Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Request] Java and VB Codes

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,159
[Request] Java and VB Codes

Hey hey. Heres the deal, im starting 'Gymnasium' in a few months, its like college but a lil different. Well, its for three years, and theres a new coding language each year.
First year = Java - Basic definitions and some basic codes
Seconds year = VB - Basic definitons and some basic and decent codes
Third year = C# / C++ - Basic definitons and some decent and good codes ( Did a test while I was there when everybody could come visit, I got A+ on the test )

So, I would really appriciate some basic codes in java or/and VB, somewhat related to either ConquerOnline, or some console application codes. Im just going to see if I can related java/VB to C#, and the codes im not understanding, I will use google for.

Thanks!

Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Hey hey. Heres the deal, im starting 'Gymnasium' in a few months, its like college but a lil different. Well, its for three years, and theres a new coding language each year.
First year = Java - Basic definitions and some basic codes
Seconds year = VB - Basic definitons and some basic and decent codes
Third year = C# / C++ - Basic definitons and some decent and good codes ( Did a test while I was there when everybody could come visit, I got A+ on the test )

So, I would really appriciate some basic codes in java or/and VB, somewhat related to either ConquerOnline, or some console application codes. Im just going to see if I can related java/VB to C#, and the codes im not understanding, I will use google for.

Thanks!
I refused to do the Java and VB programming courses which is why I was booted from my programming classes, but people know I'm better (if not the best) than the vast majority of programmers in my school. Both the languages suck.

Java? Use C#, Java doesn't have pointers, C# has just as many "useful" if not more wrappers than Java.

VB? Kill yourself, stop programming, gtfo.

Just google for tuts, or check MS's website, lol.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 20
There is no decent coding in VB, lol.

Oh and also look at the programming section (CO Programming) I stickied a thread there a while ago where people could gather tutorials. There should be couple java tutorials as well.
Old   #4

elite*gold: 0
I was going to take programming courses at my school, but this is how it turns out:

2 years of (easy)VB.NET to get into an (intermediate)C++ course, then only to **** it up with a (supposedly advanced) Java course.

I'll learn on my own, kthx.