Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question: CO Client

Discussion on Question: CO Client within the CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Question: CO Client

[U]Just a quick question for the coders: kinshi, emme, or Tane (any1 else can answer but i think they're most likely to know the answer )[/U]

I realise that at the moment almost ALL private servers (except for AcidCo) use version 5017. BUT is it possible to simply take files from the real conquer client and put it in the client you use for p-servers? (sorry if it doesnt make sense). So for example: When TQ released the patch for Star Tower and Heaven Fan. The patch had all the necessary files needed for the client, like the section where you see your tower when it's equiped. Could you just take that and place it into your p-server client?

Well, that's my question. Thanks.

SIDE NOTE: Personally, i think these are the kinds of questions that should be asked on this forum, NOT: "who has the code for ninjas or star tower" .

DON'T FLAME ME ON THIS, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

Old 02/05/2009, 19:54   #2

elite*gold: 20
No it won't work because the resources inside your conquer client aren't being used unless the main .exe (conquer.exe) calls them... an yours doesn't....

Unless you have amazing ASM skills i doubt you'll be able to either.

Old 02/05/2009, 20:17   #3

ok, well can u just decompile the conquer.exe and make it call what u need?

Or, is there a way to make the official CO client pserver compatible/. (not sure if its possible)
Old 02/05/2009, 21:09   #4

In a basic sense, it just will not be possible. Theoretically, as far as I know, it is possible, but not a soul that visits these forums would waste their time helping people get anything else. Everyone here leeches and claims they are trying to learn when most of them just want to look cool to their friends. You have enough already, if you want to look better figure out the rest by yourself or by actually learning(like I did).

Also, Acid is not the only one with 5017+, CoEmu v2 has 5095 w/ ninjas

Old 02/05/2009, 21:12   #5

well ok, but the question still stands i guess. It up to you guys if you wanna help. this was simply a question.
Old 02/05/2009, 21:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
In a basic sense, it just will not be possible. Theoretically, as far as I know, it is possible, but not a soul that visits these forums would waste their time helping people get anything else. Everyone here leeches and claims they are trying to learn when most of them just want to look cool to their friends. You have enough already, if you want to look better figure out the rest by yourself or by actually learning(like I did).

Also, Acid is not the only one with 5017+, CoEmu v2 has 5095 w/ ninjas
yep coemu has ninjas BUT YOUR CLIENT DOESNT WORK maybe fix it then boast about you having it.
Old 02/05/2009, 21:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellCo View Post
yep coemu has ninjas BUT YOUR CLIENT DOESNT WORK maybe fix it then boast about you having it.
Excuse me HellCo, DONT start making trouble in this thread. This is only a question thread. LEAVE IT LIKE THAT.
Old 02/05/2009, 21:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia13 View Post
Excuse me HellCo, DONT start making trouble in this thread. This is only a question thread. LEAVE IT LIKE THAT.
I was just letting him kno his client don't work, maybe he'll fix it now, i kno alot of people have had this problem.
Old 02/05/2009, 21:37   #9

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,160
I think e*pvp implented a funcion called PrivateMessages, obviously HellCO is to busy to check those funcions, he's time is spent to flame others for no reason at all.

hellco, do not respond to this unless its in a pm.
Old 02/05/2009, 21:42   #10

And F.Y.I HellCO.. I managed to log straight into coemu v2... Don't blame your incompetence on other people.
Old 02/05/2009, 22:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia13 View Post
ok, well can u just decompile the conquer.exe and make it call what u need?

Or, is there a way to make the official CO client pserver compatible/. (not sure if its possible)
It's close to impossible to decompile native code(any coding language besides .NET[C#, ManagedC++,VB.NET] or java is probably native, this includes C++, C, Pascal, Delphi, etc.), and if you do, you don't get anything that's totally readable like you can from intermediate languages(java/.NET compile to an intermediate language. ByteCode for java, IL for .NET).
Old 02/05/2009, 22:53   #12

Received Thanks: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao4229 View Post
It's close to impossible to decompile native code(any coding language besides .NET[C#, ManagedC++,VB.NET] or java is probably native, this includes C++, C, Pascal, Delphi, etc.), and if you do, you don't get anything that's totally readable like you can from intermediate languages(java/.NET compile to an intermediate language. ByteCode for java, IL for .NET).
Indeed but you can disassemble it, and then if you know what your doing, or experience with olly, your good to go.

Ultimation managed (I think? If not, knows how) to remove the current encryption from the client however that was our other option if we couldn't work out the current encryption, so it is possible, but it isn't likely you'd be able to do it.
Old 02/06/2009, 00:43   #13

Now this is what i was talking about. productive discussion Thanks for the info. i guess my question is alot more complicated than i thought lol.

« Lets See What Jemy Lied On Me | [lil Help]Items Prices »