Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Workshop] Updating code to work post client V.5018

Discussion on [Workshop] Updating code to work post client V.5018 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/08/2009, 07:24   #46

elite*gold: 20
Well actually I'm at a small stump, but I'm working on it
Old 01/08/2009, 17:11   #47

elite*gold: 0
im now <-> close =D, got to compute the clients public key and im done =P
Old 01/10/2009, 16:44   #48

this sounds very good but i have no clue what to do even with your guide
Old 01/12/2009, 02:01   #49

Received Thanks: 2,518
Bump
Old 01/15/2009, 08:18   #50

I can't believe so few people have interest in this. This is perhaps the most important thread in this whole section and nobody cares enough to keep it alive?

-bump
Old 01/15/2009, 10:36   #51

I will bump it coz i know its important but the majority of people i the forum dont know what this is about, how to implement it or use it (including me)
Old 01/15/2009, 14:15   #52

Received Thanks: 1,000
Lets try something else than bumping.

#Sticky
Old 01/15/2009, 15:14   #53

BUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Limit View Post
I will bump it coz i know its important but the majority of people i the forum dont know what this is about, how to implement it or use it (including me)
/agreed

@unknownone
maybe you can explain it little bit more:P
Old 01/15/2009, 16:18   #54

Received Thanks: 1,000
He's basically given out the code already. :P
Old 01/15/2009, 16:50   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanelipe View Post
He's basically given out the code already. :P
Yeah i could copy and pate this and hope for the best but i wanna know how to work with it properly. I know that teaching us a bit more about it may lead to tonnes on 5018+ servers but there already is (TQ binary stuff). I Personally want to go to the best patch but if i don't understand anything in the block of code then i have no chance. I could wait till i know wtf is going on here but by then it will probably be released in a source.

P.S. - Nice one for stickying
Old 01/15/2009, 17:45   #56

There's really nothing else I can help you with - everything is here. I already told you, I'm not giving any implementation specific code, so don't expect me to take a look at LOTF (or w/e you use) and tell you how to fix it. Why are you running a server if you don't understand the very basics of how it works in the first place?

Simply put - you need to understand about encryption. What it does, why it's there, and where it is. Whatever server you're already using has it's own cryptography, because it existed before patch 5018, this just needs replacing with the new method, that's all. (although, the login server should remain unchanged). Read up on cryptography - wikipedia is the place to start.
Before you read up on encryption, you might wanna read up on networking, TCP, binary data, streaming, serialization/marshalling etc. They're the basic components that make up your server, if you don't understand them, you won't understand my code.

Basically, you replace the cryptography module, implement a check within your server to decide whether the packets you're sending to/receiving from are the first ones (the key packets already described), if not, enter your normal check for the packet type. You need to modify your packet splitting and sending code to compensate for the TQServer, TQClient padding too. I can't help you with that - because you don't appear to even know how your own server does it - but I can tell you this - if you're using code from this forum, you're doing it badly.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/15/2009, 19:26   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
There's really nothing else I can help you with - everything is here. I already told you, I'm not giving any implementation specific code, so don't expect me to take a look at LOTF (or w/e you use) and tell you how to fix it. Why are you running a server if you don't understand the very basics of how it works in the first place?

Simply put - you need to understand about encryption. What it does, why it's there, and where it is. Whatever server you're already using has it's own cryptography, because it existed before patch 5018, this just needs replacing with the new method, that's all. (although, the login server should remain unchanged). Read up on cryptography - wikipedia is the place to start.
Before you read up on encryption, you might wanna read up on networking, TCP, binary data, streaming, serialization/marshalling etc. They're the basic components that make up your server, if you don't understand them, you won't understand my code.

Basically, you replace the cryptography module, implement a check within your server to decide whether the packets you're sending to/receiving from are the first ones (the key packets already described), if not, enter your normal check for the packet type. You need to modify your packet splitting and sending code to compensate for the TQServer, TQClient padding too. I can't help you with that - because you don't appear to even know how your own server does it - but I can tell you this - if you're using code from this forum, you're doing it badly.
Thanks alot ill begin reading up on it.
Old 01/16/2009, 10:33   #58

Wow,You went public with this info.I clicked on the PS section for some reason and seen a thread started by you and knew I had to check it out.Thank for posting.
Old 01/16/2009, 18:03   #59

I love this, i'll try figure out what all these things mean and then i'll try understand your code, unknownone - and then i'll try and make a nice server ty ty
Old 01/17/2009, 06:05   #60

How meny ppl have got this to work?Proxy side of it..?was it with a QO source or A fresh build?(Im not going to ask for the source,Im just wondering..btw)
I'm going to try it out,Should take me a while,I havent touched a computer in like 4 months(apartment burnt down ,and I just got a "new" computer/internet).
Any reason this is in the PS section and not the programming section?I never checked the PS section and almost missed this thread!
Closed Thread