless and a wast of time
Old 02/17/2009, 12:40   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuko View Post
this is pointless
if someone has his own source wich isn't shared in here (forum) then pete would have no idea how to make a command about it without the owners telling him what is the source.
also that if the owners tell him whats in the source so that pete could make a command that would be lost of time becaus those owners would already have the knowledge from how to make such commands since they must have made the source

so this is pointless.
the only thing that could be requested is npc's but only the idea of a text and or a quest.
even that if this would work why would ppl post here anyways. we are already on page 2.
my suggestion would be, to all those that needs an npc / command then just send pete an email.
posting it here would be pointless and a wast of time
If someone has another source it is probably self made or its Hybrids...in which case the user should be able to do this themselves.

but for LOTF users this is good
Old 02/17/2009, 14:18   #15

thats also what i ment.
if you want a npc of you send a message to pete who would be glad to help you out or you just look in this forum and search one of the many npc guide.
and also its easy to copy and change some text.

so why even bothering to make a topic about it ?

pete has good intentions but should think twice befor posting
nah kidding

« [Help]Binaries problem | WILL SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME! »